Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2021, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Old 05-22-2021, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

I often wonder, if we had seen a relationship with C/L play out then end in season 3, rather than season 7, then Chris not be used as a foil when L/L got together....if he would be less hated and actually tolerable?
Old 05-23-2021, 10:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

I would think so especially if after C/L ended they had him actually work on his relationship with Rory. even if they didn't do that though I still think he wouldn't get so much hate if they did C/L earlier.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, have him actually work on being a dad and not use Rory only as a means to get to Lorelai.

Imagine being Rory, knowing that you're only ever a second thought to your dad, that he will always put his feelings for your mother first. And if he can't get with her, he has no interest in you.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I hate the way he says "let's get to know each other as adults." Um... by getting married?? God, his reasoning is so dumb. His selfishness just angers me so much. The thing is even when they did get married in season 7 (gag), he never actually truly got to know her as an adult. He still saw her as that person he knew as a teenager. Like he refused to see her as she was now. He wanted her to be that version of herself she no longer was because that's the Lorelai he knew.
100% Chris never really matured. He's still that irresponsible, selfish teenager.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

Yep. Irresponsible and selfish.

Compare him to Luke who was always able to pick up on Lorelai's feelings (the uh, dumb OOC April situation aside). For example, he didn't need for her to tell him that she didn't want to move out of her house. Her rambling and her mood about moving, Luke picked up on and then he's there the next day, having the house looked at to renovate so they can spend their life together there. Where as I always felt like Chris never got her on that level. He never picked up on those things. Unless it was glaringly obvious (like her still being in love with Luke).
Old 05-25-2021, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Yeah, have him actually work on being a dad and not use Rory only as a means to get to Lorelai.

Imagine being Rory, knowing that you're only ever a second thought to your dad, that he will always put his feelings for your mother first. And if he can't get with her, he has no interest in you.
But no. It was all Lorelai’s fault that he wasn’t around, right? It had nothing to do with him just not making an effort. If he wanted to be in their lives for Rory, Lorelai definitely would’ve encouraged that.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

man, the Chris stan on reddit is wild.

yea, she always left the door open for him, he just didn't use it.

Luke so clearly understands her better.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by - reflecting light - (View Post)
yea, she always left the door open for him, he just didn't use it.
Yep exactly. But he can never just say that.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
But no. It was all Lorelai’s fault that he wasn’t around, right? It had nothing to do with him just not making an effort. If he wanted to be in their lives for Rory, Lorelai definitely would’ve encouraged that.
Yeah, ugh. The fact even in AYITL he basically tells Rory that Lorelai didn't let him in. Uhhhh, not true, Chris! See, that's the version he paints to make himself look less of a villain. Proving again of his lack of self awareness.

LOL the Chris stans you get on Reddit are something else. Anyone who comes out to defend his actions hasn't paid attention to the story. Especially his behaviour in season 7. The scene where he wants to "make a baby" with Lorelai is so unbelievably disgusting, that I don't know how fans of Chris or people who root for Chris and Lorelai to be together, still root for them and him, after a moment like that?
Old 05-31-2021, 09:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't get the stans at all, they are clearly watching a different version of the show. I don't like when people say that but in this case, it's really true.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

It really is true! If you watch the show and take into account ALL of his actions, his behaviour and his treatment of Lorelai... then you would clearly see how awful he is and would not want him to be with her. The entire point of their relationship in season 7 was to show us how they didnt work. Literally the only reason that storyline happened. Yet, there's people who have watched the whole show, and do still want them together! So, either they think those actions and behaviors are okay, which is concerning, or they ignore them and have a different version of Chris and the show in their mind.

I was watching Wedding Bell Blues yesterday and uuuuugh he is a just a giant POS in that episode. The way he says to Luke "for now!" when Luke says he's with Lorelai.... I want to smack his stupid, slimy face.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Luke got the last laugh.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

That he did. "It was always supposed to be Luke."

Old 06-03-2021, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion