Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2021, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

They were desperate to make him feel relevant.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

For sure they have to be desperate. They could never have had him physically on the show, after his last appearance in season 3, only have him mentioned every now and then (or like once lol) and that would have worked perfectly fine. All he does when he comes back is cause trouble anyway. He's as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
For sure they have to be desperate. They could never have had him physically on the show, after his last appearance in season 3, only have him mentioned every now and then (or like once lol) and that would have worked perfectly fine. All he does when he comes back is cause trouble anyway. He's as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
Okay, that made me laugh.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

For real though. He's useless and drags down the show whenever he's there. Even just hearing his voice makes me roll my eyes.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Today I read someone say that "Chris has tons of redeeming qualities" and my eyes could not have rolled further back into my head. They then went onto name superficial and subjective reasons (he's good looking, charming, romantic) that have nothing to do with redemption or redeeming qualities.

There is literally zero redeeming qualities about Christopher Hayden. On this hill I will die.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I don’t understand people’s thinking sometimes.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't either.

yea, Chris is all around awful.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

For Chris, he could have two tiny, miniscule steps forward... then those are all completely erased by something he says and does. But he showed no redemption. He had chances, but he never took them.

I'm honestly just so glad he had nothing but an email relationship with Lorelai in the revival. It shows how unimportant he was to her, ultimately. She finally realised in those years after they split up in the OS through to AYITL, her life is better without Chris being in it.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Today I read someone say that "Chris has tons of redeeming qualities" and my eyes could not have rolled further back into my head. They then went onto name superficial and subjective reasons (he's good looking, charming, romantic) that have nothing to do with redemption or redeeming qualities.

There is literally zero redeeming qualities about Christopher Hayden. On this hill I will die.
I'm telling you, people will make every excuse in the world for bad behavior just cause the guy is cute. Looks don't win me over, it's what's inside them that counts and how they treat people. Actions speak much louder than words for me. Chris never redeemed himself for the years he wasn't a part of Rory's life.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Yep, it needs to be so much more than superficial stuff for me. Good looks, being able to banter and getting pop culture references are nothing compared to Luke who time and time again showed his love for Lorelai through his actions, being there for her and loving Rory like she was his own daughter.

Even the good looks thing....Luke is still beats out Chris in that department.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

I've also seen people defend CL with saying that Lauren liked David better and she apparently wanted CL which is weird because what's on the actual show is what matters.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, that's a weird take because that has nothing to do with the characters.

I think it was at the time she had said something in an interview that alluded to her saying she wanted Lorelai to end up with Chris but people took what she said and ran with it that she 100% said that and never wanted Lorelai to be with Luke.

I have still to see this interview, but reading what various people have said about it, that seems to be the case.

At least since then, she's very much NOT that way of thinking now. She has clearly changed her mind or she never actually thought that in the first place. The fact she blocked out that Chris and Lorelai got married is very telling.

And yeah, I know people like to bring up that she was closer with David than Scott, but again, that has nothing to do with the characters?! And well, she certainly isn't close to David now and probably wouldn't ever associate with him, considering what he is like. I'm so glad they didn't give them any scenes together in AYITL so she never had to see or work with him again. And if she and Scott really hated each other like some like to claim, they wouldn't have agreed to work together on the revival where the majority of their scenes are with each other lol.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

10 Moments That Led To Lorelai & Christopher's Divorce
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...r-divorce/amp/

Quote:
Christopher claims to know Lorelai better than anyone, but realistically, Christopher knows the old Lorelai. The Lorelai in his head and his heart was the Lorelai he fell in love with as a teen. But Lorelai is a different woman in her adult years. His assumptions about their daughter, her points of view, and their future together were just that — assumptions. When Lorelai breaks the hard truth to Christopher he has a meltdown. And that's strictly because he was upset that Lorelai wasn't the same girl from their teen years.
Yup, yup, yup.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm glad she's not thinking that way anymore.

that article is spot on especially that part! it's what everyone has been saying.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

I think when she actually paid attention to the show and watched it when writing her book, she would see that it was clearly never meant to be Chris.

He never even wanted to get to know her as an adult because he was so stuck in the past. Because really, their past is all they have. They were never going to have a future. I guess as messy as that season 7 relationship was, it showed just how not meant to be they were.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread