Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Nah, I'm not bitter...and this is me talking after the fact.

The thing that just irked me the whole season is hearing about Taurasi this, D that. You're right, she isn't that good...she's lazy on defense, she's not a great ball handler, but she CAN shoot the lights out. They were definitely more vulnerable when she was injured, and their losses proved that.

My gripe is Tennessee didn't get any much deserved credit. They didn't have a Taurasi, a Wheelan, a Beard...players that can put the ball in the hole day in and day out. I've been a Vols fan for 20 years and this is the first that team I've seen that most people couldn't tell you who the top player is. Because there isn't one. You never knew who was going to have a good game from day to day, it was always someone different. Yet they still managed to win, with just plain "average" college atheletes.

In the end, yes, the scoreboard shows the victor. But I'd say the real winners are Tennessee on a whole.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

If it was Middle Tennessee State, sure. It's UT. They get no pat on the back for losing in the finals. Duke gets no pat on the back for losing in the Final Four. My Hurricanes get no pat on the back for losing the Championship game, why? Cuz it's like home. Not the losing, but being there.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Passionate Fan

What about the rest of the UConn team? All I see is Taurasi in the headlines.....what a shame.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

It happens. You only hear about Scottie when he's pouting or screws up, it's all about Mike. When Chamiqua Holdsclaw was at UT, that's all you heard. Superstars are needed, teams don't really matter.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:14 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>It happens. You only hear about Scottie when he's pouting or screws up, it's all about Mike. </STRONG>
Nothing wrong with that. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]