Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

It's great to see the team succeed, especially after it's place tragedy a few years back.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Absolute Fan

My boys are in the final four, baby!

Coach K better smack them around a little though because today was not easily won. Even when Deng threw the ball in the air at the end, I had this horrible vision of Xavier catching it and my some miracle shooting a 3 to tie it up and then beating us in OT.

Can I just say though, Duhon has got to be MVP. The boy has bruised ribs, but he's playing with every ounce of his soul. I'm sure being a senior and captain is motivation, but his intensity and drive lately have been amazing.

Oh, and isn't it amusing that the team that so many people said didn't deserve a #1 seed is the only #1 seed still standing? It amuses me, at least.

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited Candygirl ]
Old 03-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Candygirl:
<STRONG>isn't it amusing that the team that so many people said didn't deserve a #1 seed is the only #1 seed still standing? </STRONG>
Funny, so is the team ALL of us thought should've been a #1 over Duke. Excuses can be made, but whatever the they are, Duke beat who they had to beat. Now comes the test.

I hate Xavier, thanks for beating them for me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Duke and UConn matchup should be quite a thrill to watch. I believe that game should have been a championship game, no other teams deserve to play it out for the championship than those two teams, i couldnt have a better set of final four teams. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As much as i was rooting for OSU, I still believe that Jameer Nelson is downright one of the best college b-ball player. I believe he will be snatched up pretty quickly come draft time. I believe it was fitting for him to take the last shot. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Napoleon Dynamite: [referring to Deb's milk] I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
purrfect405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>

Funny, so is the team ALL of us thought should've been a #1 over Duke. Excuses can be made, but whatever the they are, Duke beat who they had to beat. Now comes the test.

I hate Xavier, thanks for beating them for me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Heh, I'll pass along the gratitude. I actually see Shavlik quite often on campus, so maybe I really will [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

I'm actually also pleasantly surprised with Ga Tech's run. My picks worked out with them in the final four, but I wasn't entirely confident. They're a tough team though, so here's hoping they help my bracket out and win again.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

I picked UConn from the beginning to take it all so I am definitely rooting for the Huskies. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My brother has picked OK State so we're hoping to see both our teams win their Final Four games so they'd face each other in the championship game. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Sadly, I haven't been able to watch very many games because I don't get CBS. (Long story... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) But I'm going out of town this weekend till Tuesday morning so I will be able to see the games when I go. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
-Delilah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Sniffles. Oh well. Duke played a good game and they lead for most of it. I'm proud of my boys for getting so far. They had a great season and showed that they deserve the credit they get.

I'm off to weep and scream curses at the refs now. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Ahh, life is good. If only for an hour.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Ahh, life is good. If only for an hour.</STRONG>
Your second most hated team losing only made you happy for an hour? Try to squeeze a little more joy from life. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Did you see Duhon's last shot though? It was a beautiful thing, even if it did nothing for us. Deng was amazing too. My little JJ let me down, but I forgive him, because I lub him.

Now that I'm over the loss (why, oh god, WHYYYYYY? Ahem, mostly over it), I think I have to start rooting for Ga Tech. If UConn wins it all, I have no hopes of bracket winning. Woo, Ga Tech.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, when it gets to this point of the season, i'm not into it anymore, it's more of an after thought. The best part of the tournament is over to me.

Yeah, i saw that shot, i was on the phone and i believe my reaction was "YAY DUKE LOST! WOOOOOO, hey look at that, ugly boy hit a didn't call it bank three, which,.... well,... woulda been nice,...if they weren't down by 4"
Old 04-05-2004, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

And as an after thought, UConn vs Tennessee, again. Should be a nice 12-15pt win for my lady Huskies. Making it a UCOnn sweep.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>And as an after thought, UConn vs Tennessee, again. Should be a nice 12-15pt win for my lady Huskies. Making it a UCOnn sweep.</STRONG>
I can only hope [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well... one down, one to go... men are the national champs!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

Yep, I’m also predicting a daily double for UConn. The Lady Vols are very lucky to be playing for the national championship tomorrow night. They have barely survived a number of times in the Tournament. Tarausi & Co. should be able to take care of business. If so, it would be a first in NCAA history.

Tonight’s game wasn’t very competitive. The final score isn’t a true reflection of just how much UConn dominated this game. If the Huskies had been able to effectively run out the clock and play defense in the closing minutes, Georgia Tech wouldn’t have been able to make a modest comeback with their barrage of three-pointers. Not being able to make their free throws and doing a poor job of executing down low really hurt the Yellow Jackets. Luckily, they will return most of their team next year and be able to make another run at the title.

Emeka Okafor is the MAN!!! Not only is he a great scorer, but his defensive prowess is really what makes his game stand out. He’s single-handedly able to change the course of a game with his shot-blocking ability. I love it! It would be great to see the Bulls land him in the NBA draft. They could use a player of his caliber. If Ben Gordon decides to declare for the draft, I wouldn't mind seeing him as another possible option. Even if these two leave after this year, Connecticut still has a bright future with the likes of Anderson, Boone, Villanueva, etc.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:13 AM
Passionate Fan

To all of you who think the Lady Huskies are the ***** and will blow the Vols out of the water, I have only one thing to say.

If it wasn't for "D", they wouldn't be where they are now.

Tennessee doesn't have a so called "star" and look at what they've accomplished. Hard work, fundamentals, and pure dicipline have brought them back the the championship. Regardless of what everyone thinks...bad call, lucky break...it doesn't matter, they NEVER quit and played twice as hard to stay alive.....with FIVE on the court.

I'll gladly take second place with a group of girls with desire, heart, and just the love to play over one standout with a coach who prides his win-loss percentage over an actual love for the game.

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited SmileyOne ]
Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Bitter much?

It's ok thoguh, i always talk MORE smack after myh team loses too. And yeah, both teams are full of stars, pretty much the only two female teams with whole rosters of stars.

However, going by your statement, your basically saying your FIVE can't beat our ONE. And to think, i didn't think she was that good. Thanks for the compliments [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]