Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`ve got one word for Stanford. OVERRATED! Alabama pulled off a huge comeback win over the Cardinal 70-67. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The Tide couldn`t hit anything at the start of the second half and fell behind by 13. However they wouldn`t give up and eventually the shots begin to fall, which got them on a nice run to take the lead for good. After Bama took the lead, Stanford wasn`t the same. This is another huge win for the Tide and BTW i`m the only one in the FF pool to pick them. I had a good feeling when i was making my picks that Bama would beat Stanford, especially since the Tide has played better teams than the Cardinal. Now it`s on to the Sweet 16 in Phoenix for the Tide, where they`ll next play Syracuse.

Gonzaga got their asses kicked by Nevada. The Wolfpack really outplayed the Dawgs throughout the game and took them out of their game. I`m glad that i didn`t have Gonzaga going to the Final Four like a lot of people. They just didn`t impress me that much toward the end of the season.

BTW Chris and Kathie, i`ve been hearing some rumors that the Bearcats started talking some smack to the Illini after the Illini beat Murray State on Friday. The Bearcats knows that they have to back it up on tomorrow.

[ 03-20-2004: Message edited Hot Rod ]

[ 03-20-2004: Message edited Hot Rod ]
Old 03-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so proud of my Bama. Gottfried worked the team so well this year and I have a good feeling about this year. I'm hoping for Final Four. I don't want to get my hopes up much higher than that. The games have been so tight so far and it's really exciting. I'm really glad they're doing so well. Roll Tide!

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
welcometomyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 10:42 PM
MST Manager

*sighs in relief*

My Orangemen almost gave me a heart attack today! Gah. I can't believe the last minutes of the game. Maryland made a great comeback and gave us a run for our money @ the end. It was a good game. I only say that, though, because 'Cuse advances to the Sweet 16 now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really did not see the 'Bama win coming....i have to admit they were amazing, but I was all for Stanford. Dissapointed, but okay with it. all i have to say is that Childress shouldnt have fouled out. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Stanford: What the hell happened? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Alabama: We kick no 1 Stanford's @$$ !!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Now the no 1 seed I expected to be knocked off was St. Joseph, Texas Tech should have got the job done but they didnt. I dont know why I dont like the Hawks so much...i dont know, maybe its because I believe they are overrated and because of them Oklahoma St got snubbed out of the no 1 seed. but whatever, I hope that Chris Paul and the rest of the Wake Forest squad will be able to do that for me next week. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Napoleon Dynamite: [referring to Deb's milk] I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
purrfect405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

Junk conference?!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Chris, Chris, Chris…your trash talk is almost as sad as your team’s. Are they *that* desperate for a motivational edge that they feel the need to put down the Illini? Just sad. After hearing that Cincy has been talking crap, I hope more than ever that Illinois comes out and hands it to them. I would LOVE to see it happen. The Bearcats aren’t going to be able to coast with their inconsistent play in the first round. Hell, if DePaul could beat them, I see no reason why Illinois can’t! The Illini aren’t intimidated by a group of thugs who bring Bob Huggins’ “stellar” graduation rate to the sum of ZERO. Bwah! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I’ll be watching this game tomorrow. The big boys better come out to play.

Argh! Tough loss for DePaul. They weren’t even in tonight’s contest against Uconn. Man, that was not pretty! I didn’t expect them to win, but I was certainly hoping to watch a more competitive game. Oh, well! The Blue Demons had a nice season. No one expected anything out of them, least of all an NCAA Tournament berth. I just hope Dave Leitao is able to keep this team headed in the right direction. I don’t want this to be the peak season of his coaching tenure at DePaul. This is a starting point. Now it’s time to take the program to the next level.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Rod:
<STRONG>I`ve got one word for Stanford. OVERRATED! </STRONG>
Yep, I’m beginning to agree with you. Stanford hasn’t really impressed me over the past few weeks of the season. There were a few games they should have lost, but were able pull them out with game-winning shots. That luck can only last so long. I’ve got to hand it to Alabama. I didn’t expect them to advance to the Sweet 16. Like Texas and Duke, they have been pretty impressive. It makes the Salukis’ loss that much more hard to swallow. Good luck to the Crimson Tide! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

I bet it was Hicks taling smack, he's worse than Nick and Kenyon.

JC's don't count on our Grad Rate, and neither do those after 5, which all of them have. Plus, those numbers are what, 10 years old? I saw that special. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm not worried.

Talking smack is a sign of confidence. during our record setting 35-2 season, i wasn't. This season, i know we can do it. I hope Illinois practiced against their pathetic football team, cuz they'll need that toughness vs my crew.

Represent. Thug Luv.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Computer was down a few days so couldn't post, but Air Force proved the people on ESPN and everywhere else that they did belong in the NCAA Tourney. Air Force almost beat UNC but just ran out of gas towards the end. Most of the same players come back next season so hopefully they can get back to the tournament.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

13-8 at the moment, i have no clue why Field is on Dee Brown. We just saw why, Dee blew right by him. Then got his **** tossed by J-Max, but he won't always be there, they need to put White back on DoDo Brown.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

well hell, shooting like this they could beat any NBA team. This lucky shooting won't last though.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Boo-yah! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, it looks like the champions of the “junk conference” just whooped Cincy’s butts. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] How sweet it is! This game wasn’t even close. The Bearcats were lucky to stave off a 30-pt. deficit in the end. After all, we had to give our scrubs *some* playing time. It’s only fair. Heh. I loved watching Williams, Brown and Head make the Bearcats look like total chumps on the perimeter. They couldn’t stop those guys anywhere on the court. And Cincinnati’s tough, intimidating frontcourt? I sure as hell didn’t see any evidence of it today. Augustine and Powell had their way inside most of the game. Coach Huggy Bear couldn’t have been too happy with how his team played. It was pretty much embarrassing! That’s what you get for taking out the garbage but not being able to back it up. Serves Cincy right.

Bring on Duke! I’m not expecting Illinois to win this game, but it should (hopefully) be a close one. If the Illini are able to play with the same type of fire and intensity that I saw today, anything is possible.

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>well hell, shooting like this they could beat any NBA team. This lucky shooting won't last though.</STRONG>
It ain’t no luck. 24 of those points came off Cincinnati turnovers. You can’t help but make those shots. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Like I warned you, Deron Williams can light it up from outside. He’s that type of shooter. I’m glad he showed you the light today.

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited Chi159 ]
Old 03-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on the Illini`s win today Kathie. They really put an asswhupping on Cincy. The Bearcats couldn`t do anything to stop them, especially the guards. The Illini are going to need another performance like that against Duke.

Chris i don`t know what to tell ya other than the Bearcats looked pretty bad today. They couldn`t do anything right. Once again it`s another second round flameout for them. What makes this loss worst for the Bearcats is their crosstown rivals, Xavier is going to the Sweet 16 after they beat up Mississippi State.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Syracuse is looking good..again and no Carmelo this time.

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited Carmelo Anthony ]
Old 03-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a huge stunner that UAB pulled off over Kentucky! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I knew that the Blazers would give the Wildcats a fight today, but i didn`t think that they would beat them. The Blazers really jumped on the Cats by befuddled them with their own version of the fast paced "40 Minutes of Hell" and lead by as much as 13. However you knew that the Cats would make a run, which they did in the second half. Even after that the Blazers showed a lot of poise and make the plays they had to make to pull off the upset. Mike Anderson has really done a great job of restoring UAB`s tradition in just two seasons. Their victory over Kentucky is definitely one of their biggest in their 25 year history. Plus it showed that they`re the real #1 team in Conference USA. Sure the Blazers didn`t win the tournament, but they`re the last ones standing unlike their fallen comrades like Cincy, Memphis, DePaul, Charlotte, and Louisville, who got smacked around in their losses. This is definitely a great weekend for basketball in Alabama with the Tide and Blazers in the Sweet 16.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Absolute Fan

If Duke can play like they've played in the last 2 games, Illinois will have their work cut out for them. Hopefully Duhon will have a chance to heal his ribs and JJ can keep his rediscovered hot hand.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

I’m looking forward to Friday night’s contest. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] For the Big 10’s sake, Illinois has to come out and represent.

Wow! Kentucky lost to UAB. And so another No. 1 seed goes down. I’m not surprised that the Wildcats didn’t go far in the tournament, because I thought their senior leadership was a little overrated. But, to be knocked out by a marginal Conf.-USA team? I didn’t see this one coming. Props to Chris for picking this upset.

Vanderbilt advances. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] This is one of the best stories of the Tournament thus far. I’d like to see them advance to the Elite Eight.

Best of all, Wisconsin goes down to Pitt. I despise the Badgers, so I was glad to see them lose. Even more so since the selection committee essentially screwed Pitt over by giving Wisconsin homecourt advantage (the game was played in Milwaukee).