Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

We got our asses kicked. Big time.

Luckily, UAB saved my conferences ass today. I picked UAB, so i'm feeling well about that.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Looks like Yao Ming didn't do so well with his picks:

I can feel the Illini love! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hopefully, he isn't as far off with this pick as he is with the rest of his selections.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Yao Ming should really consider his brackets more....all his final four teams are gone! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] but then again mine is just as bad, with Stanford and Kentucky and Gonzaga not living up to its potential.

Im soooo happy that my school, Oklahoma State, won! what a tight game it was, slow in pace but close one. Im just eager to see them match up against St Joe's, thinking about it just makes me all giddy.....the intensity of both teams will make it one hell of a game. but first St. Joe's need to get past a very intense Wake Forest team. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Napoleon Dynamite: [referring to Deb's milk] I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
purrfect405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

How about Alabama, going to the Elite Eight for the first time ever with a 80-71 win over Syracuse. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] First the #1 seed in the west and then the defending national champs. The bigger they come, the harder the Tide makes them fall. Bama got some good shooting that pretty much forced Syracuse out of their trademark 2-3 zone. I just can`t believe this is finally happening. However the Tide has a much tougher game on Saturday against UConn. They definitely have to bring their A game.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

Congrats, Hot Rod! Alabama is headed to the Elite Eight. SWEET!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I don’t think too many people figured them to get so far this year. Kudos for the turnaround they have made. Still, though, it hurts knowing Southern Illinois was so close to knocking them out. Oh, well! I’ll be rooting for them. I’d LOVE to see them meet up with Illinois in the Final Four. That would be great! But, yeah, you’re right. The Tide have a tough road ahead of them with Saturday’s game against UConn. Keep your fingers crossed for Illinois in tomorrow night’s game versus the Dookies. It should be a close one.

If I had my brackets to do over, I would probably pick Oklahoma St. versus UConn for the national championship. Both teams have looked awfully tough to beat in the Tournament. This is the Huskies’ year to win it. If they can’t bring home the hardware with the duo of Gordon and Okafor, then it‘s never meant to be.

Btw, I’m glad to see Billy Packer have to eat his words about St. Joe’s.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:49 AM
MST Manager

'Bama kicked my Orangemen's ass last night.

Damn.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Woo for my blue devils.

I gotta give it up for Illinois though, they played a really really good game. Early on they were outplaying us and I was a wee scared. Losing to Duke when JJ, and Deng, and Duhon were playing like they were tonight is nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

Tough loss.

What really hurt Illinois in this game was their early foul trouble. With Williams and Augustine on the bench most of the first half, it was difficult to sustain any type of momentum. Couple that with the fact that the Illini (especially Williams) weren’t able to hit a lot of open shots, and it ended up taking its toll. The one major weakness of this team that I was afraid would be exposed in this game was lack of frontcourt depth. Outside of Augustine and Powell, the Illini have no legitimate big guys who can hold their own in the paint. That was painfully obvious tonight. If Illinois is able to bring in some talented post players in the next two years, they will be a serious team to reckon with. The backcourt is in fine shape. They outplayed Duke during many stretches in this game. It was our perimeter defense that hurt us at crucial moments.

Well, it was a good season! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] There’s no reason to hang any heads. I don’t think many people expected Illinois to do as well as they did this year. If the main crew sticks together, 2005 promises to be a great year! I’m already looking forward to it.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

After seeing Xav ier win, i was rooting for Duke, sorry Kathie. It'd be hard for Illinois to beat Xavier, but Duke should blow them out, that's what i want. For all the hatred i have for Duke, it's multiplied by 4million when the topic is Xavier University.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

Well, some bandwagon fan you are! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

One of my friends (Kevin Frey) played for Xavier a few years ago, so I'm rooting for them to do well. Plus, the fact that Duke just took out Illinois is more incentive for me to hope the Cinderella story continues. Let's go Muskateers! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

I remember that bastard.

My hatred dims once they go pro, as i love Dwyane Wade and I think David West will be good, and i have Brian Grant on my FFFBL.

Not saying Wade was a punk Xman, but was at Marquette, another hard rival.

NFL, however, all ND's need to go swimming with Jellyfish.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Hey, now! Let's not get hostile. You're talking about my boy. Don't be hatin' because he punked your crew every year. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well the good run has come to an end for Alabama. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] The Tide couldn`t get the good shooting that they had against Syracuse, got into some foul(mainly because of some questionable calls), and had no answer for Rashad Anderson and Ben Gordon, who accounted for 64 of the Huskies` 87 points. UConn really showed that they`re the best team in the tournament. Even with the loss, that doesn`t take away from Alabama`s great run. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] I`m very proud of them. They have done much better than a lot of people expected and finally broke through beyone the Sweet 16, which even the Tide`s best teams during the Wimp Sanderson era couldn`t do. They`ll have a lot of the players returning next season and has some good ones coming in, including Ronald Steele, who`s one of the best high school players in Alabama. Alabama is definitely a team to watch in 2005.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

whoo! did anyone felt the thrill of the OSU/St.Joe game? it was exciting and damn well deserving. John Lucas and his clutch 3-pointer will be one of the classics in college basketball and the biggest shot he will ever make in his career. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I'm so happy that my Cowboys won, im proud to be a student in that school. After the game we went out to celebrate and you could hear cheers and honking throughout stillwater and especially on campus where emotions were high and where you'll find frat boys running around the streets in their skivvies. the town came together in celebration and it was beautiful, it's been too long and now we're heading for san antonio. [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]

Eddie Sutton, John Lucas, Tony Allen, Joey Graham and the rest of the OKState squad have made me be a happy girl tonight! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

Napoleon Dynamite: [referring to Deb's milk] I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
purrfect405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

Congrats on the win! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That was an awesome finish. Just when it looked like time had expired on OSU’s season, John Lucas comes through with the clutch three-pointer. It looks like he’s taking after his old man. That has got to be an incredible feeling! It was cool to see some past OSU players at the game, especially Bryant Reeves. I still remember watching the Final Four run they made in ‘95. Those were good times. I kind of feel sorry for St. Joe’s, since everyone doubted them all year. To lose on a last-second shot? That’s really tough! I’m still going with my revised pick of OSU vs. UConn for the national championship. If that pans out, it should be an exciting game!

Sorry about Alabama’s loss, Hot Rod! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] You’re right, not too many people expected the Crimson Tide to get this far. They had a great finish to the season. Unfortunately, they ran into a VERY tough team that is stacked at every position. Especially down low. It didn't help matters that Gordon and Anderson were on fire today. If Bama develops a more run-oriented attack by next season, and works on establishing their post play, they will have a chance to repeat this year’s success. Or perhaps even go farther. No matter what, it was a great season. They have no reason to hang their heads. This team made history this year. Hopefully, they can do it again next season!