Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

It's all relative, you got that right. Risk sucks. You'd be a cheap GM!

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

No i wouldn't. Each year i'd pimp off the nest FA pitcher. I'd have a stud pitching staff. Then i'd have a Vlad in the outfirld and gold gloves all over the infield.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Ivan Calderon was killed in his native Puerto Rico last night. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Let's all bow our heads in a moment of silence.

Ivan was the man with the White Sox.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, so sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>You'd be a cheap GM!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
i heart giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Total Fan

I'd just like to thank the Giants for doing absolutely nothing to improve themselves at all. I have great confidence they shall overcome all obstacles to win the West again next year. Fear us, we have Neifi Perez at shortstop!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Tigers making a push, just signed Jason Johnson from Baltimore. He's a talented young pitcher who'll probably be traded midseason to a contender.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neon x Stars:
<STRONG>Fear us, we have Neifi Perez at shortstop!!!</STRONG>
Let's start the "Neifi for MVP" campaign! A-Rod, Nomar, Tejada, Vizquel? Pfft!!! Neifi's the man. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, though...I have to wonder what Sabean is doing. This schtick can only work for so long. He can't expect the Giants to challenge with only Bonds and a supporting cast of average players. It worked for the most part last year. Maybe he thinks the same will happen this season. Either that, or San Francisco has really gone the cheap route.

Fortunately, the Giants play in a division where the competition usually tanks, so they are always in it.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>No i wouldn't. Each year i'd pimp off the nest FA pitcher. I'd have a stud pitching staff. Then i'd have a Vlad in the outfirld and gold gloves all over the infield.</STRONG>
Sounds like someone I know... Oh yeah! Steinbrenner! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, happy new year everyone. I know its way early, its 12:45am here so another 11 hours to go. Still, great 2004 to you all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Happy New Year to you, too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The biggest FA acquisition made recently was David Wells joining the San Diego Padres. And so another former Yankees starting pitcher bites the dust. With this signing, it's unlikely Greg Maddux will finish his career with his hometown team. Now, if he'd just lower his asking price a little and sign with the Cubs, things will be ALL good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Boomer, Boomer... lol Well, I hope he gets a happy ending in San Diego. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

How about that Pete Rose? Finally got tired...after 14 years!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

What a surprise!

*Insert sarcasm*

It was only a matter of time before the truth about Pete Rose came out. I’m just surprised that he finally gave up his act and admitted what was obvious all along. If this is some cheap ploy to get entry into the HOF, then he should have been honest to begin with. He had a lot of people buying into his crap all these years, so I don’t blame them for feeling betrayed.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>Now, if he'd just lower his asking price a little and sign with the Cubs, things will be ALL good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You want everyone to be a Cub. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hey, I'll take Mark Prior! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

That’s right! Well, only quality players, that is. I don’t want the typical junk that the Tribune Co. passed off as a competitive team in the past. This is the first time in many Cubs fans lifetime that the organization is actually making an attempt to field a winner. You have no idea how significant that is. This, like, never happens.

And, to come so close in the NLCS! 5 freakin’ outs away. Sigh. That really hurt. We can’t let that be the highlight of our fandom. No way.

I loved Greg Maddux when he came up through the Cubs' farm system and hated to see him leave. So, it would be nice to see him finish his career where he always belonged.

We’re so close, we can taste it. 95 years and counting...

Mark Prior? He’s going to remain a Cub for life, baby! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi159:
<STRONG>Mark Prior? He’s going to remain a Cub for life, baby!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I hope he is for your sake. I thought Javy would be a Brave for his whole career but whatever, of course not. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] Broke my heart when they didn't offer him anything.

I heart Mark though. He's one of my faves. How couldn't he be? The guy can pitch. I didn't start liking him though until the NLDS. Thats when I got to see how great he was. To be honest, before that, I was kinda bitter. cuz when I thought of Mark Prior all I thought of was the Giles/Prior collision.. haha, but everyone knows that was a mistake. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread