Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no. The Braves signed Antonio Alfonsucka. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I know the Braves need some help in the bullpen, but i don`t know about Alfonsucka. He looked terrible most of the time he was on the mound last season. I`m sure the Cubs are glad to see him go. Hopefully he`ll be able to show some improvement in the upcoming season. Otherwise i would be very pissed off if he starts sucking again.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry Rod.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry Rod.</STRONG>
Ha Ha very funny Chris. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] BTW are they are ever going to get this A-Rod deal done? I was following it, but got tired of hearing about after a while. Still A-Rod would make the Red Sox even more dangerous.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>I think he will be good after this great year, lets see.
i heart giles yeah! Boston, Yanks and Os going at it in 2004 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I agree with ya. There's a good chance the year before last was just a slump year opposed to last season being a one-time thing. Maybe he won't hit 40+ homers again but I think he'll produce. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
And BoSox, Yanks, and Balt.. I'm lookin' forward to this. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Is AL east playin' NL east in interleague play this year? I think they are...
I'm hoping Rockin' Leo can do something with 'Alfonsucka' as you called him, Rod. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I agree with you. He's not that great but we'll see. I can only be optimistic. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited i heart giles ]
i heart giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Kent Mercker and Todd Walker are the newest additions to the Cubs. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I like both deals. Mercker had a great year in Atlanta’s bullpen last season. The Cubs really needed to solidify their relief staff in the off-season, and I believe Hendry has done an excellent job. Mercker will provide some nice middle relief along with Remlinger and Farnsworth. And then Hawkins and Borowski will close things out. MUCH better than the crap Alfonsucka, Veres and Guthrie gave us last year. As for the signing of Walker, WTF?!!! I didn’t see that one coming. Not at all. He had one of his best seasons last year. And the Cubs got him on the cheap-- one year, $1.75 mil. SWEET!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I’ll be interested to see what happens between him and Grudz, but that’s some serious depth at 2B.

I love this quote by Walker:

"I passed up a few starting jobs to put myself in this position," Walker said. "I want to play for a team that had a chance to win the World Series, you can only say a handful of teams have that opportunity and the Cubs are one of them."

"I understand the pain and everything the Cubs went through because the Red Sox went through the same thing, so we have some unfinished business," Walker said.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Rod:
<STRONG>Oh no. The Braves signed Antonio Alfonsucka. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Using my trademark nickname, I see. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But, hell YEAH!!! I’m definitely glad to see six-finger Alf leave town. He can now go down to Atlanta and constantly blow games. That’s what he is good for. Seriously, there was a three-month stretch last season in which Alfie got shelled everytime he took the mound. I doubt that will change. Good luck with him! You know how much I bitched about him.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Forgot to comment on the O’s latest signing of Javy Lopez…

It’s nice to see Baltimore finally go out and put some quality talent on the field, but they are still far away from seriously competing in the AL East. Tejada and Lopez will help lead a resurgent offense. That’s a step in the right direction. Now they need to improve their pitching from top to bottom. Until that happens, these signings won’t mean anything.

*Still waiting for Pudge to lower his asking price and become the next Chicago Cub*
Old 12-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Pudge is soooo overrated! He thinks he's all that.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Pudge is soooo overrated! He thinks he's all that.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
Pudge is good. I wouldn't say overrated, maybe too much spotlight? He did win the WS MVP though.. in a few months, it'll ware off. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited i heart giles ]
Old 12-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Pudge is soooo overrated! He thinks he's all that.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
heh says te girl who wishes her team had him.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

heh says te girl who wishes her team had him.</STRONG>
Wha? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] When did I say that?!

I love Pudge, (and Javy) my fellow countrymen (actually, that's the only reason I like Pudge) and I'm quite happy he won it all BUT, I wouldn't trade Posada for anyone!

i heart giles lol well, he's always been high on himself. With a ring now its like he's on top of the world, or so he thinks.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not a fan of Posada at all. I think his nose is bigger than Nomars, if that is possible. As far as catchers go, i'e qalways liked Charles Johnson.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I'm not a fan of Posada at all. I think his nose is bigger than Nomars, if that is possible. As far as catchers go, i'e qalways liked Charles Johnson.</STRONG>
Heh! I still love Posada [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>lol well, he's always been high on himself. With a ring now its like he's on top of the world, or so he thinks.</STRONG>
really? I don't know. I don't watch him enough to know his personality, just know he's a decent ballplayer.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by i heart giles:
<STRONG>

really? I don't know. I don't watch him enough to know his personality, just know he's a decent ballplayer.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] He is a decent player, one of the best if not *the* best catcher out there.

He has a killer throw to second and he's fast getting passed balls as well as having a great bat. Can't go wrong with him, but he's so pricey and these are strange times in baseball land.

I can't wait to see if he actually ends up wearing Chicago Cubs jerseys!
Old 12-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Depends on the structure of your team. If your a Boston or NY with bats all over, you can go with a guy that is a monster behind the plate, yet lacking at it. I personally don't want all around players, like I'd hate having ARod, just cuz i'd piss myself everytime I saw him dive for a ground ball or some ugly punk barreling under him as he jumps to make a double play. I'd prefer Rey Ordonez at short, someone like Charlie O'Brien at catcher over say Alex or Piazza. Only if I had a thug in the outfield like Vlady or Manny.