Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

That sucks, maita. I bitch about my coverage (4 ESPNs, not a one of them this ClassicESPN that is showing parts of DC), but at least sometimes I get to see it (like tonight, because both rubbers are, at this point, live, ESPN2 is showing the taped versions of them at 11).

The Bryans lost. They had never lost even a set in DC since they started playing it and they lost their match yesterday.

Now all the pressure is on Andy again, to step up again, to beat Ljubicic -- who is playing the best tennis of his life right now -- just to push it to a deciding fifth rubber, where Andre -- who is almost unarguably playing the worst tennis since his 'comeback' -- has to beat Ancic. Yech. Probably not going to happen.

That said, it could be a big confidence booster for Andy to step up today and win and set the tone for Andre to do the same because he does place a huge amount of importance on DC. On the other hand, it could be a big confidence destroyer if he loses a deciding rubber that gets the U.S. bounced in the first round, because he does plaace a huge amount of importance on DC. ::sighs:: Dang.

ETA: And now to make me feel better, my new most favouritist picture ever, featuring Dean Goldfine's son:

Last edited by Unfamous Loser; 03-06-2005 at 12:19 PM
Old 03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

That picture is so adorable.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

He lost.

He fought and fought damn hard... but then choked in the fifth. He's got to get himself 'fixed' mentally. It's not physical. You can tell he's improved his game, but the mental stuff in big matches is. just. not. there. right now. Take him to a sports psych. Do something, because he is improving what he needed to and that shouldn't be wasted.

::sighs:: If there's a positive side to losing, with no DC for quite a bit, Andy's got a lot more energy and time to spend on the slams and TMS now. If he puts in all the same effort and passion for those that he has for DC, he'll get over this block.

Now because I need more happy in my life after wasting three hours sitting at my computer watching a ghetto web stream of a depressing as hell tennis match, another picture featuring his coach's son:

Last edited by Unfamous Loser; 03-06-2005 at 07:24 PM
Old 03-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Yay for the win! And I'm so glad I read this, because the match just started airing 20 minutes ago on ESPN2, and I wasn't going to watch it, cuz I wasn't sure if he was playing or not, but yay that I won't miss it now!

Sorry for those of you who did miss it
Old 03-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Andy is going to be on Jay Leno tonight.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi everyone

I just read that he lost... actually, I just got home from Vienna (which btw was so great!)... anyhow, I feel so sorry for Andy and the whole US team It's so depressing that Andy couldn't pull it in the end!

This picture pretty much sums up my feelings:

Quote:
::sighs:: If there's a positive side to losing, with no DC for quite a bit, Andy's got a lot more energy and time to spend on the slams and TMS now. If he puts in all the same effort and passion for those that he has for DC, he'll get over this block.
Oh, I really hope so because I heard that he might not be playing in Hemburg this year which is even MORE depressing since I already got tickets... well, at least I get to see Marat and Tommy (not that any of them could ever replace Andy)... I just hope that Andy's gonna change his mind and come to play in Hamburg after all *sigh*

Bianca I'm with your icon! It's really cute!

I also made an icon with that pic but it's by far not as cute as yours anyhow, here they are:
Old 03-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Glad Vienna was good.

Where did you hear that Andy might not be playing Hamburg? It's a TMS; unless he's hurt, he's required to play or he gets fined. I mean, he might get bumped off in the first round (not that he should strive for that, mind you), but he needs to get his butt over there. Grrrr.

Clip of Andy's appearance on Leno.

Screen caps of Andy's appearance on Leno.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Glad Vienna was good.
yeah, it was so great to have some days so that you can get your mind off of certain (class-related) things

Quote:
Where did you hear that Andy might not be playing Hamburg? It's a TMS; unless he's hurt, he's required to play or he gets fined. I mean, he might get bumped off in the first round (not that he should strive for that, mind you), but he needs to get his butt over there. Grrrr.
Someone over at the German Andy Roddick boards said that he might not be coming to Hamburg. I asked him why he was telling such things and he was like “well, some players don’t really stick to these rules anymore” Well, he might be right all along because there hasn’t been a confirmation of Andy on the Hamburg website so far. The only two players who have confirmed their appearance are Marat Safin and Tommy Haas. Federer will be there, too, because he has a title to defend and I highly doubt that he will leave such an oppurtunity

Well, so what if he gets bumped off in the first round? At least I get to see him then I really want him to come to Hamburg… we got such good seats

Anyhow, thank you so much for the clips (& the caps)… I still have to do with my dial-up modem here but hey… what are 43 minutes when I get to see Andy I wish we could get JAY LENO over here *meh*
but, um ...

"love your hustle"?

Oh, um… sorry to annoy you again about this but have you managed to get the AMEX clip(s) again? I’m just asking… because I finally found the first (?) AMEX clip (the one with the towel)…. I hadn’t seen or even heard of that clip before and it seriously cracked me up… it still makes me chuckle when I think about it

Last edited by Jebony; 03-08-2005 at 08:07 AM
Old 03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I really want him to go to Hamburg too. Not only so you can see him up close, but because he needs to play TMS tournaments, no excuses (save for injuries). Especially now that DC isn't going to be a priority till September at the earliest. Especially, especially if he doesn't defend his points in IW or Miami.

And I actually still have the post-it stuck to the side of my home monitor about your clip, but none of the tourneys that have been on here recently have been sponsored by AMEX, so I haven't seen it.

I do have another small clip though that I forgot to post in my other post: Andy was #87 on VH1's Best Bodies
Old 03-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfamous Loser
I really want him to go to Hamburg too. Not only so you can see him up close, but because he needs to play TMS tournaments, no excuses (save for injuries). Especially now that DC isn't going to be a priority till September at the earliest. Especially, especially if he doesn't defend his points in IW or Miami.
I know what you mean. I really wish that this year's going to be good for Andy since last year wasn't -let's say- his best So, *yay* for Hamburg! I only hope that he's gonna win at least three matches because I don't think he's made it to the QF at Hamburg so far

Quote:
And I actually still have the post-it stuck to the side of my home monitor about your clip, but none of the tourneys that have been on here recently have been sponsored by AMEX, so I haven't seen it.

I do have another small clip though that I forgot to post in my other post: Andy was #87 on VH1's Best Bodies
Oh, that's good to know and thanks again! Also thanks for the other clip That made my day... uh, night!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you so much for those clips! They were wonderful!

I put off all my school assignments until 12:30 to watch that match... gah. It was a bit tedious, but I'm just glad he was playing well. He may not have won, but he certainly didn't suck
Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love the new avies Jebony. I snagged some
Old 03-09-2005, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophist
Thank you so much for those clips! They were wonderful!

I put off all my school assignments until 12:30 to watch that match... gah. It was a bit tedious, but I'm just glad he was playing well. He may not have won, but he certainly didn't suck
It's good to hear more postive opinions on the match over here because over at some German sports boards it's just upsetting to read bad comments on Andy's "crappy/sucky" playing this year
I didn't see him play but I'm sure that he did not suck at this... just look at the results He tried everything but well, this Ljubicic (sp?) guy was just better this time *shrugs*

Oh, good news on Hamburg (I think!)... they've introduced this year's posters and there's a single one of Andy
click for Andy
&
click for all posters
--> I'm happy for now

Last edited by Jebony; 03-09-2005 at 06:24 AM
Old 03-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

He definitely played well enough that he shoud have won the Ljubicic match, but he mentally folded again in the end and I think that's why a lot of people are disappointed/worried right now.

He's sosososo much better technically and fitness wise this year than he was even last year that if Dean Goldfine wasn't already married with cute babies, I'd seriously offer myself up. His backhand is 3029830 times better, his return is improving a little, he can move... yet it's become a pattern for almost a year now, where every time he's in a situation that he's putting a lot of pressure on himself to step up (Olympics, USO, Houston, AO, DC), his head explodes and his confidence/fight/strategy leave him at the most inopportune time. He needs to do something to fix it or get it together, otherwise he's going to just keep disappointing himself and not getting down what he deserves to (I don't care about disappointing me. As I've said before I'm a Henman fan. I'm down with the choking already, no prob.) ::sighs:: I wish there was some way to time travel back to the summer of 2003, take the mental outlook from that Andy Roddick and bring it back and shove it into the head of the one we have now.

Anyway, I'm stepping back in as determiner of fate though, since me taking DC and Memphis off didn't really work out well. Andy's making at least the QF in IW and defending his points here. Yep.

Draw for the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells
Old 03-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
He definitely played well enough that he shoud have won the Ljubicic match, but he mentally folded again in the end and I think that's why a lot of people are disappointed/worried right now.

As I've said before I'm a Henman fan. I'm down with the choking already, no prob.) ::sighs:: I wish there was some way to time travel back to the summer of 2003, take the mental outlook from that Andy Roddick and bring it back and shove it into the head of the one we have now.

Anyway, I'm stepping back in as determiner of fate though, since me taking DC and Memphis off didn't really work out well. Andy's making at least the QF in IW and defending his points here. Yep.

Draw for the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells
All the mental stuff starts to really annoy me here I only hope that he can get over that SOON!

Henman, huh? I suppose I overlooked that post , sorry! But to offer some compassion: it was the same with Tommy Haas last year (and the year before), so I guess I'm "down withe the choking already", too

I think it's just a matter of time till we get to see REAL Roddick tennis again... so, what if he has issues to work out? He will be back and eventhough his last matches (or the results, that is) have been somewhat upsetting I'm not (have never been) disappointed in Andy or anything like that - I just know that he'll be back in time [ok, sorry if I sounded like a complete moron... my English's not that good today *meh* I think I've talked too much French today ]

I've read the main draw for IW and I think he'll make it to the QF!

Btw: Do you think he got the easiest draw? Some people over at the German boards have been complaining about that all day now Well, most of them are fans of Roger or Tommy anyways but still... *gah*
Closed Thread   Post New Thread