Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you for doing that!

I really liked those pics They're so cute... sad but still cute. Such things always get to me pretty heavily since a friend of mine died of cancer when I was 10.

Well, thanks again!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much. The pictures are great.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi guys! I'm back home.

Too bad Andy got injured.. but it was a good decision for him to widthraw rather than be out in much bigger tourneys.
Those pics are really cute! Kinda heavy for me too. My sister's got leukemia and she's undergone chemotherapy and it wasn't very nice. She's recovering now though. Her treatment's reduced to once every month and she's back in school. She still has 15 more treatment sessions to go but I'm thankful she's recovering well.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maita
Hi guys! I'm back home.

Too bad Andy got injured.. but it was a good decision for him to widthraw rather than be out in much bigger tourneys.
Those pics are really cute! Kinda heavy for me too. My sister's got leukemia and she's undergone chemotherapy and it wasn't very nice. She's recovering now though. Her treatment's reduced to once every month and she's back in school. She still has 15 more treatment sessions to go but I'm thankful she's recovering well.
You're back How was your trip?

Yeah, Andy's decision was definitely justified and it was the right one. I honestly do hope that he's better now to play on Monday... any news on that one?

I'm sorry to hear about your sister but it's great that she's recovering and I hope that she'll be all fine soon again

Btw: You know what I just noticed? We're all using the Andy avies I made
--
I found new quotes and an entire interview (which I thought was incredibly funny!):

Quote:
"Is that the longest fifth set ever? It was? So, no, I've never played one longer than that!"
Quote:
"I don't want to live and die with every point that's being played out there now. I'm going to let my coach live and die with every point."
Quote:
"Close? Of course it was close. Thank you, Captain Obvious. Thanks very much." (Andy Roddick, when Gerry Armstrong refused to overrule a call)
Quote:
"I threw the kitchen sink at him but he went to the bathroom and got his tub." (Andy Roddick on losing the 2004 Wimbledon final to Roger Federer)
Quote:
"Umpiring, the only job in the world where you can screw up on a daily basis and still have one!"
Quote:
EDITOR'S NOTE: On occasion, we all need help. But where to turn? Fortunately, Rachel Nichols is here to bring us the special kind of advice that only the world's greatest athletes can dole out. Whether to take it or not ... well, that's up to you. This, then, is the first in a regular series of Rachel's reports, which we'll call 'Ill-Advised.' Today's expert: Andy Roddick, U.S. Open champion.
RACHEL: So this is it. You're about to advise America. What's the best advice you've ever gotten, anyway?
ANDY: Someone told me to never comment on a girl's pants, ever. And they were right.
RACHEL: Even if she asks?
ANDY: No-win situation. "How do these pants look?" If you say "good," she's like, "just good? Not great?" And if they look like crap, then really never answer. Here are the things I've learned: She says, "Do you like these shoes?" You say yes. "Do I look fat?" No. Everything else, don't answer.
RACHEL: Smart man. Okay, I feel like Casey Kasem here. Our first question is from Rob Hochberg of Waltham, Mass. He writes, "As a man coming up in the world, I feel I need an entourage. What do you think my selection criteria should be?"
ANDY: Women. Lots of women. No, you don't need an entourage. Just an Earth, Wind and Fire album and a Little League chest protector. Seriously. Those will keep any man company.
RACHEL: I want a stenographer in my entourage. I want someone taking notes all the time so I can go back and prove I was right in an argument or something. And I want a money-handler. You want someone else to carry the money just so you can say, "Pay the man, James."
ANDY: You want someone else to carry the money so you never have to pick up a check.
RACHEL: I'm not buying you dinner here, you've noticed. So what about you? Personal assistant? Staff photographer?
ANDY: No. I think if you're a regular person, you just get a friend to follow you around with one of those big cameras and take a bunch of pictures of you in a restaurant or something. When people want to know what's up, you tell them you're the new star of a big reality show, they must just not have seen it yet. Boom. Done. Girls all over you, and then you have an entourage in no time.
RACHEL: Nice. Then someone can make a reality television show out of you faking being on a reality television show. Okay, our next question is from Danny Miller of Omaha, Nebraska.
ANDY: Move. That's my advice.
RACHEL: That's it, we've just lost Omaha. Omaha's angry. And you're a Nebraska boy, too.
ANDY: Wonderful people in Omaha.
RACHEL: Okay, here's Danny's question, if he even wants your advice anymore: "After Little League, I say 'Good game, good game,' to the other team as we go by shaking hands, but I don't mean it. Is that wrong?"
ANDY: Well, you can't really go, "You suck, you suck, you suck."
RACHEL: So what do you do when you play someone you don't like and you have to shake his hand at the net?
ANDY: You just kind of give them a nod. They know. You know. They know that you know.
RACHEL: Maybe you guys should thumb-wrestle up there or something. Or if you've already won, you should get to kiss his girlfriend. Speaking of, this next one is from one of your female fans.
ANDY: I like female fans.
RACHEL: Well, this is about her boyfriend. But maybe she'll dump him for you.
ANDY: Like that's happened. (clears throat)
RACHEL: No, never. Not at all. Okay, Kim Rockland of Naples, Fla., asks, "My boyfriend is cute, sweet and smart, but he's not interested in sports. I can't shake the feeling I could do better -- am I being too shallow?"
ANDY: Kim, you must ask yourself these questions: Does he like shopping? Does he spend more time getting ready than you do? If the answers are yes, you have to start asking a whole lot of other questions.
RACHEL: Have you had girlfriends who don't like sports?
ANDY: If they don't know a lot about sports, they at least have to put up with me watching them.

RACHEL: What are you watching?
ANDY: "SportsCenter," at least. My morning is that we're going to have coffee, we're going to have food, we're going to watch "SportsCenter" and I'm going to read the paper, and we're not going to talk a lot for an hour after I get up.
RACHEL: So Kim should get the same deal. She should dump this guy?
ANDY: Absolutely. Dump him. She needs someone who eats steak and watches football. Next.
RACHEL: Okay, from Noah Jienkops, in Santa Monica, Calif. "I want to play soccer but my dad says team sports are a communist menace, and I should only play individual sports where a guy can get ahead on his own merit. Who do you think is right?"
ANDY: Well, I agree with the getting ahead on his own merit, but I think he's getting a little too emotional about team sports.
RACHEL: Just a little bit. But do you ever wish you were on a team? If you played something else, what would you play?
ANDY: Well, I get a little bit of that with Davis Cup. But if I didn't play tennis, it would be baseball or basketball. I was better at baseball than I was at tennis growing up. But then we moved and I didn't want to start on a new team, so I just played tennis.
RACHEL: So you agree, team sports are communist. Are you saying that if you weren't so prejudiced against other forms of political theory, you'd be a major league baseball player right now?
ANDY: I don't know. I've always wondered.
RACHEL: So what's the best piece of advice you like to give out?
ANDY: Wear clean socks. That's all I've got.

Last edited by Jebony; 02-24-2005 at 08:51 AM
Old 02-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

That interview...
Old 02-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

That interview was hilarious. Those are some of my favorite quotes, I think I'm gonna use one in my sig. Thanks for posting it.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfamous Loser
That interview...
you know, I hadn't known of this one before and while I was reading it I was just like "no, he did not just say that" or "omg... who sells these quotes to him?!"
Andy's like the funniest tennis player around Seriously, I can't remember any other player's quotes that were THIS funny

Anyhow... I made new icons:

Oh, also: roddickonline.com updated the image gallery and well...

Must've been a horrible match for Andy! Did anyone watch it? I didn't... well, I would've probably cried my eyes out or something yeah, I'm very very sensitive/emotional when it comes to my favorite tennis players...
Old 02-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

More cool icons.

I think I remember that FO match, but only vaguely, as I wasn't a huge Andy fan at the time. I felt bad for him though; IIRC, the injury looked worse than what it was.

Unfortunate fashion then too. Very unfortunate.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebony
You're back How was your trip?
My trip was really fun! Shopping was and meeting up with my high school friends was great too

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your sister but it's great that she's recovering and I hope that she'll be all fine soon again
Thanks I hope she will too.

Quote:
Btw: You know what I just noticed? We're all using the Andy avies I made
Yes, we are. You make the coolest avies!

And that interview
Old 02-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love the new avies Jebony.
I wasn't really a tennis fan then so I never saw that match, I'm glad I didn't I would have been so sad if I saw him hurt.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks to you for your feedback

Quote:
Unfortunate fashion then too. Very unfortunate.
You are so mean, you know that?

Soo? Are there any news? Anything on the Davis Cup maybe?
Old 02-26-2005, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

ESPN is only showing the first match of DC on both Friday and Saturday... which means both Andy and Andre will not have one of their matches shown here. Geebus.

Quote:
You are so mean, you know that?
I know, but you have to admit that was an unfortunate time period in Andy-On-Court-Fashion. I mean, just look at the shoes!

Or better yet, don't look at the shoes for the sake of your corneas.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know, but you have to admit that was an unfortunate time period in Andy-On-Court-Fashion. I mean, just look at the shoes!

Those shoes are horrible.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
ESPN is only showing the first match of DC on both Friday and Saturday... which means both Andy and Andre will not have one of their matches shown here. Geebus.

Oh well, at least they show one match! Who's going to play the first match anyway? Blake? Fish? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the US DC team (I only know that Andy and Andre are on it...).

Okay, I will ignore the shoes they're really horrible!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

DC ties are three days. On the first day, the two single players each play a match, on the second day, the doubles team plays their match, and, on the third day, the two singles players each play a match against the opposing team's singles player that they didn't play on the first day.

So like Andy will play LjuIcan'tspellit on Friday and Andre will play Ancic after, then the Bryans will play whoever is playing doubles for Croatia (probably LjuIcan'tspellit and Ancic) on Saturday, and then on Sunday, Andre will play LjuIcan'tspellit and Andy will play Ancic. ESPN(2) is only showing the first singles match played on Friday and one of the singles matches played on Sunday because, apparently, a couple extra hours of live tennis (with one of the two Americans, who they always crawl over themselves to show above others, no less) might interfere with like maybe a rerun of that insipid Tilt show and they can't have that.

Anyway, Blake, Mardy, Spadea, Ginepri and Dent aren't technically on the team this tie (only four players), but I'm fairly sure James and/or Mardy will probably show up for moral support.

Quote:
Those shoes are horrible.
I suppose to give dap where dap is owed, they are quite... fitting when sported with the nice Catholic pre-school boy look the actual outfit has though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread