Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Snagging some icons, Jebony Now... which one to use first... hmmm...
Old 03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Who's that in your current av, Philophist?

We have a new picture, from the DC Press Conference yesterday.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I can't see the pic
Old 03-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Firstly: thanks for your feedback

Secondly: Well, I'm sorry you can't see the pic maita, it works fine for me

Thirdly: I'm a little pissed and annoyed - explanation: I went to read some posts at other forums (both, German and English Andy/tennis forums) and I was so mad at some people there because they just don't seem to get that people and hell, even tennis players all have different personalities but these poeple just keep on bashing certain players (including Andy, Marat, Tommy, Roger) and I was just so angry reading all the crap there, like "Oh, Andy's like the most conceited person I've ever met" or "How come Tommy is such an a**hole" or "I wish Federer was dead and buried" God! I'm not a fan of Roger either but wishing him dead?! That's just so mean and disgusting *gah*

Sorry, maybe it's the bad mood I've been in all day but I just needed to get that off my chest! Okay, I feel a little better now...
Old 03-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Unfamous Loser - The people in my current av are Majandra Delfino and Emilie de Ravin, who used to star on Roswell together

Thanks for sharing the pic Sorry you can't see it, maita, maybe if you try again later?

Ah, I understand, Jebony. Don't feel bad about ranting. It's pretty amusing when people get that rude and annoying, because to me it's quite pathetic. I mean, they really can't judge them or wish them dead when they don't even know them
Old 03-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

That picture is great. Andy looks hot
Old 03-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophist
Ah, I understand, Jebony. Don't feel bad about ranting. It's pretty amusing when people get that rude and annoying, because to me it's quite pathetic. I mean, they really can't judge them or wish them dead when they don't even know them
yeah, it's really pathetic and so dumb and immature to judge people by such few moments. I mean, everybody has a bad day sometimes - that doesn't necessarily mean that he/she is like that all the time, right? So, even if Andy or Tommy ignored me or something, I would never be mad at them
This is so stupid

--

*sigh* I just read that a German channel will broadcast one DC match... presumably the one with either Haas or Kiefer Yeah, I'm somewhat disappointed because a few years back they showed so many DC matches (not only the ones of the German team) but nowadays... it's just so upsetting! I wish I could watch the other matches, too

Um, so:
GO TEAM USA

Last edited by Jebony; 03-03-2005 at 01:00 PM
Old 03-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Andy plays the second match tomorrow, so it won't be on ESPN2. ESPN Classic is showing it taped later... but of the three ESPNs I have and the fourth one I'm getting soon, ESPN Classic is not one of them. Bah.

More pictures from the DC Press Thingy:

Click.

Quote:
The people in my current av are Majandra Delfino and Emilie de Ravin, who used to star on Roswell together
Ahhh, I thought one of them looked like Emilie, but I couldn't tell. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Oooh, I saw the pic now. He does look cute.

Jeb Ranting's a great way to release so..

I just had a long sucky day. Glad it's over. FF makes my day a bit brighter.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new pics They're gorgeous! .... but what's the deal with Andy's feet? No shoes?! This guy is so weird....

maita sorry to hear about your sucky day... well, TGIF I hope you enjoy your weekend then I hope mine's gonna be great since my boyfriend and I will leave for Vienna tonight (by train ) and we'll be back on Monday or Tuesday, so excuse me for doing a little *happy dance* now

I'm watching the first match of Germany vs. South Africa right now and so far it looks rather dull for us I only hope that the US Team is going to play better tennis
Old 03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

So far this lovely DC day, I watched Andre lose his first rubber in straight sets and, thanks to the lovely live scoring thing on the DC site, I also know that Andy got broke on his very first game AND that he just blew three break points on Ancic's serve.

Grrrr, Andy. Now's not the time to suck.

Last edited by Unfamous Loser; 03-04-2005 at 05:10 PM
Old 03-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG!!!! I cried after the match today. Seriously

I was hoping after the sucky playing in Australia he'd be back on his game, but, it was a little disappointing...

I hope he'll be back to himself sometime soon. This is getting depressing
Old 03-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't cry, but I felt flat out terrible.

This was a big deal for Andre to comeback to DC and he must feel like he let everyone down after a match that horrible... I just hope he wins his next rubber on Sunday and that it doesn't at all deter him from playing in future ties this year (assuming they beat Croatia). Even a quarter of an Andre Agassi is more of a threat out there than a full Fish or Blake or Dent or Spadea.

Andy! though... our boy actually has mental toughness again! He was apparently terrible the first set, but got his head on straight and then went on to take his match against Ancic in four sets in a crucial rubber. Kickass job, Andy!

ETA:

Last edited by Unfamous Loser; 03-05-2005 at 06:08 AM
Old 03-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so glad Andy won. I hope he does well in his next match.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Passionate Fan

DAVIS CUP: Roddick win brings USA level with Croatia
source

/noticias.info/ When Croatia won the first four sets of this first round World Group tie at The Home Depot Center under blustery California skies, there was nothing left for Andy Roddick to do but buckle down, handle the wind and figure out a way of beating a seemingly inspired Mario Ancic.

With typical grit and verve, Roddick did just that, emerging from a duel that finished under the lights with a 46 62 61 64 victory that leveled the tie at 1-1 after Andre Agassi’s much heralded return to Davis Cup play had ended in acute disappointment.

Fussed by the wind and perplexed by the amount of spin and kick Ivan Ljubicic was able to generate on his serve, Agassi went down 63 76 63 in the first match he had played for the United States in four years.

Honest to the core, Agassi called it a “a painful performance.” Admitting it was one of those days when he never got comfortable and never settled, the 34-year-old recalled the moment he served for the second at 5-3. “I played a very mediocre game there,” he said. “I think it’s possible I could have relaxed a little bit more had I just served out the set.”

It was a triumph for Ljubicic who had won all three of his rubbers when Croatia beat the United States in 2003. Having reached three finals on the ATP circuit already this year, Ljubicic’s confidence was high and it showed. “I played great match,” he said and it was no boast. Calm and focused, he never allowed his standard to drop and made far fewer unforced errors than his illustrious opponent.

When Ancic raced away to a first set lead, the alarm bells started ringing in the American camp but, in the end, Patrick McEnroe, the US captain, was understandably delighted by Roddick’s sterling performance. “Andy was a little over-excited to begin with but once he settled own he was phenomenally solid,” said McEnroe. “He played the big points well and just did so many things so well.”

Roddick hit some great backhand passes down the line as Ancic tried to attack the net on a hardcourt that was made deliberately slow to suit the Andy’s style. And once Roddick brought the 6,000 crowd to its feet with a lovely drop shot that he followed with a running forehand pass down the line.

Roddick, feeling no pain from a recently injured ankle, was pleased to have turned his match into a physical contest. “I was able to move and win a battle of attrition which was big for me,” he said before paying tribute to Agassi.

“He stuck around to watch my match and congratulated me afterwards,” Roddick said. “Andre’s far too professional to sit around and pout and let it affect us. The whole point of team competition is to pick someone up. I’m going to screw up sometimes and I’m going to be able to help out sometimes. We’re in this together.”

Unlike their opponents, Roddick and Agassi will get a day off as Ljubicic and Ancic attempt to regain Croatia’s lead by cracking the Bryan brothers unbeaten Davis Cup record in doubles. Bob and Mike have played five rubbers and have not yet lost a set. They will need to play exceptionally well to maintain that aura of invincibility against the proud and powerful Croats.

--

I'm so glad he won! I didn't get to see the match though. Wasn't broadcasted here. Cable op only show DC finals

I feel bad for Andre though. I hope he'll be able to get back on track soon.

Thanks for the pics, Bianca! Andy looks so cute in the 2nd one.

Jeb I'm having a great weekend. I already forgot about that sucky Friday. I am a bit busy because of finals coming up though. It starts on Wednesday so I'm going to have to hit the books soon. I hope you have a great time in Vienna!