Official Hompage of Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat
Michelle Kwan Fanpage
Michelle Kwan Graphics Site
Goldenskate
Pixieworld
Skatingfans.net
Ice Champions
--

The ice skating season is more or less over and so are the World Championships but it’s definitely not too late to start a thread! So, here it is. I only hope that I’m not alone with my love for figure skating…

I’ve been a fan of figure skating ever since I can remember.

My favorite female figure skaters would have to be Katharina Witt, Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen.
As for the male ones I like Stephane Lambiel a lot and I’m glad he won his first WCH gold medal!

But my true obsession is ice dancing and along with it, Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat. I first saw them (on tv) in 1997 at the European Championships and have been a fan of theirs ever since! To me, they will always be the best ice dancers on earth. They have always had somewhat unconventional, interesting, moving and emotional programmes and they never failed to impress with new step combinations, components, costumes and music. Well, good things must always come to an end and I was sad when they retired but it’s great to see them together backstage from time to time

Well, I sort of needed a new dancing couple to root for, so all my support now goes out to Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto who were 2nd at this year’s World Championships in Russia. They’re still young and they still have to work hard on their performance but they have huge talent and I’m sure we will see them on 1st place at the WC some time in the next years!

So, here are some icons I made…
Marina Anissina/Gwendal Peizerat

Michelle Kwan

Feel free to post your arts/icons here!

Last edited by Jebony; 03-22-2005 at 12:31 AM
Old 03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak
Thanks for starting this thread.
you're welcome I just hope that there are some people out there who'd like to post here

So, you like figure skating then?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:15 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebony
So, you like figure skating then?
Yes, I do, very much.

My favorite skater was always Kristi Yamaguchi.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, I do, very much.

My favorite skater was always Kristi Yamaguchi.
I don't know a lot about her but I think I remember seeing her at the WCH in 1997. She did win gold there, didn't she? Sorry, I was only 13 back then!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:09 AM
MST Manager

Hehe, it's okay.

Yeah, she won Olympic Gold. I can't remember the year, though. I think I might have it still on VCR tape somewhere. I might have to dig it up.

I really love that Russian couple that was married in real-life, and tragically, he died of a heart condition (I think) on the ice while practicing. They had a little girl, I believe. I can't think of their names right now.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Ooohhh cool, thanks for starting this thread!

I love figure skating too. My favorite skater of all time is Alexei Yagudin.
Among the amateur Americans, I like Sasha, Michelle & Johnny W.

Quote:
I really love that Russian couple that was married in real-life, and tragically, he died of a heart condition (I think) on the ice while practicing. They had a little girl, I believe. I can't think of their names right now.
Gordeeva and Grinkov. I like them too

This is so random but I recently made an animation of Brian Joubert from his matrix program which I like so much. I thought I'd share

Last edited by Jelenbean; 03-21-2005 at 09:23 AM
Old 03-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hehe, it's okay.

Yeah, she won Olympic Gold. I can't remember the year, though. I think I might have it still on VCR tape somewhere. I might have to dig it up.
Oh, you also tape the performances/programmes of your fave skaters? I do that, too! I have over 20 tapes here and I currently try to get them all on DVD which is not as easy as I thought

Gordeeva and Grinkov I know that my mom liked them a lot but I cannot remember them... I might have seen them but I wouldn't remember that since I was too young
How old are you guys? I feel like the baby here...

Quote:
Ooohhh cool, thanks for starting this thread!
you're welcome! I'm glad that it is appreciated here

Quote:
This is so random but I recently made an animation of Brian Joubert from his matrix program which I like so much. I thought I'd share
Thanks a lot! It's awesome! Do you happen to have other animations? Like of Stephane Lambiel maybe?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Jebony - I saw your icons on the OTH thread and I'm glad I followed the link on your signature because it brought me here! I'm glad you started this thread. I thought no one else liked figure skating

Dont worry, I think we're the same age! I was around 13/14 back in '97 too. The only reason I know about Gordeeva and Grinkov is because I have the memoir and the video

Joubert's the only animation I've got for now. I'll be making more whenever I'm free. I actually havent heard of Lambiel til the Worlds last week. And I didnt get to see it because I dont have cable in my dorm I definitely have to check him out. I was surprised that he (and Lysacek) beat Plushenko (he was few points behind before he withdrew, right?) and Joubert.

Some really great sites:

Pixieworld
Skatingfans.net
Ice Champions - This site is the best! You can download performances of so many diff skaters.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
MST Manager

I am 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelenbean
Gordeeva and Grinkov. I like them too
Ahh, that's it! Thanks for their names. I really liked them alot. Is she still skating, do you know?

So, I guess you both probably won't remember the skater, Debbie Thomas? I think that was her name. I think she didn't do well at one Olympic Games and she hasn't been heard from since then.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

NikNak I've heard the name before but I don't really know her

Gordeeva is skating solo now. I saw her recently on the Today show. Although I think she sometimes skates in pairs with her new husband.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Jebony - I saw your icons on the OTH thread and I'm glad I followed the link on your signature because it brought me here! I'm glad you started this thread. I thought no one else liked figure skating

Dont worry, I think we're the same age! I was around 13/14 back in '97 too. The only reason I know about Gordeeva and Grinkov is because I have the memoir and the video

Joubert's the only animation I've got for now. I'll be making more whenever I'm free. I actually havent heard of Lambiel til the Worlds last week. And I didnt get to see it because I dont have cable in my dorm I definitely have to check him out. I was surprised that he (and Lysacek) beat Plushenko (he was few points behind before he withdrew, right?) and Joubert.
Jelenbean yeah, I was thinking that, too, so I just started the thread and waited for some responses and as far as I can see now it's moving

Ah, so you've got the memoir. Where did you get/order it? Hm, maybe I should try amazon.com, huh? I'm sure that my mom would love to have it!

Oh, well, I saw Lambiel two years ago at the ECH (European Championships) and I knew he had potential and this time, he just took this great opportunity and won I was so proud of him! Some might disagree about this but I think his short program was the best of all in this WCH and then the long program? AWESOME!

Anyhow, I like Joubert a lot, too! I loved his performance at the WCH last year and he really deserved his second place... I actually wanted him to win gold because as you've already mentioned his performance based on "The Matrix" was fantastic!

Oh, thanks for posting the links! I will add them to the ones in the opening post! Oh, and the Ice Champions site is really cool!!

Oh, and about Gordeeva and Grinkov, here's a link I found:
G&G Unofficial website

--
I made two wallpapers of Anissina/Peizerat & I hope you like it

800x600

800x600

*sigh* I miss them....

Last edited by Jebony; 03-22-2005 at 04:08 AM Reason: add another wallpaper
Old 03-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Jebony
You can call me Tara

The wallpapers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them. I checked out your LJ icons too and I like the Andy Roddick and Trory ones!

I bought the G&G memoir in Amazon. I got the video in there too. I bought the used ones which were really cheap. (By the way, thanks for posting the link to the site).

I noticed you like Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto. I've seen them perform once and I thought they were incredible! Joubert's Matrix program was very creative (I think Alexei Yagudin was still coaching him at that time ). I dont think he has any problem getting the technical merits done but I think he should work more on the artistic aspect of his skating. It seems like he is capable of doing more.

If you know of any site where I can watch a performance by Lambiel, could you please send me the link? I'd really love to see him skate!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelenbean
Gordeeva is skating solo now. I saw her recently on the Today show. Although I think she sometimes skates in pairs with her new husband.
Ah, ok. It's nice she found love again. Thanks for the info.

You can call me Nikki or Nik.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So, I guess you both probably won't remember the skater, Debbie Thomas? I think that was her name. I think she didn't do well at one Olympic Games and she hasn't been heard from since then.
Tara - nice to meet you. I'm Sarah! Thanks for your feedback! I feel honoured
Quote:
By the way, thanks for posting the link to the site
you're welcome!
Quote:
I noticed you like Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto.
like? I them! They're very young which is just good because watching them is so much fun - you can tell they enjoy dancing/perform together and their programme at the WCH exhibition was so funny!

Quote:
If you know of any site where I can watch a performance by Lambiel, could you please send me the link? I'd really love to see him skate!
so far I haven't come across any websites that provide videos of him skating but I'll let you know as soon as I do, okay

Quote:
So, I guess you both probably won't remember the skater, Debbie Thomas?
Sorry, I didn't answer that in my last post but I guess I couldn't have anyway... I don't remember her, sorry! Do you happen to have a link to a website on her or anything like that?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread