Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh I cannot even imagine what that'd be like.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe Paige would be the face of it and do most of the work, hahaha, and Walter just helps.

Though I'm sure Paige would find something for Walter to do because he will do anything for her. He's so whipped. Hahaha.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a good thing Paige and Ralph both have enough EQ to know not to take advantage of that because he's super

Old 03-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
It's a good thing Paige and Ralph both have enough EQ to know not to take advantage of that because he's super
Walter to Ralph: If Paige is the one whom all of the clients meet while planning a wedding, how do I get stuck doing most of the research for venues, caterers and florists?

Ralph: Because, *whistles* Mom's got you wrapped around her little finger.

I can see Paige making Walter (and Ralph) do all of the data collecting. Maybe scope the venues out and determine if certain sized weddings were ideal there (number of people verses number of bathrooms, exits, etc.).

They would be a formidable wedding planning team, lmao.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's be real, they'd be a great team at anything.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

True that!

Cabe and Sly are gonna be so behind on their Dudes of Honor responsibilities because Waige {and Ralph) have got it covered!
Old 03-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Cabe is probably gonna walk Happy, so he still has another job.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Walter: "But I wanted to be the one to walk her down the aisle. She was my wife after all."
Paige: And that's exactly the reason why she didn't choose you.
Ralph: If you really want to walk someone down the aisle, just walk my mom. Problem solved.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That brings up a question that I think is interesting.

When Waige gets together, how do you think Ralph will react?

Will he be super enthusiastic, assuming that once they've gotten together that's it, no way they ever break up, when's the wedding? (I could see this since he was terrified of his mother marrying Tim when they'd only been going out a couple months and she was promising him she wasn't even thinking about that.)

Or will he be absolutely terrified and paranoid that things will go wrong and he will lose the dream forever family he is now painfully close to having? (I could also see this but based less on canon evidence and more on "it would make sense.")

Old 03-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I honestly think he'll be excited because it's evident he wants Walter to be that special person in his mother's life.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Ralph will waver back and forth. At first he'll be really excited, because he's finally getting what he's wanted for so long - and it was something he had virtually no power to bring about - he just had to wait and hope.

But I think once the initial excitement passes, he'll have moments - possibly hours or days - when he dreads that something will happen. He'll remember that his father - Drew - left; and that Tim dumped his mom. While he knows Walter is nothing like either of them, he also doesn't really understand why those men did what they did, so he has times when he's terrified that Walter will do the same thing.

~Heidi
Old 03-23-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There is so much potential there, for angst and drama even while Waige is together. It frustrates me when writers act like people's stories stop once they get into their endgame relationship. Real life people have lives after that moment, and especially with this family involved here, with so much sad history in all their lives, there's so many ways they can go with this and continue to have room for forward motion.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
There is so much potential there, for angst and drama even while Waige is together. It frustrates me when writers act like people's stories stop once they get into their endgame relationship. Real life people have lives after that moment, and especially with this family involved here, with so much sad history in all their lives, there's so many ways they can go with this and continue to have room for forward motion.
YES! TV heads always say that fans get bored when characters "finally" get into a relationship. But maybe they get bored because the writers work under the assumption that there can't be any interesting stories for an established couple. Which makes no sense, because there are PLENTY of TV shows with established, married couples. People who stay married to each other and deal with the problems and issues of being in a relationship with someone. These days and historically, a lot of those are comedies. But there have been terrific dramas - McMillan and Wife and Hart to Hart for example - where the couple were married to start out with - and there was plenty of drama to keep fans' interest. And Scorpion is sort of a comedy-drama anyway!

~Heidi
Old 03-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's less us getting bored and more them kinda not putting as much effort out once a couple is together. But Waige is different anyway because Ralph is involved. There is so much to do there.

It frustrates me more when the writers are like "it'd be boring if they were just holding hands running through a meadow" because 1. literally none of us want them to do that 2. what couple has done that in such an iconic manner that every TV writer in existence assumes that that's what we want and 3. who the hell gets into a relationship and stops having to work at it like relationships are. not. boring.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are sometimes a few weeks right at the start of a relationship where everything is new and hearts and flowers. But if that lasts more than a few weeks, you don't have a relationship - you're in fantasyland and aren't being realistic. No matter how compatible people are, they will have differences and they will have to work to compromise on things, make adjustments and all that. Heck - usually one of the first things you have to work out is just exactly how you'll conduct your fights. What is perfectly normal and expected for one person, the other person may consider is disrespectful or bullying.

I'd actually like to see that - have Walter and Paige get into a good fight - and then start fighting about how they are fighting.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread