Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2017, 09:56 AM
New Fan

An hour ago....I saw 1*02 and since then I have been crying. What a beautiful episode it was man!!!!!!!!...... I am kinda so sad where the show has reached now....Though the coming episode has heightened the hopes ,yet, if we look all round, the quality of episodes and the show have been degraded. So manyvkey elements of the show have been lost in the course. And it's not as if they were meant to be gone. The essence of the show would have been increased exponentially if such minute detailings had been kept intact. The writers and the makers really need to revisit some older episodes of the start of season 1 to get some positive inspiration. The telescope scene at the end of the 1*02 just tore my heart all over again....Ahhhh....my good old days. I wish the next episodes and the season match the level of the quality of the earlier ones.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

This last episode forced me to look at S1 again. And I agree. So much is now missing. That episode is perfect. The friendship between all is beautiful to watch. As well as Cabe telling Walter about the importance of family. Then Walter gives Paige the note with the comment for Ralph. Sheer perfection.

Even with the introduction of Drew, the show never lost this friendship quality. And Walter didn't regress to someone who didn't know how to act. His dealing through dangerous behavior was a great and believable way for him to deal with his pain.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
This last episode forced me to look at S1 again. And I agree. So much is now missing. That episode is perfect. The friendship between all is beautiful to watch. As well as Cabe telling Walter about the importance of family. Then Walter gives Paige the note with the comment for Ralph. Sheer perfection.

Even with the introduction of Drew, the show never lost this friendship quality. And Walter didn't regress to someone who didn't know how to act. His dealing through dangerous behavior was a great and believable way for him to deal with his pain.
I agree....Walt had a habit of engaging himself in dealing with difficult situations when he was restless about Paige being with Drew. But he never grew petty. This season reduced him to that. He was at so many times in this seasons shown desperate rather than longing for Paige and that made him look petty....like really....even though the behaviour was very human. And I am really concernwd about the number of heart to heart conversations between Walter and Ralph . They are one of the best pairings of the show and it has been significantly less this season. The show should have been about Walter/Paige / Ralph dynamics.....but right now it is all about Walter's feelings. Poor Ralphy is just there to give some deep insights (I agree they are important). I really wish to see more Father aon moments of Walter and Ralph. Fingers crossed for the remaining three episodes and the next season. Hope the next season turns out to be the best of the earlier three and paves way for more wonderful seasons
Old 04-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely need more of the W/P/R dynamic. It's what got me attached to the show at the start - as much as I love Waige for Waige, it's the three of them together that really got to me. Elyes and Kat have both said in interviews (as well as a writer once in a while) that that dynamic is really the heart of the show. I really hope once Waige stops doing this dance and works things out we can get back to that.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

I kind of hate ships. And I try not to get caught up because you know eventually the writers will decide you need drama so here comes amnesia, or I have to leave for your own safety and can't tell you why, or enter new love interest. Sigh. And when they start this, they run the risk of destroying the very relationships that made you love the show. Every character has suffered this season.

In this case, the our family has suffered to where we don't even get any time with them. That's just sad. I love this grouping. I love how Walter cares for Ralph and I hope we get more of this. I hope Ralph is a catalyst in a good way in the upcoming episodes although I have visions of him telling Walter off for firing Paige.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I kind of hate ships. And I try not to get caught up because you know eventually the writers will decide you need drama so here comes amnesia, or I have to leave for your own safety and can't tell you why, or enter new love interest. Sigh. And when they start this, they run the risk of destroying the very relationships that made you love the show. Every character has suffered this season.

In this case, the our family has suffered to where we don't even get any time with them. That's just sad. I love this grouping. I love how Walter cares for Ralph and I hope we get more of this. I hope Ralph is a catalyst in a good way in the upcoming episodes although I have visions of him telling Walter off for firing Paige.
This could be a very strong possibility too. I never thought of it this way. It can be interesting to watch if Ralph ignores Walter or something on that line because he is angry at him for firing his mom.....But his behaviour may evantually worry Paige. Even though she herself is on a "Avoid Scorpion " movement right now, I still don't think she would like her son learning typical human negative emotions in these situations. She may not be talking to Walter right now but I dont think she'll go this far and stop Ralph from meeting Walter or vice versa. She might feel bad seeing the situations affect Ralph's innocence if at all he grows cold towards Walter .....because he on his own will never behave like so and especially never with Walter..She might feel bad and blame herself too for this.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate the thoughts of Paige keeping Ralph from Walter, but given the situation, I'm not sure how she would contrive a reason to bring him to the garage. It's possible that Walter might extend an invitation - but he may not want to do that either.

However - I'd love if one of them called the other and started a conversation about putting aside their personal differences for Ralph's sake.

~Heidi
Old 04-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I hate the thoughts of Paige keeping Ralph from Walter, but given the situation, I'm not sure how she would contrive a reason to bring him to the garage. It's possible that Walter might extend an invitation - but he may not want to do that either.
I don't think she'd actively prevent Ralph from seeing Walter. Vice versa, maybe. But if Walter and Ralph aren't seeing each other, it could just be because of her schedule, or perhaps Ralph is hurt and confused and isn't ready to see Walter yet.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Paige would purposefully keep them apart, but the tension of the situation might make her not try to get them together.

I wonder how things are between Ralph and Paige? I can easily see them getting home and Ralph shutting down. He looked so hurt and confused.

~Heidi
Old 04-28-2017, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Now that is a good idea. I can see that too. It goes right along with the idea that he doesn't have great coping skills.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I wonder how things are between Ralph and Paige? I can easily see them getting home and Ralph shutting down. He looked so hurt and confused.
I feel like they've been off all season - especially with the way she was acting around/treating the geniuses in the first part of the season, with dehumanizing them and calling them black mold and all of that. It's unlikely Ralph didn't catch wind of that attitude and it was probably very hard for Ralph to not take that personally since he is like them.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure Ralph must have been aware that Paige hasn't been acting herself. And he's probably realized her change in attitude. I only hope that is an aberration and not some sort of defensive mechanism that she can't let go of.

~Heidi
Old 05-01-2017, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

I hope she lets go of it too. I don't know where all that came from. I hope S3 is an aberration.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if we'll get to see Kat telling Ralph about her and Walter. She mentioned telling him at the end of 3.23, so I hope they will follow through with that.

Part of me thinks he'll be thrilled but part of me wonders if Ralph might now be wary - afraid that things will change again.

~Heidi
Old 05-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I don't think Kat will be telling Ralph much but Paige might. I still hope that his reaction will be excitement.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread