Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2016, 05:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scclarke (View Post)
THE FLASH
“Rupture” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

DC COMICS’ CHARACTER RUPTURE COMES TO CENTRAL CITY WITH ZOOM – Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry (Grant Gustin) and Wells (Tom Cavanagh) come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it’s extremely dangerous. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipps) is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe (Jesse L. Martin) thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante’s (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez) doppelganger. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb’s death. Iris (Candice Patton) decides she’s finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him. Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Kai Yu Wu & Lauren Certo (#220). Original airdate 5/3/2016.
Ok all good things but wow iris is finally openjng up to barry about her feelings i hope they do this right
Old 04-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

I think they will... for me, its not a finally moment because, well, its Season 2. Finally moments on tv shows with me are season 4, or maybe some time in season 3. something has been building for a while. if niether of them had a serious LI in the show then yeah, I'd probably call it finally too but since they each have had a serious to at least semi-serious one.... I'm not in the finally camp.

For the sake of the show, I hope they do it well. Am glad that they seem to be committing to something and hopefully, again, they stick with it - at least for a while.

outside of that though 2x20 really kind of seems like filler IMO. Zoom comes back but he's not going to be defeated in 2x20 obviously. they have a plan of defeating him but its not going to work. joe and henry are at odds....... and a doppleganger shows up.

2x19 outside of WA seems like more filler on the surface too - with Griffin Grey - who is a cool character - but just meh.

I feel like but could be wrong 2x18 is going to leave us with a climax of the Zoom saga and than we take an episode off in 2x19 and 2x20 might not advance it that much further.

^^

he goes back in time in 2x21. there were stills of him and iris by the water in weather wizard's episode from season one where they kissed. and with the episode named "Time Travel" it kind of figures that time travel will factor into the episode I imagine.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I am not getting excited about Rupture I'm sure the writers are gonna have Barry do something stupid to make West-Allen fan upset its just a given. Oh but Cisco and Barry and the two Dads wait I am excited.

Last edited by hereforshorttime; 04-15-2016 at 06:49 AM Reason: corrected
Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 AM
Supreme Fan

I still think the Barry/Iris scene by the waterfront is in present time and it's just a call back to 1x15. Iris decides she's ready to open up about her feelings in 2X20 but the confession will take place in 2x21.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

that could be. the still I saw from 2x21 though they were wearing literally the same outfits. So I guess it could be a flash back tot he scene, etc...

but even if that is true, with the episode literally called Time Travel and Barry visiting his mom's grave - which comically was the basis for Flash Point happening -

I think someone - perhaps not Barry - is traveling thru time.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Extreme Fan

How do you know the episode is called Time Travel?
Old 04-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Kevin Smith said the title on instagram but that post was taken down. So I suppose they could have changed the name.

Plus, the confirmed appearances of Nora Allen and Tony means either E-2 - which would seem to make zero sense -

or time travel is involved.

http://thearrowverse.com/time-travel...from-the-past/

I did find this again. Does not have the name - so they might have changed it from the original Kevin Smith post - but this claims / predicts two periods of time travel in the episode?
Old 04-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
that could be. the still I saw from 2x21 though they were wearing literally the same outfits. So I guess it could be a flash back tot he scene, etc...
Barry is in a different outfit and Iris is not wearing the necklace. It could be just a small detail but it's enough to make me think the scene is in present time. That doesn't mean I'm ruling out time travel when it comes to other aspects of that episode.

Unless Nora, Tony, the moment with Iris, etc. is all some sort of hallucination and neither time travel nor E-2 are involved
Old 04-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Ok. Have to be honest, most of Grant's out fits kind of blend together for me. Except for when he was in the tux or the Flash of course.

as for the episode, it could be a hallucination although that would be some kind of trip

I'm hoping for that or E-2 because frankly - I'm tired of time travel this season .

Its fine in places - but if they do in fact do it yet again - enough is enough IMO
Old 04-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I need anything Flash-related! — Jarod
Tension is high as the speedsters head toward the ultimate showdown by season’s end. “Things are about to get a lot more personal between the two of them,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg teases. “Barry is still reeling from the sting of betrayal of Jay, but Jay has a very specific agenda. He’s proven to be a master manipulator. He did so covertly, and now he’s doing it out in the open. Barry’s going to have to make some difficult choices if he’s going to want to take Jay down.”
Old 04-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

thanks for that... I think that hints at someone being kidnapped? IDK... or him hurting someone.

wonder what those choices are going to have to be
Old 04-16-2016, 03:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh thats right couod be a time travel didnt think of that
Old 04-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipps) is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe (Jesse L. Martin) thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other.
so this for me is weird, i know henry is his fathr but joe took care of him, he knows barry best, i mean so they will argue.. hmm.... weird...
Old 04-16-2016, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

yeah, I get where Henry is coming from probably though. Zoom's already nearly killed Barry a few times so the idea of doing something really risky might not seem that great an idea to Henry.

Obviously Joe cares a great deal about Barry - but Barry is literally the only thing Henry really has left.

Not that the show has done anything to make that point
Old 04-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
yeah, I get where Henry is coming from probably though. Zoom's already nearly killed Barry a few times so the idea of doing something really risky might not seem that great an idea to Henry.

Obviously Joe cares a great deal about Barry - but Barry is literally the only thing Henry really has left.

Not that the show has done anything to make that point
was just about to write that, imean yeh barry is the last henry has, but have never seen him with barry