Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

They show a bit more in this promo

Looks like Barry, Cisco and Harry go to E2? I definitely think it's E1 Barry impersonating E2.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

yeah, I can imagine that the slow burn, etc. and all that. and that's fine. I don't mind a slow burn if you can do it well. its the part about them doing it well that I have doubts about I guess. I mean, because presuming we are correct in Firestorm appearing and saving her... then basically everyone would already know how to do it again in the future. So there really isn't any big drama of some new big bad that you have to figure out what their weakness is, etc... it'll be like the WW wand thing and Barry was like "oh, yeah, Cisco, I need you to make that"

And I get they don't want to change the dynamic but honestly... I'd be more impressed if they did. Its one thing for Wells to be Eobard who turns out to be an enemy. Or now Wells working with Zoom, etc. But someone a little closer to home becoming "evil?" that to me would be interesting. because now everyone has some kind of emotional stake in that characters turn for the worse, so to speak.

^^

I imagine #1 is the most likely.

It could be interesting. I'm not going to rule that out entirely. It just seems a little less likely to me know personally. Was looking forward to KF - I honestly would have been more fine if they didn't do it at all yet until season 4, 5, etc... - rather than this.

this seems like a Killer Frost shaped cookie and I hate cookies from shows. Either do something or don't, I don't care for cookies (from tv shows, in life, I might as well be the cookie monster )
Old 12-25-2015, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But someone a little closer to home becoming "evil?" that to me would be interesting. because now everyone has some kind of emotional stake in that characters turn for the worse, so to speak.
i agree with this, also just to see how they would handle it, right?
Old 12-25-2015, 05:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Good question or statement we all.got a little evil in us but its interesting to see how we get there
Old 12-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Good question or statement we all.got a little evil in us but its interesting to see how we get there
yeah exactly
Old 12-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
i agree with this, also just to see how they would handle it, right?
yeah. I mean, if you take a former ally / friend / lover / family member, whatever fits the show and put them on opposite ends and write it well...

dear me, to me, that is some of the most compelling things I've watched.

One of my favorite scenes of all time is the end of Smallville when Clark mets Lex again and Lex comments on how Clarke always says his name the same way with dread, etc... but a hopeful finish.

because that way I get more emotionally invested in a character - even as a villain - when they have emotional relationships. Similar to how in Season 1 one of my favorite scenes (I know, I know) was when Eobard killed Cisco.

I LOVE Cisco... but that sccene? Where Eobard was like "forgive me, but to me you've been dead for centuries" etc. and talking about seeing what it was like to have a son, etc. That scene was awesome IMO. Because you knew that the villain was going to do something bad but they were at the same time like

"look, this IS hard for me. I'm not soulless but I made choices or things happened and this is the path life gave to me, etc" and they acknowledge an emotional connection to the hero or the other characters in the story, even though they are on opposite ends. so that I think is what I am looking for the most out of something like KF if it ever happens or some future villain...

a real emotional connection where maybe at times they might work together or not against each other, etc... and both aren't always trying to kill or destroy the other because there is that connection and they aren't quite ready to give up on that other person just yet.

sorry for making it longer but those are the kind of villain stories - either in books, movies or tv shows - that just draw me close to the TV. The ones where the hero or other main characters still love the villain and are trying to stop and save them at the same time and where the villain or villains show that they are conflicted and that its not just easy to be bad and destroy everything.

kind of like Zod's speech to Superman where he talked about how everything he had done had been for his people and now that they were gone, Superman had taken away his soul.

someone who just cares about nothing and no one can be cool too sometimes but not as often in my personal taste.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Extreme Fan

E1 Caitlin turning into Killer Frost would be interesting, but that would mean the end of her friendship with Barry and Cisco and I would miss seeing her apart of the team too. I feel like she wouldn't be on the show as much either being a villain, she would be in every other episode until they stop her?
Old 12-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

yeah, maybe? KF was kind of a tragic villain so its possible, albeit unlikely, that they could play with her story some there, if Caitlin ever did become KF.

And agree on the screen time thing although that fits together a little bit to how exactly they were developing her as KF - if they ever were - on E1. but that is true, unless of course you wanted to go the Lex Luthor on Smallville villain and have him be around much of the time and have it be a situation where you had previous emotional connection to him and it was something of a journey to get to the ultimate "lex" where he was flat out and out a villain

if they wanted to copy that format than I suppose it might be possible for it to work to see her more but I would be curious to see how that would work
Old 12-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i totallly get what you mean that was also my fve scene actually , with cisco and "wells" it was very emotional, and i was like wooooooooooooooooow

so yeah i do hope we get that with KF but i really doubt it :/

but yeah if we get that with another villain down the road it would make me happy
Old 12-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

yeah, I doubt we;ll get it with KF either - at least for the time being.

and the slow burn thing is great and all but the show needs to be careful in this regard. if that is their ultimate plan to save it for seasons 5, 6, etc... great. but sometimes, fans of a show just don't care anymore, even if you give them something they want or a segment of them want at that point in time. especially if they have teased it and teased it, etc.

and I agree. I think the Reverse Flash could have been even cooler had the arc of him being revealed to be the villain lasted a little longer. it lasted a few episodes but even longer, because then you might have had a confrontation with Cisco or him and Caitlin, etc... and you would have seen more emotional conflict between him and not just Barry but all the members of the Flash team that he had betrayed in his ultimate goal and seen that played out a little bit more
Old 12-26-2015, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
and the slow burn thing is great and all but the show needs to be careful in this regard. if that is their ultimate plan to save it for seasons 5, 6, etc... great. but sometimes, fans of a show just don't care anymore, even if you give them something they want or a segment of them want at that point in time. especially if they have teased it and teased it, etc.
exactly, they have to be carefull about that, tease it and tease it with KF, and show her maybe 2 seconds, and then wait a season or two to really introduce her first
i really dont hope thats what they have planned would kind of annoy me, cause then they shouldnt tease soo much with pics and promo

Quote:
and I agree. I think the Reverse Flash could have been even cooler had the arc of him being revealed to be the villain lasted a little longer. it lasted a few episodes but even longer, because then you might have had a confrontation with Cisco or him and Caitlin, etc... and you would have seen more emotional conflict between him and not just Barry but all the members of the Flash team that he had betrayed in his ultimate goal and seen that played out a little bit more
yeah this is very true but then again im okay with it
i liked that barry time travelled, and cisco was introduced to his powers well kind of with remembering what wells did to him when he killed him
it was very cool
Old 12-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scclarke (View Post)
E1 Caitlin turning into Killer Frost would be interesting, but that would mean the end of her friendship with Barry and Cisco and I would miss seeing her apart of the team too. I feel like she wouldn't be on the show as much either being a villain, she would be in every other episode until they stop her?
Yes but the way they are righting Caitlin now it will make sense the trio need more screen time. .

I would love to see KF and see how danny portrays her
Old 12-26-2015, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
exactly, they have to be carefull about that, tease it and tease it with KF, and show her maybe 2 seconds, and then wait a season or two to really introduce her first
i really dont hope thats what they have planned would kind of annoy me, cause then they shouldnt tease soo much with pics and promo
Yeah, thats the point about KF on E2 that worries me. Is if they do it, then think they'll wait till Season 5 while its kind of dangling out there... IDK if people will still be as excited as they might be if it happened in Season 3, etc... of course, they could be. Its just really hard to predict the future, obviously.

Quote:

yeah this is very true but then again im okay with it
i liked that barry time travelled, and cisco was introduced to his powers well kind of with remembering what wells did to him when he killed him
it was very cool
That it was. And maybe we'll get a little bit of that since he is coming back in 2x11.

Which, unless they explain it another way, means that there's another biological Thawne somewhere? Which wouldn't entirely make sense because why then was he erased from the timeline to begin with? So I'm guessing there must be some kind of loop hole or he's from another Earth, etc. Kind of curious to see how that works...
Old 12-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, thats the point about KF on E2 that worries me. Is if they do it, then think they'll wait till Season 5 while its kind of dangling out there... IDK if people will still be as excited as they might be if it happened in Season 3, etc... of course, they could be. Its just really hard to predict the future, obviously.

yeah thats true i mean im excited now, but if its 2 seconds and they introduce her later i dont think i will be soo excited just annoyed

Quote:
That it was. And maybe we'll get a little bit of that since he is coming back in 2x11.

Which, unless they explain it another way, means that there's another biological Thawne somewhere? Which wouldn't entirely make sense because why then was he erased from the timeline to begin with? So I'm guessing there must be some kind of loop hole or he's from another Earth, etc. Kind of curious to see how that works...
aaah yes the reverse flash, i think maybe its from another world or maybe he time travelled back or forward that could also be
Old 12-26-2015, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

yeah, hopefully they don't do a simple quick and easy way of explaining how Eobard is still around and actually explain it in a way that makes sense