Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2015, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i dont think barry will be jealous of Wally, i think he will understand that he needs to spend time with wally maybe wally even can be as a brother to Barry?
Old 12-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Barry will definitely want Joe and Iris to be happy. It's possible he'll feel a tiny bit of jealousy but I'm more interested in seeing how Wally will react in this situation.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Barry will definitely want Joe and Iris to be happy. It's possible he'll feel a tiny bit of jealousy but I'm more interested in seeing how Wally will react in this situation.
true i see Wally maybe be a bit intimidated with Barry
Old 12-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

I can't see them doing it but jealous Barry might be interesting. I mean, with the watch giving scene you would think jealous Barry (plus having his own dad albeit a dad whose not around at the moment) and for part of his life was not around (for obvious reasons)

you never know.

not sure if I'd want to see it but I suppose if it were well done it might be interesting to some degree
Old 12-18-2015, 06:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
I can't see them doing it but jealous Barry might be interesting. I mean, with the watch giving scene you would think jealous Barry (plus having his own dad albeit a dad whose not around at the moment) and for part of his life was not around (for obvious reasons)

you never know.

not sure if I'd want to see it but I suppose if it were well done it might be interesting to some degree
I don't like the idea of jealous barry it kind of annoys me at times if its done right its not a problem. . This issue interesting
Old 12-18-2015, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

agree, if its not done right it just becomes annoying
Old 12-19-2015, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

aaah jealous Barry , hmm, i still dont know if it will happen, i think more that Barry will think, that Wally havent had his dad his whole life like he didnt have his real life his whole life, anf relate to that, and ofcourse give them time alone to know each other?

edit- some new aarticles

http://cartermatt.com/189565/the-fla...-grant-gustin/

http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/the....flash/6837.htm

Last edited by Heidsdk; 12-19-2015 at 06:07 AM
Old 12-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the new articles... and yeah, I don't know that I'd like to see a jealous Barry. But I could see where the show might decide to do that, just hope they don't

^

Had heard about the "blow your minds thing"

^^

so, now I'm thinking that they (our Barry, Cailtin, etc.) don't actually go to E2 and its just a fluff episode so people see KF? Because if Geomancer appears in 13 and 14 in CC... then it'd be weird for them to be in E2 while he was wrecking havoc on Earth One.

Unless of course, he's on Earth 2 and that is where they met him? But that doesn't make a lot of sense.

So my prediction as of now, more than 2 months out lol, is that whatever happens on E2 is just a fluff piece of sorts where we have an alternative glimpse into everyone and then we return to "reality" to confront Geomancer at times. Could be wrong but I don't know how you'd fit Geomancer in with them being in E2 because then .. IDK, just doesn't seem to fit if the characters we know were in E2. So KF/E2 is a tease and Geomancer is on Earth One. at least, that's what I'm going with as of right now

Last edited by bonnie51; 12-19-2015 at 09:14 AM
Old 12-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah this kind of makes sence see:

Spoiler:
Old 12-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

more Iris is good. I imagine getting to know Wally and the whole thing with her new boss will play a big role there...

so I wonder then whose kind of um... going to be the back burner, so to speak?

I mean, even if Jay and Patty are on their way out soon .... they are to some degree at least, going to be replaced by now Wally and Iris boss - whose name I forget at the moment? John? Steve? So to some degree that is a wash.

only point being is that screen time is not being increased in the run time for each episode so that means someone is being kind of ... maybe but pushed back but won't be seen as much.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
yeah this kind of makes sence see:

Spoiler:
yes more Iris
Old 12-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

well, I imagine
Spoiler:
Old 12-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hmm i think maybe caitlin will get less time? since jay is going to go i guess and cause of patty going, annd the two others are around iris, i guesss its her arc we will see more now? and then not soo much caitlin?
Old 12-20-2015, 09:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Why do you think Jay will be gone anytime soon? They've done nothing with his character so far, I'll be surprised if he leaves before the finale. In addition, Zoom is the season's big bad and Jay's story is connected to his.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

couple of reasons.

1 - financially the CW can't afford to keep guest stars and keep adding new ones while at the same time having a large regular cast. And using Arrow as the basis for this.

2- screen time wise. We just saw Wally, whose obviously going to play I'd imagine a big role in the rest of the season - at least if nothing else with Iris, Joe and to some extent Barry.

we have to find out more about Zoom at some point, as you mentioned, he is the big bad, so logically, we would see more of him or delve a little more into him. which could possibly lead us to seeing more of Jessie Quick, possibly.

We know that Iris is getting a new boss / possible Love interest in the 2nd half, so that guy has to be set up, both as her boss and then possible LI if anything happens there.

Speaking of Iris we are supposed to possibly see more of her in the 2nd half, which is good, but again, takes time away from someone like Jay whose not really connected to her and outside of the christmas party and one scene in Star Labs, I'm not sure has even really met or spoken to her.

not to mention the possibility of the Earth Two story lines - how long they might or might not last - we know we have E2 Barry and Caitlin around 13 and 14. Which again, is more screen time. Because again if they are splitting time between E1 and E2... I would imagine Barry especially and to a lesser degree Caitlin, being involved on both E1 and E2 in those episodes.

Of course when Zoom is finally revealed, his time is probably going to increase more then depending on who it is.

And even before then, you are going to have the bad guy of the week, etc... that needs to be developed somewhat. Sure, Jay could and is part of the team there, but really, his role is relatively limited. Cisco and Caitlin along with Wells already are kind of the science / brains at the lab, and he has no powers so he can't really physically help Barry. So, do you really need a 4th science person in the lab? How many times are they really going to send Cisco, Wells and Jay on a side mission?

So from a time stand point, even if they wanted to flesh out Jay, where is the time coming to do so from? And what is the point? Jay is more or less barry from our earth. Differences, sure, but at the end of the day he's a hero speedster a background in science. What is the point of fleshing out that character whose basically the same character as the titular character of the franchise - in terms of the show?

and if they did another cross over with Arrow - as they did last year at the end - again, that is more screen time that is coming out of the same 45 minutes. t

any guest star that was really fleshed out and developed was one that was going to A) stay on the show or shows for a number of seasons ( unlikely in Jay's case ) B) have a spin off and his or her own show ( unlikely in Jay's case) or was the big bad (highly unlikely in Jays case)

Examples from the Arrow / Flash universe:

RAG
MM - has been at various times a guest star, recurring but still.
Roy
Ray Palmer
Kendra
Barry originally on Arrow
Slade
Sara
Waller - not so much here but her organization as well

Your not going to have two hero "Flashes" this early in the series, IMO. With the one exception possibly Wally West but that is TBD.

He's not a big bad, he's not going to have a spin off of his own I and he's not even a developed love interest or major team player.

So there's probably not enough time, might not be enough money and there is no real purpose to developing him more unless we're creating an Earth Two spin off at some point... which I have completely missed if that was in the works?

^^

Caitlin certainly could be less int he 2nd half, although I don't know that she was really big in the first half, honestly. I'd probably say it was more the Patty, Cisco at times and Wells show - Cisco with the set up of Kendra and the Vibe ability, etc

The only reason I don't know about it being Caitlin is because if the KF angle from Earth is supposed to have any meaning or carry over, then I don't know if you can cut her out, so to speak. Not to mention in some ways, her back story might be the least developed of anyones. We met Cisco's brother and his parents a little, heck, we already met Jessie Quick and she's not even from our planet. Yes, we met Ronnie but that was more of a current SL as he was a meta human, etc. Are her parents dead / alive, adopted, siblings? Etc. We don't know anything really about her before her life at Star Labs.

Last edited by bonnie51; 12-20-2015 at 11:12 AM