Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2015, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosimasWeed (View Post)
Happy Thought of the Day: KS isn't going to Comic-Con! I was really afraid they'd push her right out there. She could be added, I guess. But I was more relieved to read that than I thought I'd be.
I feel I shouldn't be as happy about this as I am. I've nothing against Ksenia but does anyone even care about anything anyone is going to say about Shay? She's so irrelevant to the rest of the show outside of Cosima and if they take her only to big up Shaysima and crap on Cophine then that isn't going to go down well.

Quote:
Speaking of Shay, I was struck by the fact that the official OB posts in support of the Supreme Court decision today we're all about Delphine and Cosima. If Shay and Cos are the next big thing and the endgame love affair of the show, shouldn't they have been featured? I guess the show runners realized that naked Shay and Cos with a toy car was not exactly up to the profundity of the day's events.
Huh interesting. I guess it's because cophine are so far the only canon LGBT relationship who are actually in love on OB so far.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
I hope that at least GM sees the point people are trying to make though.

This reminds me of Margot's super offensive "lesbian sleeping with a man" storyline on Hannibal last year. People were outraged about it -- and some even called it homophobic, even though the creator of Hannibal, Bryan Fuller, is a gay man -- and BF was super defensive about the storyline and it was a big mess.

BUT in the end BF realized that the people who'd been upset really did have valid points and he later admitted all of it and (essentially) apologized. And now Margot's gonna have a relationship with a lead female character who's bisexual.
I don't watch Hannibal (though I plan to). Could you possibly point me to some of his comments about fans having valid points? I Googled it but really couldn't find anything. Thanks so much!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosimasWeed (View Post)
I don't watch Hannibal (though I plan to). Could you possibly point me to some of his comments about fans having valid points? I Googled it but really couldn't find anything. Thanks so much!
I'll have to dig around a bit, it's been a while.

ETA: Okay, I'm back. I know I read something more about it, but I could only find this stuff in my tags on my tumblr:

Caroline Dhavernas (Alana Bloom) and Bryan Fuller commentary during the Margot/Will sex scene. So right here you know they're aware of how upset fans are.

And he talks about listening to some other critisms here:

[I] have listened to some of the reaction to Alana’s story in the second season and there was a significant amount of feedback in terms of frustrations ... I was determined at the beginning of this season to make Alana as interesting a character as any of the characters in this season. [source]

And yeah I can't find anything else, it might have been in a video interview and that's why I can't find it now.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 06-27-2015 at 05:10 PM
Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Speaking of Shay, I was struck by the fact that the official OB posts in support of the Supreme Court decision today we're all about Delphine and Cosima. If Shay and Cos are the next big thing and the endgame love affair of the show, shouldn't they have been featured? I guess the show runners realized that naked Shay and Cos with a toy car was not exactly up to the profundity of the day's events.
That makes me feel better. Also the toy car thing still makes zero sense to me.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LMAO I would never have pegged Orlando Jones as a cophine shipper but....

Well said my man, well said. Surely OB must be taking note of how unpopular the decision to sink Cophine/kill Delphine is?

Annnnnnnd it's been a week and I'm still more confused than ever by the turn of events left by 3x10. I still don't understand why 3x08 had to happen if in the grand scheme of things if it means **** all. I still don't get the appeal of Shay. I still don't get why Cophine had to be 'true love, but impossible love'. I don't get it. I still don't know how to process this waste of a really strong f/f love story. I'm still so achingly disappointed. I'm getting to the point where I'm beginning to resent everything about OB.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Annnnnnnd it's been a week and I'm still more confused than ever by the turn of events left by 3x10. I still don't understand why 3x08 had to happen if in the grand scheme of things if it means **** all.
Simple. To make it hurt more. Same reason why Tara was accepted as part of the Scooby family and got shot right after she made up with Willow.

Or maybe I'm too dense to see the big picture there.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:38 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)
Simple. To make it hurt more. Same reason why Tara was accepted as part of the Scooby family and got shot right after she made up with Willow.

That's about right... for dramatic impact. To make it more of a "tragic" love story.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

So Variety has a piece "Television Shows Celebrate the Marriage Equality Moment via Social Media"

Of course Cophine is the picture. Then there is this:

Quote:
Matt Stein, BBC America’s senior VP of marketing, promotions and creative services, said the “Orphan Black” promo was a way to give back to the LGBT fans who have long supported the show.

“The LGBT community has long embraced ‘Orphan Black,’ and we’ve embraced their love of it,” he said of the campaign, which was not planned ahead of time. “It’s organic with the audience. We wouldn’t shoehorn a conversation around geopolitical issues that don’t have anything to do with the show.”
Old 06-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
LMAO I would never have pegged Orlando Jones as a cophine shipper but....

Well said my man, well said. Surely OB must be taking note of how unpopular the decision to sink Cophine/kill Delphine is?
YEAH! YEAH! This make me so happy. If a public figure says something like that, then there is no chance to escape from this desicion OB.

And I am angry at myself for believing that it may actually change something I don't wanna be disappointed, but I am in this weird state of mind when I kinda know Delphine is dead, but also have hope she will be back somehow.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Annnnnnnd it's been a week
I know

I wish I was hopeful like the people from my FB group are, I wanna be hopeful, but the fear of being folled is bigger, so I'd rather not have any faith at all right now
Old 06-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
I know

I wish I was hopeful like the people from my FB group are, I wanna be hopeful, but the fear of being folled is bigger, so I'd rather not have any faith at all right now
totally understandable Gosh, I can't believe this really happened. I love Delphine so much that I started crying probably 5 minutes before the actual shooting scene, so I naturally skip the being in shock part of grieve, but man I really can't believe this, I just can't...
Old 06-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
That makes me feel better. Also the toy car thing still makes zero sense to me.
Pure titillation, very shallow on the writers part, a bit bottom of the barrel stuff maybe?
Old 06-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)

It's just so unnecessarily cruel. I'm still not sure I can see the reasoning behind it. Surely they'd realise that by making them soulmates the only thing they'd achieve is drumming up even more support for Cophine as a couple and as such it totally backfires on their plan to push Shaysima on the fans.

Pretty certain if they polled what couple the audience wants to see after 3x10 then Cophine would win by a landslide and their popularity has only been strengthened by S3.

Quote:
Of course Cophine is the picture. Then there is this:
LOL organic with the audience. They know then how Cophine are loved and what they represent to the fandom. They ****ing know.

Quote:
I love Delphine so much that I started crying probably 5 minutes before the actual shooting scene, so I naturally skip the being in shock part of grieve, but man I really can't believe this, I just can't...
Same. Tbh as soon as Nealon said "you'll be dead by morning" my heart sank and I knew where the ep was going and cried almost the entire way through from then until the Sarah/Kira scene, which I promptly turned off in disgust.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
as soon as Nealon said "you'll be dead by morning" my heart sank and I knew where the ep was going
Yeah, when he said it I was like DAMN IT everyone's fears were right
Old 06-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
LOL organic with the audience. They know then how Cophine are loved and what they represent to the fandom. They ****ing know.
It just makes me wonder if the marketing/promo department actually knows what is going on on the show itself. 3x10 was shot and aired before the SCOTUS ruling came out. The love wins stuff was not planned. The ruling came down, they wanted to celebrate with everyone, and the first thing they think of for LGBT love was Cophine. The very same Cophine the show just killed.