Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2015, 12:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosimasWeed (View Post)
There are only 2 possibilities for that behavior: 1) They're truly terrible people who want to keep people hanging around for a year by refusing to give Delphine's death finality in the way they filmed it or by allowing EB to give interviews about it, or 2) Delphine isn't dead.

Without getting too heavily into it, I and others here have speculated that Shay shot her based on several things. I've gone back and forth about that possibility, first thinking yes, then definitely no, but now I'm back to...yes? I've gone over other reasons previously, but EB very deliberately looks her shooter up and down, adding a tiny frown of disgust at the end, just like she did every. freaking. time. she regarded Shay. *If* Shay did do it, huge kudos to EBro on that touch, which she wove into several episodes.

I have a very long theory, which I won't bore anyone with, but basically it comes down to, if Shay did shoot Delphine, there will be no lasting Shaysima, only a waiting game for Cosima to figure it out.

JF said he wanted people asking themselves who did it, so they obviously must have left clues. It's their big cliffhanger. The clues they left point to Shay. They already misdirected away from her being the Castor mole once, so, while I think it's too easy in some respects, they can't keep letting her off the hook. As pissed as I am, I don't buy for a second that Shay is just a "girlfriend." So, yes, there could be a lot of Shaysima in S4 but it might not be what people are expecting.
The Shay D Theory is certainly plausible considering that, one we know she is capable of shooting a gun let alone shoot someone and not kill them considering her military background; and two, the last two episode posters are both linked to Shay and Delphine. The razor blade with the Neolution symbol suggests that Shay is indeed a Neo Mole...and we all know by now that Delphine was the one holding that razor blade. The Dyad card with Cosima's tag number was given to Shay by Delphine and we assume the blood on it is Delphine's blood. I'd like to think that they put more thought into making those posters (i.e. providing clues).

I agree about EBro's reaction if it is indeed Shay. It was subtle yet said so much. It was like her saying "Damn, I knew I was right all along..."
Old 06-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love for this to happen because that'd make the Shay character finally make sense, BUT if that happens then Delphine REALLY needs to survive so she can kill that bitch
Old 06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
Tagging because I can't take out the curse word, and I shouldn't anyway, cause it's awesome
Spoiler:
That is awesome! I am so making that my new desktop wallpaper once I get home.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As much as I think Shay is the only person who makes sense as the shooter (since everyone else was at Bubbles) GM and JF will never do it. They love her too much. They're writing the season now anyway and after the backlash towards Shay then it just means they'll push her and Cosima even more in S4 out of spite. I'll never understand it.
Quote:
I'll never watch that episode again. I'd rather watch Inch'Allah 100 more times.
Same here.

I'm not sure if I get sadder thinking about 3x10 or about how no one will care Delphine is gone in S4. I feel like I'm going to need a constant supply of alcohol if I'm ever going to attempt watching the 4th season.

Quote:
Goddess, she's such a terrific kisser.
Gosh she is indeed. I know this is shallow, but I'm so sad that cophine will never kiss again. There's two seasons left and we're facing them without cophine. It seems so unreal.

Quote:
Tagging because I can't take out the curse word, and I shouldn't anyway, cause it's awesome
Damn it's so good to see that so many people are pissed about this.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

This makes me really sad...

Old 06-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
As much as I think Shay is the only person who makes sense as the shooter (since everyone else was at Bubbles) GM and JF will never do it. They love her too much. They're writing the season now anyway and after the backlash towards Shay then it just means they'll push her and Cosima even more in S4 out of spite. I'll never understand it.

Same here.

I'm not sure if I get sadder thinking about 3x10 or about how no one will care Delphine is gone in S4. I feel like I'm going to need a constant supply of alcohol if I'm ever going to attempt watching the 4th season.

Gosh she is indeed. I know this is shallow, but I'm so sad that cophine will never kiss again. There's two seasons left and we're facing them without cophine. It seems so unreal.

No matter what they do with Shay, I won't be there. I refuse to watch S4 without EB. I can testify to my resolve on that one, because I dropped BtVS cold after Tara. They've ruined Cosima for me, and I will not have my retinas assaulted by anymore Shaysima. If I learn EB returns in some form later, I can always binge. But I'm not suffering in real time any longer.

And, yes, it is shallow, but EB's kissing is legendary. I've noticed individual great kisses in film and TV before, but I've never noticed someone who consistently lays on a good one in every project before. It's truly an art for her.

And people are off the charts pissed. GM and JF's Twitter feeds are still just one long wave of "Save Delphine!!!" and people claiming they won't watch (about a 1/3 of whom are probably telling the truth). And EB's Twitter feed is all love and pleas to return.

It probably won't do any good, but maybe it will inspire them to work a little harder to find a way to make the "story require it," as Graeme put it. EBro may also be taken a little aback, and try a little harder. Who knows?

In any case, TPTB know their lead balloon landed with a massive thud, and EBro knows she is loved.

By the way, I'm going to have to cut my Internet cord when ComiCon happens just so I don't have to endure the bloviating BS that will come out of that event about Delphine's death. The excuses, manchild giggles, and cheap "maybe she'll come back" lines performed in front of sycophantic fans will make me stomp on my iPad.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

This. This is a playing a big part in helping me get through this. Back in my Xena and Buffy days I just had message boards, and among those only a few actually centered around the relationships between these characters. Now with things like Twitter and Tumblr, I can see there are a lot of people who feel the way I do. There are people out there expressing their rage, grief, and disappointment in ways I never could in numbers I didn't think existed. Rage on Delphine fans...rage on.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No matter what they do with Shay, I won't be there. I refuse to watch S4 without EB. I can testify to my resolve on that one, because I dropped BtVS cold after Tara. They've ruined Cosima for me, and I will not have my retinas assaulted by anymore Shaysima. If I learn EB returns in some form later, I can always binge. But I'm not suffering in real time any longer.
Currently I'm waiting for press releases. If there's stuff about clone clyb being mystified by Delphine's disappearance in them then I'll probably tune in to see how that turns out, but if there's nothing and they are going to act like Delphine didn't exist then you couldn't pay me £1million to watch it.

Quote:
And people are off the charts pissed. GM and JF's Twitter feeds are still just one long wave of "Save Delphine!!!" and people claiming they won't watch (about a 1/3 of whom are probably telling the truth). And EB's Twitter feed is all love and pleas to return.
LOL good. I saw Graeme said something about shippers turning bitter.... but really, what does he honestly expect? And tbh he just came off sounding bitter in that tweet. They don't like that we're not all bending over backwards to praise their arses off anymore. They've underestimated the loyalty and love fans have for their already established characters and ship.

Quote:
This. This is a playing a big part in helping me get through this. Back in my Xena and Buffy days I just had message boards, and among those only a few actually centered around the relationships between these characters. Now with things like Twitter and Tumblr, I can see there are a lot of people who feel the way I do. There are people out there expressing their rage, grief, and disappointment in ways I never could in numbers I didn't think existed. Rage on Delphine fans...rage on.
Yeah it's oddly comforting. I hope the complaints keep up. They need to know they ****ed up and that hardly anyone wants Shay replacing Delphine. They are certainly losing the majority of the clonesbians.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Holy ****, that poster's brilliant!

Quote:

I'd need so much alcohol I'd die of alcohol poisoning. No OB without EB for me.

Someone once said "If that makes me shallow, call me kiddie pool". Call me kiddie pool.

Quote:
manchild giggles

Not sure at this point if I'd rather they said something or just kept their mouths shut. I'm bracing myself to hear more bull**** from them.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:09 PM
RH!
New Fan

Quote:
LOL good. I saw Graeme said something about shippers turning bitter.... but really, what does he honestly expect? And tbh he just came off sounding bitter in that tweet. They don't like that we're not all bending over backwards to praise their arses off anymore. They've underestimated the loyalty and love fans have for their already established characters and ship.

Yeah it's oddly comforting. I hope the complaints keep up. They need to know they ****ed up and that hardly anyone wants Shay replacing Delphine. They are certainly losing the majority of the clonesbians.
I feel like its a Canadian showrunner thing to be extremely bitter when people object to what appears on-screen. The fact is if your a showrunner & you lie about something guess what? People are going to be mad. Act flippant about characters, people will get mad. Do the old switcheroo with a relationship, people will get mad. If you cant deal with criticism maybe stay off SM its that simple & tbh I have zero sympathy for their feelings. They want people to be invested but only if you have nothing but positive things to say, thats BS. The fact is shipping isnt a light fun activity, people have their favorites & will get unhappy if their ship sinks or breaks up. That doesnt make someone a bitter shipper and as far as Im concerned to trot out the replacement before the original is gone is pretty ridiculous. Its such bad taste just to expect people to just accept something when this is how you execute it.

Last edited by RH!; 06-24-2015 at 04:30 PM
Old 06-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shoot people's favourite character, people will get mad. I don't even know what planet you have to live on to expect otherwise.

Looks like Fawcett learned well on LG. And then they decided to take it to the next level.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And people are off the charts pissed. GM and JF's Twitter feeds are still just one long wave of "Save Delphine!!!" and people claiming they won't watch (about a 1/3 of whom are probably telling the truth).
OMG, it gives me great satisfaction

And I want to add today was the first day I wasn't crying over Delphine, so progress indeed.
but also today I had my hair cut just like Delphine this season Fortunetely, I planned it two weeks ago, so it wasn't any crazy grieve act and it LOOKS GOOD! another reason to be thankful to Delphine!

THIS POSTER IS AWESOME!
Old 06-24-2015, 07:40 PM
RH!
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansGirlScout (View Post)
Shoot people's favourite character, people will get mad. I don't even know what planet you have to live on to expect otherwise.

Looks like Fawcett learned well on LG. And then they decided to take it to the next level.
Yeah I dont know what he's thinking LG at least didnt go through with changing the female LI after the fans proved the original was popular & you cant just do a swap out and expect no one to notice. The arcs are eerily simliar in regards to switching LI except OB went out & said Delphine is Cosimas soul mate and then killed her off for dramatic effect & to shoehorn their favorite in. Actually it sounds more like LG the more I think about it & after going through that once was enough for me.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
No matter what they do with Shay, I won't be there. I refuse to watch S4 without EB. I can testify to my resolve on that one, because I dropped BtVS cold after Tara. They've ruined Cosima for me, and I will not have my retinas assaulted by anymore Shaysima. If I learn EB returns in some form later, I can always binge.
same, girl. same.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 06-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From Tumblr:

Quote:
I cannot believe that in the last five minutes of the orphan black finale delphine put down her bag stuffed with paintball equipment only to get nailed by cosima from across the parking lot with red paint splatter before she could put her gear on what kind of sportsmanship is that cosima h o n e s t l y
So THAT's what happened!

I think the fact that I can read stuff like that (or see pics like the Delphine/ketchup pic) and laugh show I'm doing much better now, right?