Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)
The love wins stuff was not planned. The ruling came down, they wanted to celebrate with everyone, and the first thing they think of for LGBT love was Cophine. The very same Cophine the show just killed.
THIS is really ironic, in a bad way.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
Yeah, when he said it I was like DAMN IT everyone's fears were right
Same.

It's good that other celebs are speaking up about Delphine; it gives me tiny hope.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-29-2015, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
THIS is really ironic, in a bad way.
An irony that I fear may be lost on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
It's good that other celebs are speaking up about Delphine; it gives me tiny hope.
Me too. If that many people are outraged by it then surely they're going to really think about what their next move is? SURELY?!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
An irony that I fear may be lost on them.
I need them to say something, anything.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
I need them to say something, anything.
Me too--but it's probably a better sign if they don't. If Delphine is just dead, there would be no reason for them to keep their mouths shut. Their silence suggests that they are keeping a secret. It's a bit embarrassing how much I hope that secret is that Delphine lives and reunites with Cosima.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
It's a bit embarrassing how much I hope that secret is that Delphine lives and reunites with Cosima.
The awful thing is that all Delphine fans are living with this hope, and if she is indeed dead then we're all going to be crushed again in a years time. I'm so embittered with OB for dragging out this misery, so damn embittered.

Btw I was watching the 3x01 break up scene yesterday and one of the lines I loved so much from that scene "can't you just talk to me?" hurts even more now that we've gone from Cosima being able to pick up on when Delphine's emotions and behaviour are off, to as TMas put it, not really knowing if Cosima is sensing that something deeper is going on. Maybe it means nothing but I couldn't help but feel a depressing parallel to it.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Their silence suggests that they are keeping a secret. It's a bit embarrassing how much I hope that secret is that Delphine lives and reunites with Cosima.
I've never felt more desperate, tbh.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Btw I was watching the 3x01 break up scene yesterday and one of the lines I loved so much from that scene "can't you just talk to me?" hurts even more now that we've gone from Cosima being able to pick up on when Delphine's emotions and behaviour are off, to as TMas put it, not really knowing if Cosima is sensing that something deeper is going on. Maybe it means nothing but I couldn't help but feel a depressing parallel to it.
One of the things that bugged me all season was the fact that Delphine didn't just talk to her in that scene. I get why she felt she had to (at least temporarily) break up with Cosima, but I don't know why she couldn't explain herself more thoroughly. She could have spared Cosima and herself a lot of heartbreak, and spared all of us the unnecessary intrusion of Shay into the storyline (assuming that Cosima could have resisted online dating for a few weeks while waiting for Delphine to take care of business at DYAD).

I can't see a good reason why she didn't explain beyond the writers' desire to create obstacles and make their relationship an "impossible love." In a well-written tragedy the obstacles feel organic and the ending, while sad, feels inevitable. In this case I just feel like Delphine and Cosima were forced into tragic mode for no good reason. Holding out hope that season four will redeem the situation.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
One of the things that bugged me all season was the fact that Delphine didn't just talk to her in that scene. I get why she felt she had to (at least temporarily) break up with Cosima, but I don't know why she couldn't explain herself more thoroughly. She could have spared Cosima and herself a lot of heartbreak, and spared all of us the unnecessary intrusion of Shay into the storyline (assuming that Cosima could have resisted online dating for a few weeks while waiting for Delphine to take care of business at DYAD).

I can't see a good reason why she didn't explain beyond the writers' desire to create obstacles and make their relationship an "impossible love." In a well-written tragedy the obstacles feel organic and the ending, while sad, feels inevitable. In this case I just feel like Delphine and Cosima were forced into tragic mode for no good reason. Holding out hope that season four will redeem the situation.
You made a really good point here. As you said "one of the things" because les be honest there are a lot of things that are.. incoherant.

I always feel like OB could be really great, and it is sometimes, but the writers aren't able to use what's in front of their noses - the complexity of the characters. They have written a story about CLONES so possibilities here are endless and this kind of show had a chance to create something thought provoking, but instead of that they create too much drama, too much action. But to be honest, not everybody have this deep understanding of human nature to write something like that.

And that is the MAIN PROBLEM with this series, but the amount of these ridiculous behaviours, decisions etc. characters have made just to create drama is extremely irritating too.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I get why she felt she had to (at least temporarily) break up with Cosima, but I don't know why she couldn't explain herself more thoroughly.
Maybe she thought if she explained Cosima would still insist for them to stay together and make it work and they couldn't do that at the time, I don't know I mean, as for the writer's motivation yes, you're right, obviously it was JUST to create drama, plain and simple

But even though she didn't explain more, I STILL thought she was pretty clear that it WAS for Cosima's (and her sisters') well being, and it was even clearer how painful it was for her to be doing that, so Cosima's quick rebound thing and childish behavior is what doesn't make sense to me

^ THIS little moment
Old 06-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Completely agree with this. Before S3 while a fair portion of the Cophine story had been tragic (there were betrayals and Cosima was dying) there was nothing to suggest that what was being told was an "impossible" love. In fact it seemed to be almost the opposite and that this was an overcoming obstacles love, to the point where they weren't just defying the situation they were in, but that they were actually defying death. Cosima came back. Delphine was shipped off, yes, but it still felt like a reunion was inevitable and then S3 has just flown in the face of all of that. The sudden abrupt change from "Listen, this is very much a love story, right at the center of it, it’s a love story between Cosima and Delphine, the two of them are just caught in unfortunate circumstances", to Shay, to then finally "IMPOSSIBLE LOVE" makes no effin' sense.

Quote:
^ THIS little moment
Delphine is so devoted. Cosima was her everything.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Completely agree with this. Before S3 while a fair portion of the Cophine story had been tragic (there were betrayals and Cosima was dying) there was nothing to suggest that what was being told was an "impossible" love. In fact it seemed to be almost the opposite and that this was an overcoming obstacles love, to the point where they weren't just defying the situation they were in, but that they were actually defying death. Cosima came back. Delphine was shipped off, yes, but it still felt like a reunion was inevitable and then S3 has just flown in the face of all of that. The sudden abrupt change from "Listen, this is very much a love story, right at the center of it, it’s a love story between Cosima and Delphine, the two of them are just caught in unfortunate circumstances", to Shay, to then finally "IMPOSSIBLE LOVE" makes no effin' sense.

Delphine is so devoted. Cosima was her everything.
Then you have them posting stuff like this:

WTF is that supposed to mean? I believe that is the same woman who said something about not wanting to piss of the Cophine shippers when discussing Delphine's change this season.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

WTF is that supposed to mean? I believe that is the same woman who said something about not wanting to piss of the Cophine shippers when discussing Delphine's change this season.
That probably just means they'll use a Cophine mouse pad while writing the next Shaysima scene. Whatever, Mackenzie. rolleyes:
Old 06-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Isn't it sad that I actually got happy and hopeful reading that? I mean, no, that does NOT necessarily mean anything positive for Cophine, it does NOT mean Delphine lives, I know all that. But still, I know I'll be happy whenever it's mentioned, hinted at, I know I'll be...well, not happy, but satisfied if we ever see Cosima wondering where Delphine is OR grieving her death and if we ever get to see how much it was her that she truly loved. If we get ANY of the things I just said, I know I'll be happy. And yeah, to answer my own question from the beginning of the post, this IS pretty sad
Old 06-30-2015, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
http://i62.tinypic.com/vqs31s.png
*rolls eyes to infinity*

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]