Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2015, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)
Then you have them posting stuff like this:
http://i62.tinypic.com/vqs31s.png
WTF is that supposed to mean? I believe that is the same woman who said something about not wanting to piss of the Cophine shippers when discussing Delphine's change this season.
What a nice way to confirm or deny nothing.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Then you have them posting stuff like this:
http://i62.tinypic.com/vqs31s.png
WTF is that supposed to mean? I believe that is the same woman who said something about not wanting to piss of the Cophine shippers when discussing Delphine's change this season.
Legit don't even know what to make of their bull**** anymore. I've seen tons of people in the fandom absolutely distraught by the crappy resolution to Delphine's character and here's Mackenzie telling people not to be too upset and using nonchalant emoticons like it's no big deal.

They don't have the right to tell us not to be "too heartbroken" after S3. Maybe if they save Delphine's life, give Shay an actual role that isn't replacement LI, fix Cophine, (or at least if Delphine is dead) have Cosima show feelings and vow to find justice or avenge Delphine, then they can come back and tell the fandom not to be upset. Until then they can STFU. They didn't just (possibly) murder Delphine. They had her fail. They took away her power and all her happiness for nothing and they do not deserve the fandom to give them a pass over this, not when the majority of us are so used to this happening to LGBT characters already. Many people, myself included, dared to dream that OB would finally buck the trend, but they didn't, and they must know it, so they have no right to tell people how to feel.

God they piss me off.

Quote:
Isn't it sad that I actually got happy and hopeful reading that? I mean, no, that does NOT necessarily mean anything positive for Cophine, it does NOT mean Delphine lives, I know all that. But still, I know I'll be happy whenever it's mentioned, hinted at, I know I'll be...well, not happy, but satisfied if we ever see Cosima wondering where Delphine is OR grieving her death and if we ever get to see how much it was her that she truly loved. If we get ANY of the things I just said, I know I'll be happy. And yeah, to answer my own question from the beginning of the post, this IS pretty sad
Sadly it is sad. I don't mean that in an insulting way, just that it is sad that whatever they say now can't be trusted. These were the people who told Cophine shippers not to despair this season. These were the people who said there was always hope for Cophine despite knowing how S3 was going to end. So whatever they say means **** all and knowing they want to forge ahead with the "new and fun" couple that no one cares about proves that they'll waste little time next season focusing on Cosima's love/grief for Delphine, as lbr that totally puts the brakes on Shaysima as Cophine is the stronger love connection and they are never going to sell people on Shay while Cosima remains loving and pining after Delphine.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)

Sadly it is sad. I don't mean that in an insulting way, just that it is sad that whatever they say now can't be trusted. These were the people who told Cophine shippers not to despair this season. These were the people who said there was always hope for Cophine despite knowing how S3 was going to end. So whatever they say means **** all and knowing they want to forge ahead with the "new and fun" couple that no one cares about proves that they'll waste little time next season focusing on Cosima's love/grief for Delphine, as lbr that totally puts the brakes on Shaysima as Cophine is the stronger love connection and they are never going to sell people on Shay while Cosima remains loving and pining after Delphine.
They strung us along all season and want to continue through the hiatus. While at the same time they were trying to build a Shaysima fan base, and it looks like they have succeeded with this. I don't think it was a coincidence that they choose an actress from a show that had a huge lesbian following. Just like lesbian love interests are replaceable so are their fans. I can't help but think there are more casual fans that don't care who Cosima is with (as long as its a woman) as opposed to fans who care about the actual love story. There are many people who don't know or don't care about the history of les/bi characters on tv and never read a single interview from GM or JF pre or post season 3. Could we just be a very vocal minority?
Old 06-30-2015, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
They strung us along all season and want to continue through the hiatus. While at the same time they were trying to build a Shaysima fan base, and it looks like they have succeeded with this. I don't think it was a coincidence that they choose an actress from a show that had a huge lesbian following. Just like lesbian love interests are replaceable so are their fans. I can't help but think there are more casual fans that don't care who Cosima is with (as long as its a woman) as opposed to fans who care about the actual love story. There are many people who don't know or don't care about the history of les/bi characters on tv and never read a single interview from GM or JF pre or post season 3. Could we just be a very vocal minority?
"Why do lesbian characters always die in TV? RIP Tara" this sums it all up forever and ever.

from what I've seen we are bigger than "minority", but is this enough to do something? idk
Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura hollis (View Post)
*rolls eyes to infinity*
Mte.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Completely agree with this. Before S3 while a fair portion of the Cophine story had been tragic (there were betrayals and Cosima was dying) there was nothing to suggest that what was being told was an "impossible" love. In fact it seemed to be almost the opposite and that this was an overcoming obstacles love, to the point where they weren't just defying the situation they were in, but that they were actually defying death. Cosima came back. Delphine was shipped off, yes, but it still felt like a reunion was inevitable and then S3 has just flown in the face of all of that. The sudden abrupt change from "Listen, this is very much a love story, right at the center of it, it’s a love story between Cosima and Delphine, the two of them are just caught in unfortunate circumstances", to Shay, to then finally "IMPOSSIBLE LOVE" makes no effin' sense. (
Yes. Everything you wrote. The U-turn between seasons 2 and 3 is part of what made the whole "tragic impossible love" thing just feel wrong, when all the foreshadowing previously had been pointing in the opposite direction. I mean, come on: "I will never leave you"? "The puppy followed the explorer all the way"? You don't drop hints like this and then never follow through on them; not if your intent is to tell an emotionally satisfying story.

The only options that make sense to me are 1) Delphine's apparent death is just another in the long line of obstacles their love has to overcome. This time D is the one who will come back, and for once Cos will be the one to fight for/help to save her. Or 2) Ebro asked to be written out of the show after season two wrapped. So they couldn't change the ending of 2.10 and are out of necessity doing the best they can to make the "impossible love" angle work. If this is the case though it's really *****y not to give her a proper definitive send off like Paul's and instead leave the fans in agony all hiatus only to kill her for real as S4 begins. And I will not be able to deal if Cosima's story arc for the next two seasons is learning how to live without her "can't live without it" kind of love. Especially if her solution involves Shay as her new love.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
"Why do lesbian characters always die in TV? RIP Tara" this sums it all up forever and ever.
That quote is what I hung my hat on for the longest time. That is what allowed me to trust them. If they want to continue being dicks they could say that Delphine is not a lesbian so they technically didn't kill one.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)

from what I've seen we are bigger than "minority", but is this enough to do something? idk
Agreed I don't think we're the minority either, but it's hard to say.

I don't go out of my way searching for Shaysima things in the fandom (go figure ) and maybe I just follow the right people but I maybe see one or two Shay posts a week, and I constantly get Cophine related stuff.

Even not looking at the potential numbers of who ships what anyone with any intelligence also knows that Cophine connect emotionally more with people anyway. Shaysima... Shaysima are lacking in that department. I never see essays' about their love or w/e, I just see "Shaysima are cute" which even after S1, with Delphine appearing in the same amount of episodes as Shay, people had so much more to say about Cophine. Thus I really don't think Shaysima have even an echo of the positive impact Cosima and Delphine have had on the fandom.

Quote:
The only options that make sense to me are 1) Delphine's apparent death is just another in the long line of obstacles their love has to overcome. This time D is the one who will come back, and for once Cos will be the one to fight for/help to save her. Or 2) Ebro asked to be written out of the show after season two wrapped. So they couldn't change the ending of 2.10 and are out of necessity doing the best they can to make the "impossible love" angle work. If this is the case though it's really *****y not to give her a proper definitive send off like Paul's and instead leave the fans in agony all hiatus only to kill her for real as S4 begins. And I will not be able to deal if Cosima's story arc for the next two seasons is learning how to live without her "can't live without it" kind of love. Especially if her solution involves Shay as her new love.
It could be either 1 or 2.

But IA if it was 2 then the fact that Delphine went out with a whimper in comparison to Paul, doesn't make any sense. Nor does introducing Shay. They just managed to piss even more people off before the final curtain dropped. It's cruel if they knew they had to write her out to then force another LI before she's even gone. That's just cruel and insensitive to what was a dedicated band of followers. If Shay actually had a purpose then it wouldn't be so bad, but they literally just made her Cosima's **** buddy and an obstacle for Cophine that turned out so unnecessary if Delphine was dying and that was the plan all along. It's why I want Shay to be the shooter. Then her introduction and forced romance with Cosima before Delphine was even shot would actually make some bleedin' sense beside the fact that someone close to the clones has got to be neolution if they are everywhere like Nealon claims, and obviously it's not going to be Donnie, Felix or Mrs S.

Quote:
If they want to continue being dicks they could say that Delphine is not a lesbian so they technically didn't kill one.
LOL oh no don't even suggest it.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
That quote is what I hung my hat on for the longest time. That is what allowed me to trust them. If they want to continue being dicks they could say that Delphine is not a lesbian so they technically didn't kill one.
I honestly think I would snap and kill a man if that happened.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

But IA if it was 2 then the fact that Delphine went out with a whimper in comparison to Paul, doesn't make any sense. Nor does introducing Shay. They just managed to piss even more people off before the final curtain dropped. It's cruel if they knew they had to write her out to then force another LI before she's even gone. That's just cruel and insensitive to what was a dedicated band of followers. If Shay actually had a purpose then it wouldn't be so bad, but they literally just made her Cosima's **** buddy and an obstacle for Cophine that turned out so unnecessary if Delphine was dying and that was the plan all along. It's why I want Shay to be the shooter. Then her introduction and forced romance with Cosima before Delphine was even shot would actually make some bleedin' sense beside the fact that someone close to the clones has got to be neolution if they are everywhere like Nealon claims, and obviously it's not going to be Donnie, Felix or Mrs S.
Didn't KS say that her character's motives and future on the show would be revealed in episode 3x10? Did I sleep through it? Or was the scene with Delphine supposed to be it? Did they maybe have a shot showing her to be the shooter but they edited it out of the final product? Or is this just like JG saying that Felix and Cosima were going to bond over being lonely and we get 1 small scene?
Old 06-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sadly it is sad. I don't mean that in an insulting way
Oh no, I know you don't, and I know that tweet doesn't confirm or deny anything, but I still liked it, and to be honest I'm just tired of being angry, so I'm choosing to look at it positively for now
Old 07-01-2015, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't go out of my way searching for Shaysima things in the fandom (go figure ) and maybe I just follow the right people but I maybe see one or two Shay posts a week, and I constantly get Cophine related stuff.
I don't have much time for tumblr these days but I very quickly started unfollowing anyone who was particularly vocal about Cosima/Shay in a really uncool way or anyone who didn't tag properly. I don't regret it at all. My dash has been pretty nice since then.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Didn't KS say that her character's motives and future on the show would be revealed in episode 3x10? Did I sleep through it? Or was the scene with Delphine supposed to be it? Did they maybe have a shot showing her to be the shooter but they edited it out of the final product? Or is this just like JG saying that Felix and Cosima were going to bond over being lonely and we get 1 small scene?
Tbh I have no idea. I didn't think anything re: Shay was made clear. But that's this show for you.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I honestly think I would snap and kill a man if that happened.
we'd be cell mates

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-02-2015, 03:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

So I return all happy about that aced exam and from having binged on the terrific Sense8, and then I see THIS...

That's like "Delphine is dead but she'll always live on in our hearts". Go frak yourself with a motherfraking cactus! Just what the everliving frak are they thinking? Ô.o