Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Sofia my dear girl if yre gonna kill a biatch do it with some organization cause look what happens when you don't
sofia doesn't give af about anything and that's why i love her. she's not about to let "logic" or "laws" get in her way.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-20-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wow, sounds like 's all around are needed.
Indeed
Old 02-21-2017, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Week two of doing training/projects and I'm so ready to just get back to my normal work (Can't believe I'm saying that ). I'm sitting in the same room I was in last week, a room that doesn't have any windows, and I'm eating work catered lunches and snacks every day. I've never eaten so much at work! And given how tired I am after work I don't think I'm working off all the food they're giving us. Catering is good in small doses but I'm over it now. So ready for this week to be over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
good luck!
Thanks, fingers crossed it goes okay.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you guys good at writing personal statements? Every time I apply for a job or a university overseas, I always dread this part, I never know what to say in these things
Old 02-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Are you guys good at writing personal statements? Every time I apply for a job or a university overseas, I always dread this part, I never know what to say in these things
i'm crap at them.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm usually really bad at them but I wrote one for my Uni applications which turned out to be quite good (with some minor retractions). I always find it best to write like a rough draft, sleep on it & then go back to it the next day with fresh eyes.

I was rewatching some Aurelia scenes on Sunday cause sometimes you just NEED to, and my eyes came across some monstrosities that you should just never have to deal with Anyone that says Candela and that girl have chemistry should see their optician immediately, cause if a screen cap is making me feel cringe af I do not wanna know how that looks in motion

Last edited by SRBleyton4ever; 02-21-2017 at 01:05 PM
Old 02-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
I was rewatching some Aurelia scenes on Sunday cause sometimes you just NEED to, and my eyes came across some monstrosities that you should just never have to deal with Anyone that says Candela and that girl have chemistry should see their optician immediately, cause if a screen cap is making me feel cringe af I do not wanna know how that looks in motion
i love the absolute zero amount of effort candela put into the show after luz left. that and her complete lack of acknowledgement of the show and anything not-aurelia on social media is truly outstanding. her saltiness is unrivaled.

cleanse your palette:

S T A R D U S T
Old 02-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
writing, yes, talking... no

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 02-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm no good, not even at writing I just don't think i've done anything so great that will make anyone think wow THIS person is exactly the kid of student we want. I read the examples of personal statements and they all sound so stuck up and fake
Old 02-22-2017, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I know what personal statements are for uni, but what are they for a job? For jobs all we do are give our resume and a cover letter where we say why we should get the job. Is that the same thing?

If so, I'm pretty crap at them if my interview success rate vs the number of jobs I've applied for says anything.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I'm no good, not even at writing I just don't think i've done anything so great that will make anyone think wow THIS person is exactly the kid of student we want. I read the examples of personal statements and they all sound so stuck up and fake
My personal statement was about how I've always had a passion for writing & media, with examples and what it was that really stuck with me, being bullied after I moved house & how that inspired me to get into writing scripts. Then it was just about how I'd progressed from there, the options I'd explored, the stuff I'm involved with now & how I think that'd make me a good student I got told by my Teacher to take out the parts where I'd quit courses before because 'that makes a University doubt your commitment' and 'sometimes you can be too honest for your own good'. But that personal statement has got me 3 offers from Uni's albeit with one I'm not doing anything past the visit day I think you are right though that example statements sound stuck up and fake, cause we had to look at one before submitting & I was just like I think the best anyone can be is themselves cause that's what the Uni's interested in.

Thank you Twist for brightening up this page, even if I do just at these adorable, love-struck dummies
Old 02-22-2017, 05:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Thank you Twist for brightening up this page, even if I do just at these adorable, love-struck dummies

S T A R D U S T
Old 02-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Seriously?! They're so fcking perfect and I will forever be bitter #wecouldvehaditall. Like I've shipped a lot of f/f couples that've been through questionable writing, but Aurelia are just on a whole other hemisphere & I'm just

I finally got my filming permission through to shoot this weekend......only cause this sht has taken so long I only now have 1 actress available for a 6 actress shoot. So in between throwing out casting ads like no tomorrow, I'm also looking into shooting the same person from behind, using dolls & animation Like this is so unorganised cause my college is so slow & don't properly tell us info when we need it & this poor, innocent actress is asking me if we're gonna do rehearsals before we shoot. I really wish I could, but that'd involve having some actresses NOT email me to say they're on another project, when they're the ones telling me they're available. To summarize this 6 minute film will be a giant mess that in 84yrs time I'll be erasing from existence
Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
My personal statement was about how I've always had a passion for writing & media, with examples and what it was that really stuck with me, being bullied after I moved house & how that inspired me to get into writing scripts. Then it was just about how I'd progressed from there, the options I'd explored, the stuff I'm involved with now & how I think that'd make me a good student I got told by my Teacher to take out the parts where I'd quit courses before because 'that makes a University doubt your commitment' and 'sometimes you can be too honest for your own good'. But that personal statement has got me 3 offers from Uni's albeit with one I'm not doing anything past the visit day I think you are right though that example statements sound stuck up and fake, cause we had to look at one before submitting & I was just like I think the best anyone can be is themselves cause that's what the Uni's interested in.
Thank you so much for sharing this
Old 02-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

No problem