Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Seriously?! They're so fcking perfect and I will forever be bitter #wecouldvehaditall. Like I've shipped a lot of f/f couples that've been through questionable writing, but Aurelia are just on a whole other hemisphere & I'm just
they really are perfect. the new writers didn't understand them at all, that's why they ended like they did. i don't even like to say they were "ruined", because they weren't "ruined", not in the way that other couples are (like cheating). aurelia's happy ending was stolen, but even until the bitter end they were always 110% loyal to each other (to a fault!) and always knew and said they were soulmates -- and, knowing how much of their souls candela & luz put into this -- because of this, their ending wasn't "ruined". besides, they found each other in san junipero in the end anyway, lbr.

for me, aurelia is the THE perfect couple. no one else could ever compare. i was actually talking with a friend about this the other day. how it feels hard to "move on" and go back to/start shipping other couples because we always compare them to aurelia and no one compares to them.

S T A R D U S T
Old 02-23-2017, 06:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Apparently I'm a selfish btch because I don't understand & apologize to my mum for her being stressed over my College project Because me making comments about all the work I'm doing (finding locations, getting letters of approval, arranging times to go to said locations, constantly having to audition actresses as people keep dropping out due to conflicts, back & forth email with the equipment manage at college over where I pick the equipment up from & making jokes about how I'm gonna have to really use skills) is so stressful for her that she's getting migraines & I should feel bad about this ...... I'm having to do all the work of what would be a production team of people, and when I point out I'm doing this all on my own because getting production people onto a project with no pay is even harder than finding actresses ....... I get nothing. Like I'm understanding to the fact she is disabled & her head can't cope with all this sht & her partner is letting me use his garden but that's where his involvement ends ....... But I'm selfish for not apologizing for the face she's got a migraine & questioning how tf she's getting stressed over sht she's hearing about in passing when I'm the one doing it all ..... I feel as if there's a serious logic bypass here & I'm not going to be guilt-tripped into apologizing for talking about work because everyone does that, and she's my fcking mum. She can constantly tell me about her sht even when she knows I don't gaf & waste precious energy moaning about celebrities doing sht that don't even affect her, she can deal with me making sarcastic comments about an assignment that I will be glad to be done with. Parents are just so annoying at the best of times

Quote:
i don't even like to say they were "ruined", because they weren't "ruined", not in the way that other couples are (like cheating). aurelia's happy ending was stolen, but even until the bitter end they were always 110% loyal to each other (to a fault!) and always knew and said they were soulmates
Agree completely. I'll always be bitter over what they got for an ending and people trying to say be happy with the newbie 'because it's better than Celia being paired with Velasco' like what kind of logic is that, and I refuse to acknowledge anything that happened past Aurora proposing to Celia the 2nd time because even though it was a stupid plot it gave us some nice moments & I can live with that In general I'm just really jaded with shipping. Fandoms are way too intense and so fcking extra these days it takes some of the enjoyment out, then there's shtty writers & having to deal with 2 minutes of screen time that annoys the fck out of me. Couples I've shipped in the past have all had something about them that stood out, and even when they have in some cases ended badly (because I just HAVE to ship couples that have one half killed off) it's so hard to move on. Like once you've found IT, what's the point in trying to ship something new
Old 02-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Agree completely. I'll always be bitter over what they got for an ending and people trying to say be happy with the newbie 'because it's better than Celia being paired with Velasco' like what kind of logic is that, and I refuse to acknowledge anything that happened past Aurora proposing to Celia the 2nd time because even though it was a stupid plot it gave us some nice moments & I can live with that
tbh the show ends for me with them running away to argentina because i love the idea of them getting to ~live freely~ somewhere and accomplishing all their dreams and being happy and in love. i kind of just ignore the lead-up to that because it was stupid and clear that the new writers understood NOTHING about what came before (like how the arganzuela residents LOVED them and would have never treated them badly). argentina was the originally ending for them before RTVE decided to tack on an extra 4 months of episodes, so argentina is the ending i'm sticking with.

also fck the new girl and fck velasco especially. the show went to crap when velasco arrived. FACT.

Quote:
In general I'm just really jaded with shipping. Fandoms are way too intense and so fcking extra these days it takes some of the enjoyment out, then there's shtty writers & having to deal with 2 minutes of screen time that annoys the fck out of me. Couples I've shipped in the past have all had something about them that stood out, and even when they have in some cases ended badly (because I just HAVE to ship couples that have one half killed off) it's so hard to move on. Like once you've found IT, what's the point in trying to ship something new
you're totally right. i've been in many fandoms before and recently it's become just Too Much (tm). like i totally understand that writers are crappy and it sucks to get 2 min of screentime, but complaining about it all the time is so tiring. i'm not saying to just be happy with scraps, not at all. but not every single show was created to revolve around a f/f couple and/or a side character. i'm not gonna act like cophine should be in 90% of every episode (though i'd like it ) because the show isn't about them. it's not and it never was. call out double standards, sure, but there is a LINE and fandom doesn't get that.

and we all know i'm picky with couples. but it's because i get really attached to some and i compare everything else to them. for example, i'm still holding onto ships like freaking palex that ended in 2007 because imho they were well-written/had a good and relatable story and i don't think many teen f/f ships are ever as good.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Apparently I'm a selfish btch because I don't understand & apologize to my mum for her being stressed over my College project Because me making comments about all the work I'm doing (finding locations, getting letters of approval, arranging times to go to said locations, constantly having to audition actresses as people keep dropping out due to conflicts, back & forth email with the equipment manage at college over where I pick the equipment up from & making jokes about how I'm gonna have to really use skills) is so stressful for her that she's getting migraines & I should feel bad about this ...... I'm having to do all the work of what would be a production team of people, and when I point out I'm doing this all on my own because getting production people onto a project with no pay is even harder than finding actresses ....... I get nothing. Like I'm understanding to the fact she is disabled & her head can't cope with all this sht & her partner is letting me use his garden but that's where his involvement ends ....... But I'm selfish for not apologizing for the face she's got a migraine & questioning how tf she's getting stressed over sht she's hearing about in passing when I'm the one doing it all ..... I feel as if there's a serious logic bypass here & I'm not going to be guilt-tripped into apologizing for talking about work because everyone does that, and she's my fcking mum. She can constantly tell me about her sht even when she knows I don't gaf & waste precious energy moaning about celebrities doing sht that don't even affect her, she can deal with me making sarcastic comments about an assignment that I will be glad to be done with. Parents are just so annoying at the best of times
I'm so sorry to hear this You know you can always rant here, if it helps

Quote:
like i totally understand that writers are crappy and it sucks to get 2 min of screentime, but complaining about it all the time is so tiring. i'm not saying to just be happy with scraps, not at all. but not every single show was created to revolve around a f/f couple and/or a side character. i'm not gonna act like cophine should be in 90% of every episode (though i'd like it ) because the show isn't about them. it's not and it never was
THIS!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

i just found out what luz refused to do and why she was fired from 6H, and two things:

1. i love luz valdenebro with all my heart and i would follow her into hell

2. i am finally at peace and am actually glad aurora died; in retrospect, it's the best thing that could have happened to aurora/aurelia

S T A R D U S T
Old 02-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you going to tell us or what?
Old 02-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We're all on tenterhooks here Twist.
Quote:
Like i totally understand that writers are crappy and it sucks to get 2 min of screentime, but complaining about it all the time is so tiring. i'm not saying to just be happy with scraps, not at all. but not every single show was created to revolve around a f/f couple and/or a side character.
Yo' I know you aren't talking about the sanvers fandom but this is the exact same thing happening right now. It's one of the various reasons I've had to step away from tumblr for a bit because omg the moaning is insufferable. I ****ing love sanvers, but supergirl is not about them, never will be, they are just part of it and so far they've been done well enough. The only legitimate gripe is that Maggie isn't as fleshed out as everyone else, and I'm hoping before the season ends that changes, but people are throwing in the towel over it already and I just can't. It's like a ship gets popular and then the fandom suddenly has 1000 expectations for every episode and if they don't get met then it's **** and the writers heads are being called for. Sanvers just had some wonderful material in the valentines day episode but you wouldn't damn know it from some of the comments I've seen. [/rant]

Just in case anyone wanted an update on my brother in law he's actually back at home now! He's on warfarin and a another drug which is breaking the clot he's had down (but it does it progressively, so I'm not entirely sure if he's still taking that or what) and he's relatively back to his old self with some speech and mobility problems but not to a degree where he has to completely learn how to walk/talk again. So yeah it's looking good. He's no longer allowed to drive and I'm not sure what's happening about his job, but my sisters a GP anyway so I'm sure their income is more than comfortable from her contribution alone. So yeah it's a relief it could have been so much worse.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

alright, i'll tell you.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Yo' I know you aren't talking about the sanvers fandom but this is the exact same thing happening right now. It's one of the various reasons I've had to step away from tumblr for a bit because omg the moaning is insufferable. I ****ing love sanvers, but supergirl is not about them, never will be, they are just part of it and so far they've been done well enough. The only legitimate gripe is that Maggie isn't as fleshed out as everyone else, and I'm hoping before the season ends that changes, but people are throwing in the towel over it already and I just can't. It's like a ship gets popular and then the fandom suddenly has 1000 expectations for every episode and if they don't get met then it's **** and the writers heads are being called for. Sanvers just had some wonderful material in the valentines day episode but you wouldn't damn know it from some of the comments I've seen. [/rant]
i was marginally talking about them, but only because a friend of mine HATES the fandom because all they do is complain about every single thing and it's like, "no fun allowed", basically. from what i've seen, it's true. obvs there's stuff everyone dislikes about how a couple is handled but i hate the way fandoms are overly negative now and won't enjoy the good stuff at all.

Quote:
Just in case anyone wanted an update on my brother in law he's actually back at home now! He's on warfarin and a another drug which is breaking the clot he's had down (but it does it progressively, so I'm not entirely sure if he's still taking that or what) and he's relatively back to his old self with some speech and mobility problems but not to a degree where he has to completely learn how to walk/talk again. So yeah it's looking good. He's no longer allowed to drive and I'm not sure what's happening about his job, but my sisters a GP anyway so I'm sure their income is more than comfortable from her contribution alone. So yeah it's a relief it could have been so much worse.
good to hear!
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
alright, i'll tell you.

Spoiler:
Well crap. That's awful. The 6H writers have no decency at all for being called out on what a ****ty s/l they were planning but then doing it anyway with a new character. just so gross.
I'm glad you can be at peace with it anyway.

Quote:
i was marginally talking about them, but only because a friend of mine HATES the fandom because all they do is complain about every single thing and it's like, "no fun allowed", basically. from what i've seen, it's true. obvs there's stuff everyone dislikes about how a couple is handled but i hate the way fandoms are overly negative now and won't enjoy the good stuff at all.
This. This. This. The fandom was pretty good before the mid-season hiatus but now it's just people screaming blue murder at each other and anyone who dares to have a different more laid back opinion. I mean I like Supergirl but I'm not deluding myself into think it's anything great, it's a superhero show...... they are all pretty low bar when it comes to the actual writing. I'm just here to enjoy the ride.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't even know what to say, Twist
Old 02-23-2017, 08:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm glad you can be at peace with it anyway.
Look. The show changed writers at some point, and the new writers clearly never understood Aurelia at all. Clearly were going to do the ****ty story line regardless. So I'm glad that at least my ship didn't have to suffer. I would rather have Aurora die, and for Aurelia to go out having been unblemished, than have this. Truthfully? They should have never even conceived of the storyline. But they did and it was going to happen no matter what. And unfortunately, no one can go back in time and change what happened. So all things considered, I'm at peace, and I'm happy. And that's that I guess. yesterday, I was so depressed about Aurelia. Since Aurora died, I've been pretty depressed about it and I've cried a lot over it. I know they're just fictional characters, but they meant a lot to me. And today was the first day that I geniunely felt okay with everything. I don't feel sad anymore, or bitter, or anything. I'll always love them and miss them, and no one will ever compare to them, but now for the first time I feel like I can "move on". And, you know what? In five years I'll have forgotten everything bad that happened with this couple and I'll have nothing but the good memories. That's always what happens in the end.

Sorry, I'm getting emotional. I just have a lot of feelings!

ETA: Really, Celia died when Aurora died. Celia said herself that it'd always be an open wound for her and that she'd never get over it. I know in my heart that the "real" ending would be Celia living out her life and being happy and fighting as she always did, and in the end, being at peace when she dies because she gets to be with Aurora again. That's who Celia REALLY was. This Celia now is just someone who never existed before. The end.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 02-23-2017 at 08:46 PM
Old 02-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In five years I'll have forgotten everything bad that happened with this couple and I'll have nothing but the good memories. That's always what happens in the end
You're so lucky you're able to forget and keep the good memories. I usually get so angry at the show I forget why I even liked it in the first place and can never look at it again, not even for the good parts, because they remind me of how crappy it got later and then I get angry again and it's an endless cycle
Old 02-23-2017, 09:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
You're so lucky you're able to forget and keep the good memories. I usually get so angry at the show I forget why I even liked it in the first place and can never look at it again, not even for the good parts, because they remind me of how crappy it got later and then I get angry again and it's an endless cycle
It depends on the show. If they had gone through with the storyline it definitely would have ruined everything for me for the rest of my life. But, usually I just stop watching the show before it gets to the point that I hate it completely. Like, I do hate PLL, but I don't hate Paily specifically. And I've honestly forgotten most of the plots. Just remember the Paily scenes and how good they were, and how much I loved them. even Skins. Nowadays I pretty much just remember the good Naomily scenes that I love so much. Not much else. I'm very good at blocking things out.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-23-2017, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Like I said, lucky you

I was browsing Netflix looking for something new to watch and accidentally clicked on a Korean show named Operation Proposal. Korean shows are a whole different level of drama And this one isn't even a drama, it's more like a romantic comedy most of the time, but when the guy sees the girl marrying someone else he criiiiiiiiiiiies like there's no tomorrow, I don't know if that was supposed to be funny, but it made me laugh so hard, like dude come on
Old 02-24-2017, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My cousins love kdramas but I've not yet been convinced into watching any.

So I was meant to be doing a few presentations this week as part of my training, but on Wednesday night I got food poisoning and was so weak and dehydrated that I couldn't go back to work for the rest of the week and actually give the presentations. I felt bad about not being able to go but I wasn't the only person in the training that got sick. It's kind of hilarious because I dread any sort of presentation, but also I've never had food poisoning this bad before and it was hell. Supposedly the trainers are going to help me pass the training at a later date, but they came in from another country for it so not sure how that's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
alright, i'll tell you.

Spoiler:
Good on her for standing up against the writers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
This. This. This. The fandom was pretty good before the mid-season hiatus but now it's just people screaming blue murder at each other and anyone who dares to have a different more laid back opinion. I mean I like Supergirl but I'm not deluding myself into think it's anything great, it's a superhero show...... they are all pretty low bar when it comes to the actual writing. I'm just here to enjoy the ride.
I'm so glad I don't see that on my dash. The only Supergirl complaints I see are the ones about Mon-El and those are all valid.