Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2017, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh, DP.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Wow..... here was me thinking the most brain numbing thing that'd meet me this week is the girl in my class who I am very glad does not have enough qualifications to be a law student.

Quote:
1. i love luz valdenebro with all my heart and i would follow her into hell

2. i am finally at peace and am actually glad aurora died; in retrospect, it's the best thing that could have happened to aurora/aurelia
All of this. Like I honestly don't know what else to say. It's disgusting & any actress that says 'fck this sht I'm out' at something like that is basically my best friend. I don't know wtf these new writers are smoking, but I pray they never write for anything ever again if that's the depth of their creativity.

Quote:
Sanvers just had some wonderful material in the valentines day episode but you wouldn't damn know it from some of the comments I've seen.
The only gripe I've seen, and it's one my mum who doesn't even know what shipping is agrees with, is why Sanvers have to make do with like a 5 second kiss whilst Bland-El & Kara are jumping it on the sofa. They have the same conversation 3 times over in an ep & Bland-el takes up so much screen time that I would rather go on like any other character. I don't honestly think any character on the show has been fleshed out well this season, I miss Alex & J'onn out in the field with Kara, I miss Danver sister moments & I could really do with more Kara/Maggie scenes.

Quote:
Like, I do hate PLL, but I don't hate Paily specifically. And I've honestly forgotten most of the plots. Just remember the Paily scenes and how good they were, and how much I loved them. even Skins. Nowadays I pretty much just remember the good Naomily scenes that I love so much. Not much else. I'm very good at blocking things out.
I really hate Tweetdeck cause it does not do a goob job blocking Emison crap the PLL accounts tweet from my dash. Every now & then something Emison related comes up & I have to redo the filters cause I just don't need that in my life. Your problematic, toxic af couple is getting an undeserved endgame be happy! Don't tell Paily fans who comment on stuff the PLL accounts tweet to go kill themselves or mock them. It's seriously so gross & I don't care how passionate you are or 'it's just words I obviously don't mean it' telling someone to kill themselves is pure & simple not ok. I loved Paily & I think with a different showrunner who doesn't bow down to the most vocal fandom, they could've been really great. Instead I'm settling for ok & not watching the final part of the season because there is no way that Emily Fields would reject Paige to end up with Alison & no way Alison would actually be serious about being with Emily. S3 Naomily will always be awesome & S4 can just go diaf. I was never planning on watching the new Star Wars movies even before what happened that never happened! Because you are not ruining my first ever OTP biatches I find it really easy to block things out when the writing is so shtty, cause it's like why would anyone want to acknowledge this crap?

I can't believe I've lived where I live now for 3+ years and never realized my local supermarket sells milkybar until yesterday, or noticed my mum occasionally buying them
Old 02-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Good on her for standing up against the writers!
Quote:
All of this. Like I honestly don't know what else to say. It's disgusting & any actress that says 'fck this sht I'm out' at something like that is basically my best friend. I don't know wtf these new writers are smoking, but I pray they never write for anything ever again if that's the depth of their creativity.
mte. i love luz. i don't hate candela though because she was under contract and she protested against the writers in the ways she could. like, she openly told fans on twitter to flame the writers.

Quote:
The only gripe I've seen, and it's one my mum who doesn't even know what shipping is agrees with, is why Sanvers have to make do with like a 5 second kiss whilst Bland-El & Kara are jumping it on the sofa.
and yet no one seems to realize that it's because it's the CW and they love white hets. i'm sure the writers would love to do more with sanvers, but look at the network they're on. (and yes sara on LoT gets to have sexual stuff, but she's also never ever given a stable female LI, so that's not any better.)

Quote:
Your problematic, toxic af couple is getting an undeserved endgame be happy!
emison fans can't let it go. they're insecure. they know that their endgame is nothing but sloppily tacked on at the end to appease them. they'll never get 1/5th of the things paily had. they know it and they're insanely jealous about it. for all they'll pontificate about the ~~epic love story emison had, they know deep down that they were given NOTHING and were expected to be content with it. and it kills them.

Quote:
S3 Naomily will always be awesome & S4 can just go diaf.
it's so easy to ignore anything past S3 because the writing was atrocious and destroyed literally every character/ship.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

dp. hates me this morning.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
and yet no one seems to realize that it's because it's the CW and they love white hets. i'm sure the writers would love to do more with sanvers, but look at the network they're on. (and yes sara on LoT gets to have sexual stuff, but she's also never ever given a stable female LI, so that's not any better.)
Partially I think it's to do with the network but also all the DC Shows on the network share the same people, and every show is horrible in terms of screen time/characterization/romance. Error did my bb Laurel Lance & Katie Cassidy so fcking dirty, The Flash don't have a clue what to do with their female characters & LoT I didn't watch past the 3rd ep & I think all the DC Shows are on a decline because of it? We've been shown that in the right hands female characters/storylines in general can be better, so do better

Quote:
emison fans can't let it go. they're insecure. they know that their endgame is nothing but sloppily tacked on at the end to appease them. they'll never get 1/5th of the things paily had. they know it and they're insanely jealous about it. for all they'll pontificate about the ~~epic love story emison had, they know deep down that they were given NOTHING and were expected to be content with it. and it kills them.
Being completely honest, I can't for the life of me work out why people ship Emison on the show. Even with the likes of Chair on Gossip Girl or Delena on Vampire Diaries, I could understand why people are drawn to them. I don't agree with it because they are completely toxic relationships, and I worry for fans that think of these as love because some are young & impressionable & can be led to think that's what they should look for in a partner, but I could understand it but show Emison? I hit a logic block. I know it's been a long time since I watched the show, and I may have missed some stuff but I severely doubt it. You watch a Paily scene & it doesn't really matter what the circumstances are, you feel the history & chemistry between the characters. Emison don't have that & I will forever proclaim #wecouldvehaditall, but at the same time I don't really give a damn cause I don't care about PLL

Since production of my movie has been put back to the next weekend, I am using my time extremely wisely. Yes! Instead of going over my news writing assignment, I'm trying to finish GH s2 and I've got 2 eps left now so I'm really happy Only Javier could be stupid enough to fake being deaf & then thank the Dr for relieving him from duty.

I was talking to my mum's partner about GH and he said he gave up watching halfway through the first ep cause it was dry, boring & didn't have a story. Like I know everyone has different tastes but seriously?! How can you call GH boring? How can it not have a story when every ep is over a bloody hour & packed to the brim with bloody story? I just, I weep for people's bad tastes I really do

Last edited by SRBleyton4ever; 02-24-2017 at 04:49 PM
Old 02-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Being completely honest, I can't for the life of me work out why people ship Emison on the show. Even with the likes of Chair on Gossip Girl or Delena on Vampire Diaries, I could understand why people are drawn to them. I don't agree with it because they are completely toxic relationships, and I worry for fans that think of these as love because some are young & impressionable & can be led to think that's what they should look for in a partner, but I could understand it but show Emison? I hit a logic block. I know it's been a long time since I watched the show, and I may have missed some stuff but I severely doubt it. You watch a Paily scene & it doesn't really matter what the circumstances are, you feel the history & chemistry between the characters. Emison don't have that & I will forever proclaim #wecouldvehaditall, but at the same time I don't really give a damn cause I don't care about PLL
RIGHT. I saw this tweet that was like, "I tried to look deeper, but I just couldn't see it. [Emison] just looks like an infatuation and some experimentation" and that sums up exactly how I feel. And it rustles my jimmies sfm because book!Emison was COMPLEX. No, they were not healthy at all, and they were never portrayed as such, but there was a real story there, Emily had real character growth, it was actually IMPORTANT to the overall story in the books. And MK ruined all of that because she just wanted to pander to shippers (while also hardly even pandering, just giving them scraps).

And yes, there are lots of ships I don't like and I think are bad, but I GET how young fans could like them. But there is just NOTHING THERE with Emison. History, in a sense, but you'd never know it because the show never acknowledges it. There's no connection at all. At least in the books there was a CONNECTION, even if it was bad; you knew Ali and Emily's fates were entwined. The show? No. It's like watching nothing.

Quote:
I was talking to my mum's partner about GH and he said he gave up watching halfway through the first ep cause it was dry, boring & didn't have a story. Like I know everyone has different tastes but seriously?! How can you call GH boring? How can it not have a story when every ep is over a bloody hour & packed to the brim with bloody story? I just, I weep for people's bad tastes I really do
What kind of bad taste even.

S T A R D U S T
Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The only Supergirl complaints I see are the ones about Mon-El and those are all valid.
truth. and it's not just a fan thing. I've honestly read about 4 articles since monday discussing how mon-el is ruining the show. and I don't mean articles from autostraddle/afterellen, I mean ew.com (who in the same article said sanvers is the best thing about this season), av club, etc. it's... bad.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 02-25-2017, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
truth. and it's not just a fan thing. I've honestly read about 4 articles since monday discussing how mon-el is ruining the show. and I don't mean articles from autostraddle/afterellen, I mean ew.com (who in the same article said sanvers is the best thing about this season), av club, etc. it's... bad.
Yep, you know when all the reviewers are saying it's bad too, then it must be really bad. Mon-El goes against everything that Supergirl and the show are against yet the writers seem to have no problem pushing that. It makes zero sense.

Still, I unfortunately seem to have a few people on my dash, including one of my closer friends, who ship Kara with him. Thank god for blacklisting.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, what is with the DPs lately, FF?
Old 02-25-2017, 06:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yep, you know when all the reviewers are saying it's bad too, then it must be really bad. Mon-El goes against everything that Supergirl and the show are against yet the writers seem to have no problem pushing that. It makes zero sense.
I honestly think the only reason Chris is on the show is because the network love him. He started out on The Carrie Diaries, then moved to Vampire Diaries, was a main cast member on Containment and got a role on Supergirl when that finished. I actually don't think Bland-El would be so bad if he wasn't forced onto the viewers so much, and he's not really written well? Like Vampire Diaries Chris shines cause he's playing a villain, doesn't take up a lot of screen time & owns the role of the villain & Containment was done by the same people so they knew how to write for him, but on Supergirl it just don't work? I know people try to justify it by claiming Bland-El is part of comic canon & the show needs all these extra people because otherwise it'd be boring but I don't think it would. Supergirl worked really well last year because everything had the right balance, and you can claim Internet fandom is a small portion of the viewers, but when you have reputable media outlets saying the same sht? Don't think you can ignore that.

Quote:
What kind of bad taste even.
It's puzzling. He tried to claim that he's always telling me about shows I think are crap, but they're legitimate complaints since he's big on the likes of Dr Who & Downton Abbey I am so glad I am finally onto s3 of GH cause I love Maite from the clips I've watched And low-key could've lived with her & Julio together Diego is in my top 5 list of most hated characters ever, cause every time you think he can't sink lower, he finds another level of despicable From the s2 finale I'm gathering Diego was the one who poisoned don Carlos, all cause the man had enough taste & logic not to want Diego marrying Alicia. Then forcing Teresa to hand the hotel over to him in exchange for freedom, and his whole speech to Teresa explaining what he did to Alicia is vomit inducing, but I have to remember men & the law did think that way back in those times & be very glad that I know how this show ends When I first started watching I thought Alfredo was a complete imbecile but he kinda grows on you, and I just love Sofia. The level of disgust she had with Andres joining their dinner table & questioning him was so funny I definitely need to make a GIF of Maite slapping Diego because my oh my I love you, Ayala gets the best fcking lines, I don't know why I found that scene with the dogs so funny & Sofia waking up in a room full of dead people

Last edited by SRBleyton4ever; 02-25-2017 at 06:40 AM
Old 02-25-2017, 06:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
the 5 seconds i've seen of mon-el was painful. i agree with THOSE fan complaints.

Quote:
I am so glad I am finally onto s3 of GH cause I love Maite from the clips I've watched And low-key could've lived with her & Julio together
i really, really think that maite was supposed to be in love with alicia, but they backed down in the end. everything she says is just so vague; when she's talking about julio it could just as easily be alicia instead.

Quote:
and his whole speech to Teresa explaining what he did to Alicia is vomit inducing, but I have to remember men & the law did think that way back in those times & be very glad that I know how this show ends
how great was it that teresa straight-up wanted to murder him when she found out what he did? it might have been the law, but nobody in that show was gonna let that kind of disgusting behavior fly.

Quote:
When I first started watching I thought Alfredo was a complete imbecile but he kinda grows on you, and I just love Sofia. The level of disgust she had with Andres joining their dinner table & questioning him was so funny
yes, alfredo does come to grow on you. and i love everything about s3 of sofia. i love her actually feeling guilty for her actions for 5 minutes. i love her continuing to keep ****ing up. wait until you see how things end for her.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, guys, I got caught up in one of my favorite book series
Old 02-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Sorry I didn't post yesterday, guys, I got caught up in one of my favorite book series
what series?
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's the Cormoran Strike series, by JK Rowling (she signs as Robert Galbraith in this series). It's supposed to be a tv series too, sometime this year I'm reading the third book now, Career Of Evil, and it's been the best so far, specially for my ship
Old 02-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh, i didn't know it was a series.
S T A R D U S T