Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2015, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gossip Girl #3 - "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get drunk enough to make you all seem interesting."

Welcome to the Gossip Girl thread

Because even though the show is over, we're still here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Main Cast

|Blair Waldorf/Leighton Meester
|Chuck Bass/Ed Westwick
|Dan Humphrey/Penn Badgley
|Eric Van der Woodsen/Connor Paolo
|Dorota Kishlovsky/Zuzanna Szadkowski
|Ivy Dickens/Kaylee Defer
|Jenny Humphrey/Taylor Momsen
|Lily Van der Woodsen/Kelly Rutherford
|Nate Archibald/Chace Crawford
|Serena Van der Woodsen/Blake Lively
|Rufus Humphrey/Matthew Settle
|Vanessa Abrams/Jessica Szohr

Guest Stars

|Anne Archibald/Francie Swift
|Bart Bass/Robert John Burke
|Ben Donovan/David Call
|Carter Baizen/Sebastian Stan
|Ceci Rhodes/Caroline Lagerfelt
|Charlie Rhodes/Ella Rae Peck
|Cyrus Rose/Wallace Shawn
|Damien Daalgard/Kevin Zegers
|Dianna Payne/Elizabeth Hurley
|Georgina Sparks/Michelle Trachtenberg
|Hazel Williams/Dreama Walker
|Howie "the captain" Archibald/Sam Robards
|Isabelle Coates/Nicole Fiscella
|Jack Bass/Desmond Harrington
|Jessica Leitenberg/Alice Callahan
|Juliet Sharp/Katie Cassidy
|Kati Farkas/Nan Zhang
|Nelly Yuki/Yin Chang
|Louis Grimaldi/Hugo Becker
|Olivia Burke/Hilary Duff
|Penelope Shafai/Amanda Setton
|Raina Thort/Tika Sumpter
|Tripp Van der Bilt/Aaron Tveit
|William Van der Bilt/James Naughton
|William Van der Woodsen/William Baldwin
|Vanya/Aaron Schwartz

Fans

|tell me a lie
|Kiss of Death
|lessismore

Previous Threads

|#1: Welcome to the upper east side
|#2: You know you love me

Last edited by Alexa; 02-22-2015 at 11:24 PM
Old 02-22-2015, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

let me know if you want to be added!

i also included more of the cast in the op (any guest star with more than 10 episodes)
Old 02-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

TFTNT! You can add me. I'm still a fan some days.

Thanks for updating the OP. Also, Katie has her own board now.

I really wished the show centered on friendships.

Picking up from last thread. I don't ship B/N because I think they got to a point of being about their parents and society and stopped being about themselves. But their friendship? That could have been AMAZING. They need each other in their lives. I just wish the show would have developed it more. 2x19 was my favorite for them. That scene at Grandfather's house was awesome and gave us a bit of insight. seems they officially started dating in 7th grade, 12/13 years old
Old 02-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for creating this thread
Old 02-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

okay, ill add katies in there.

i just finished season 2. I'm interested in rewatching season 3 because theres a lot i didnt remember.

i liked nate/blair, especially the second go around. by that time i was pretty sick of the back and forth with chair and was rooting for nate/blair to work but something just didnt click entirely for me. like, neither seemed to really thrive, that relationship was just too comfortable at that point imo. though it was very much blair that ended things with nate and not the other way around.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! Especially the title, I love it haha

Yes please add me too

Agreed! I LOVED NB as friends, love them. But as a couple nope... I hated how they dismissed their friendship later tho. So disrespectful but I cheered up for their scenes in 6x8 and NJBC FTW at the end haha. That is not surprising tho as unblairableness ended afterall...

See that is how you do. I really love that scene too. But as it was shown she was going after a façade again. They have history so them getting together actually made sense to me in S2 and how they came to the conclusion that it was over. As Nate said, it was something they had to see because they actually didn't have a closure and Blair finally saw that fairytales do end for a reason. I HATED so much that they made her a princess wannabe AFTER her seeing this.

I LOVE S3, my babies are together wish they'd be more upfront that they deserved... and the best combiantion of couples happen of all times: CB/NS/DV

There are some bothersome SLs ofc -as usual- but NYU SL didn't bother me as much

Last edited by lessismore; 02-22-2015 at 03:59 PM
Old 02-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

YES. She (they both did to an extent) needed to try again on her (their) own terms. And I like that the break up was final but it DID get closure. Because there was nothing in S1 that was closure. They didn't like interact at all in S2 really. Not before they got back together.

You know, with the whole CBN thing in S1, there was that.. who would be the first and stuff to make up.

I always thought BN would make up first. And yet it was kinda BC that made up sorta first. But BN never "officially" made up. And that pissed me off SO MUCH.

Ugh. After the Lord and then Nate..like, why would she want to be a Princess? Seriously? She was with Nate and Chuck. You can't really get more "royal" than these UES boys.

I think there was maybe ONE episode of CB/NS/DV happy at the same time? Maybe one? I don't know. We got them at the same time, but things were starting to fall apart.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

i actually liked NS a lot in season 1 and i thought their build up in season 3 was great but then when they actually together it was such a fail. they fought all the time and were just about sex. i was not a fan.

and then for d/v i was never a fan of that romantic relationship, i wanted them to stay platonic. but with that said they did have some cute moments in season 3. but they destroyed them so horribly later, even their friendship. i actually feel bad for vanessa fans. jessica didnt really deserve to get played that way. I'm liking vanessa a TON better in this rewatch though.

not that jenny (my favorite) got much better treatment. she was made out to be the villain in season 3 (Even after she grew so much at the end of season 2) and nj never got a proper chance. but oh well, i think taylor leaving had a lot to do with that SL never coming into play. in fact, nates storylines pretty much sucked after season 3, i cant even remember what he did on the show.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

She came in and it ~messed~ with DS. And then she started dating Nate, and I don't know. Are those the reasons for the hatred? I mean, I know as a book fan, they changed her appearance and the lack of attending Constance, but personality and filming wise, she wasn't that deviated. So I've always loved her. I just don't understand the venomous dislike.

This is why I am 100% okay when my couple doesn't even become canon. And DV is great proof. They were best friends and my mind is much better than the show. And they DESTROYED this friendship. And I still don't understand why.

Yeah, Jenny and Vanessa are in the same boat. Mostly, it's the writers. They don't know what they're doing and the plots were a mess. They focused so much on trying to do OMFG moments that they were over-the-top, OOC, and nothing shocking about them.

They really did do a number on Jenny. I wonder if because Taylor wanted out, the writers took that out on the character. unprofessional I've never been a Jenny fan, but Taylor was always one of the best actors on the show.

I wish S1 ended with the Writers' Strike and S2 was a FULL 22-episodes of the rest of junior/freshman year and the war and Blair having to fight for her position instead of getting it back after two/three episodes. Cop out.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
i actually liked NS a lot in season 1 and i thought their build up in season 3 was great but then when they actually together it was such a fail. they fought all the time and were just about sex. i was not a fan.

and then for d/v i was never a fan of that romantic relationship, i wanted them to stay platonic. but with that said they did have some cute moments in season 3. but they destroyed them so horribly later, even their friendship. i actually feel bad for vanessa fans. jessica didnt really deserve to get played that way. I'm liking vanessa a TON better in this rewatch though.

not that jenny (my favorite) got much better treatment. she was made out to be the villain in season 3 (Even after she grew so much at the end of season 2) and nj never got a proper chance. but oh well, i think taylor leaving had a lot to do with that SL never coming into play. in fact, nates storylines pretty much sucked after season 3, i cant even remember what he did on the show.

He played a lot of pool and drank juice lol. I did like his friendship with Dan after s3 though
Old 02-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

i was a HUGE DS fan in season 1, so i hated vanessa instantly. i would have liked her better if they didnt try to play that romantic side right away, especially if they weren't gonna go there with it (at first.) and then as a huge nj fan, in season 2 of course i hated her even more because they whole letter thing, and then nate picking her just left me bitter. lol. thats basically where my hatred really stemmed from. but once nv ended i was fine with her and actually liked her and dv a lot in season 3.

this second time around, knowing what already happens, its much better. i actually like vanessa fine and i think as a character vanessa really wasnt that bad. she wasnt my favorite, but she had some good moments. i still hate n/v as a pairing, i just think they fall flat in the chemistry department but other than that i like her.

i think the problem was that they didnt focus on her enough to really delve into who she really was a person unfortunately.

but in season 3 serena moved to the top of my hate list because idk, she just really annoyed me that season.

Quote:
I did like his friendship with Dan after s3 though
i always loved the dan/nate friendship, but i was a dan fan, so i liked his interaction with pretty much everyone.

i was glad that they kept the d/n friendship throughout the series.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the thing Vanessa is that she came off to much as a plot device. I did feel briefly sorry for her in the beginning of s2 with Nate but I went back to hating her with blackmailing Blair and the letter.

I did like her with Rufus though
Old 02-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I heard she was only supposed to be in a couple of episodes, but then they picked her up. So many that's part of her initial introduction.

Quote:
i think the problem was that they didnt focus on her enough to really delve into who she really was a person unfortunately.
YES! They never did give her a story on her own that wasn't with one of the guys. Hell, gimme more B/V or S/V (remember back in 1x08 when they started getting along?!?!?!) or J/V. They never did it for more than an episode and was always ruined with boy drama.

She was the one who was truly focused on her career and passion and they barely touched on it. granted, that can also be said about any of them.

But 2x07 with the Brooklyn Inn....I want to write fic one day of Chuck taking on the project and Bart giving in. And Vanessa helping and making a documentary and Blair there because CB & BV and just great BCV without any romance drama.

Also, 3x06. Lord. YOU GIVE ME THAT ENDING AND NEVER FOLLOW UP WITH IT!!?!?!?

The show hated friendships and letting females be friends without fighting over a guy.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

i loved J/V and i loved s/v too, i was hoping for more of that.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

9 Reasons Why Chuck & Blair Need a Spinoff | Gossip Girl
by Gossip Girl Official Site

We only have ONE reason! Chuck and Blair are AWESOME! (And we miss them terribly and Leighted )

I guess I'd die from happiness

11 Problems Only Leighton Meester Fans Understand | Gossip Girl

Not my problems at all except #9

OT3!! Best triangle ever made

10 Reasons Gossip Girl Was the Best Show... Ever! | Gossip Girl

Aww

On other news "Lily and Rufus" was WWTT a couple days ago because MTV made news about Kelly and Matt being together in RL and one big twitter account tweeted too Which Is not true but I loved that they trended!! Everyone was so excited, reminded me of good ol days

Also because Chace went to Brazil, Brazilian fans trended, so cute!!

Oh and mini GG Reunion at the Oscar after party! So cute!!

Willa and Katie were there too! But ofc there is NO reunion without whole NJBC, Blake, Ed and Leighton
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top