Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, let's draw a line under this now.
There should be a friendly discussion without this getting out of hand

Please keep it to a minimum. I know that you are all great posters on this board but some people do see it as bashing. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it can rub people up the wrong way, which cannot be helped at times.
There is no reason why we can't all get along, let's agree to disagree and move on.

Thank you

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 03-27-2015 at 11:18 PM Reason: Wrong to refer to just to one person
Old 03-27-2015, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

ANYWAYS with that said I'm near the end of season 3 and I'm looking forward to the last few episodes.

its reminded me why i didnt like N/S, i feel like they fought every episode. i WISH their relationship had been handled much differently because i actually did like them in the first season!

also i do love jenny but she was a huge brat this season and i wish the show had never gone there with her, especially considering they never gave nj any pay off anyways. i feel like they just wanted to destroy taylors character since she wasnt interested in being in the show anymore.

also forever bitter they never brought carter back! i thought he and serena were great together.

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 03-27-2015 at 11:07 PM
Old 03-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I can agree with that entire List. The things I love about Gossip Girl.

The writers REALLY seemed out to destroy Jenny in the end. I never liked her, but DUDE, things were just getting to be a right mess. It wasn't needed. Especially how she was in S1. She shouldn't have spiraled like that. She held her own in S1 and just... it's like it was even a money thing. It was just poor writing and character devolving.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

yea i loved jenny in season 1 and i understand why others didnt but she was her own character. in season 2 she went off the deep end a bit but i felt they did a good job showing her remorse and having her move back home. she had some growth.

then bringing her back into the mean girl thing was just annoying since i felt she had moved past that and things got even worse when they had her mess with NS. they could have achieved the exact same thing by just having jenny as a good friend to nate who then tried to kiss him or something, why have her be vindictive? it was the same outcome. lol

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 03-27-2015 at 11:06 PM
Old 03-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Banned

I always liked the sweet Jenny not the manipulative one. That said she did place a lot of importance on being one of the it girls. Are all high school girls that desperate to be popular?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Jenny esp bc her pov was more interesting to me. Also her SL was one of the most realistic ones imo. I loved her especially in S2. But in S3 she has gone so dark. It was a nice throwback to see her at the finale working with Blair Wished they'd gone double agent in S4. And if "Blair Waldorf and her Bitches" would include Jenny in S6, That would have been GREAT!

Last edited by lessismore; 03-29-2015 at 08:52 AM
Old 03-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

i liked jenny with more of an edge i think, but not to the level they took her.

i think a lot of girls want to be popular, yes. but i don't think they'd go to the levels she did just to achieve it.

i adore that taylor came back for the finale, even after all the crap they put her character through! i will say, i loved her in season 4 though.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
yea i loved jenny in season 1 and i understand why others didnt but she was her own character. in season 2 she went off the deep end a bit but i felt they did a good job showing her remorse and having her move back home. she had some growth.

then bringing her back into the mean girl thing was just annoying since i felt she had moved past that and things got even worse when they had her mess with NS.
Her progression in the first two seasons was really well done. She came a long way from the pilot to really understanding the happenings of the UES and high school. But then it like just repeated itself. She went from, "no more monarchy" to throwing yogurt on Eric and taking control. That didn't make any sense. She didn't need to go there. There was no useful story there. I understand they may have been like...welp, we have two characters still in high school...WHAT DO WE DO?!? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not reuse old storylines that were already resolved....
Old 03-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Banned

There was something that bugged me a lot in the pilot. Something that it took me a while to get over. That Chuck's attempted rape of Jenny. However, I kind of wrote it off a only a pilot and didn't really take what happened with too much weight.

What about the adults? Who was your favorite grown up in the show? If you can even call them that. Sometimes I felt that acted more immature then their children. Rufus was a good father and character but my favorite of all time on the show will be Cyrus Rose. To not see him as the best would be inconceivable in my mind.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

that was a bad decision on their part. if they weren't truly gonna make chuck the bad guy then the attempted rape was way way way too far.

id like to think he wouldn't have actually gone through with anything, but even what he did was horrible. but like you said, it was the pilot episode so idk. thats a messy subject there.

i always hate adults on teen shows. but i actually didnt mind lily at first bt she started getting annoying. rufus always bugged me. i loved cyrus and Eleanor.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Pilot was months in advance of the show. Like, we get to 1x02 and Jenny only cares about what if anything is being said about her, not about the fact that she was almost raped? That always annoyed me. There was never any plot for her to deal with that, expect maybe 1x06 and that did NOT seem like anything.

The only thing I was happy with that was that it meant CJ did not share scenes. Until they did. And I knew bad things were going to happen when Lily/Rufus forced their interaction. And, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppp.

Well, I haven't watched anything since Cece died, so I can't make any opinions after that, but I loved Bart. maybe it's one of the reasons I don't want to watch?!?! And Eleanor. And Dorota. And Cyrus. And Harold.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Blair's adults are my favorite.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Banned

Yeah pilots are always messy. They prepare this show this little showing of a vision but in the time between presenting to actually having it shown a lot of things can change. Especially with the direction they see the characters going.

Perhaps Chuck started out as a villain in the eyes of the writers but something special changed along the way. They saw a more misguided soul, then that of just a bad soul.

As for Jenny not saying anything, well that could be said that since nothing happened to her that she choose to ignore it and focus on what she always wanted the most. To be popular, one of the it girls. Chuck held a position of power and influence over her peers. So being worried about what they think I would say is responsible for a teenage girl.

I really need to re-watch this show but I am saving that for when I can/want to show it to my little sister.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

well its just as bad that serena and dan saw it happening and then didnt say anything about it.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
well its just as bad that serena and dan saw it happening and then didnt say anything about it.
Wait didn't they stop Chuck? Or are you referring to how Jenny acted after the fact and that Dan and Serena said nothing about it?
Old 03-31-2015, 05:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Dan just tried to lend an ear or hover over her that morning. And poof. No more.

Well, again, because it was filmed months in advance and the pilot is straight out of the first book - Chuck is not a main character in the books (not really). And he wasn't meant to be a main character on the show. Ed is why he because a main character. So they probably did take the direction of the show and figure out what they're doing and who's going to be a part of it, during the months before the show actually aired.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top