Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I LOVE THAT QUOTE And I think it is so true
Thank you Chuck and Blair were my favorite couple on the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Thank you for mentioning the equality on CB's part however I disagree about the abusive part obviously.
In using the word abusive all I meant was that when one hurt the other, they would try to hurt them in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie
that is true but i just got so tired of it by the end of the series. i think i just didnt like the back and forth.
You see I loved the back and forth. However, I am a man who loves to argue. I love to debate anything with someone. Mind you not for no reason, like "what's better eggs or bacon?"

I would never really respect or love a woman who couldn't argue with me and not still love me. I don't care if she disagrees with me in part or entirely. As long as she was willing to listen to my side and try to understand. I would show her the same respect.

I think Chuck and Blair also loved it. No matter who "won" their fights. They always seemed IMO at least somewhat proud that they found someone as smart if not smarter than themselves.

I could not be with a girl I did think wasn't as smarter than me at as smart in terms of being able to defend their views on what they care about.

That in my opinion is part of sparking the passion.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion ofc; however I saw what you wrote as bashing of CB. Otherwise, I wouldn't even respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Thank you Chuck and Blair were my favorite couple on the show.

In using the word abusive all I meant was that when one hurt the other, they would try to hurt them in return.

You see I loved the back and forth. However, I am a man who loves to argue. I love to debate anything with someone. Mind you not for no reason, like "what's better eggs or bacon?"

I would never really respect or love a woman who couldn't argue with me and not still love me. I don't care if she disagrees with me in part or entirely. As long as she was willing to listen to my side and try to understand. I would show her the same respect.

I think Chuck and Blair also loved it. No matter who "won" their fights. They always seemed IMO at least somewhat proud that they found someone as smart if not smarter than themselves.

I could not be with a girl I did think wasn't as smarter than me at as smart in terms of being able to defend their views on what they care about.

That in my opinion is part of sparking the passion.

I know what you meant, and I agreed on that part. Tho I think that also changed later I didn't agree with tell me a lie and her use of the word. That is all.

Season 5 showed an understanding Chuck and him accepting the fact that he really screwed up big imo and he genuinely grew up and tried to be better. For me he is one the most interesting and greatest characters because I loved his struggles, flaws and his growth SL. and his SL was so rootworthy. To me that is great and I LOVED him being in the 99 Greatest Characters list. BTW My fave from BTVS is Spike and Faith But greatest character ever is Walter White imo

TBH CB made back and forth so entertaining to me As Blair said in 2x8 "Excrutiating pleasure" It was smart, delicious banter. It was always an increasing and evolving love story for me. I love their love story so much. But ofc I feel sympathetic to fans who didn't like back&forth either because it might get tiresome for some fans.

Also I think there were so many interesting dynamics in this show that they could do, with every character. Instead they always wasted so much potential imo.

PS: It makes me so happy to see you post here

I love these quotes from producers so much, it shows how CB were the story from the beginning and it warms my heart
Quote:
On Chuck and Blair having a child:
I think it was a conversation up until the end of last season among all the writers. We wanted to write a season-five finale that would point us in the right direction. But for me and Josh Schwartz, we always felt that those guys were endgame for each other. Always. It seemed like the ultimate coming together of their union and their future. And wanting to see that Chuck and Blair could both be good parents… See the joy that that little boy brings to his grandparents. And you got to see a little mini-Chuck in a bowtie…We had a few good contenders, but Alex who played Henry, was just like if you made computer program of what Chuck and Blair's kid would look like he would come out. We loved it. -S.Savage
x

Quote:
Chuck and Blair are never over - J.Safran
x

Last edited by lessismore; 03-18-2015 at 08:03 AM
Old 03-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
that is true but i just got so tired of it by the end of the series. i think i just didnt like the back and forth. it was ridiculous. i would have preferred a longer break or seeing them just be good friends for a while. but i think the writers kind of screwed themselves because everyone loved them so they had no other choice even if they wanted to to change things.
FRIENDSHIP. I wish we had more of that. For EVERYONE. Instead the writers had to keep the crappy romances going. If Blair (and Chuck) could both (or, you know, EVERYONE) be single for at least half a season (geez, that is NOT asking for much!), and we could see the friendship that was there in and before 1x07, it would have been better.

It was getting too back/forth and crazy. that's why I stopped watching. That's why I headcanon the show and that's why I'm addicted to these characters. My own headcanon and what could have been.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
FRIENDSHIP. I wish we had more of that. For EVERYONE. Instead the writers had to keep the crappy romances going. If Blair (and Chuck) could both (or, you know, EVERYONE) be single for at least half a season (geez, that is NOT asking for much!), and we could see the friendship that was there in and before 1x07, it would have been better.

It was getting too back/forth and crazy. that's why I stopped watching. That's why I headcanon the show and that's why I'm addicted to these characters. My own headcanon and what could have been.
I understand that and agreed mostly because I do love friendship and family SLs more than romances. GG is my only exception of series that I particularly kept watching for CB. Otherwise I do watch shows shipless. I even hate that nowadays its all about ships for other fandoms too.

CB were always friends and partners in crime however I think the connection and love between them was so strong that was always more than friends too, lets admit that they couldn't be just friends but overall of the series they are also the true friends of GG too for me. That is why I specifically adore the choice of their wedding place that's extremely meaningful to me in more ways and one of them is SB scene in 1x3

But wish some friendships wouldn't have ruined because of making everyone dating each other. I accepted the way it is while watching but I truly find that aspect of the show repelling and ick.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Dude, they're so besties. Those first seven episodes (and they didn't interact in two of them) are EVERYTHING. It's a beautiful friendship. I wish we got to see them stay that more. Like, that thing when Lily was sick. That was a great CB friendship episode for them.

I love them. And Blair and Chuck are everything, but I still can't finish the series. Because Cece died so BD happens and Bart (WHOM I LOVED! SO I AM REALLY UNHAPPY). So I'm in a period of.... I can't stomach what's going on there and with my favs. They deserve better. And I don't trust the writers worth a damn.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Dude, they're so besties. Those first seven episodes (and they didn't interact in two of them) are EVERYTHING. It's a beautiful friendship. I wish we got to see them stay that more. Like, that thing when Lily was sick. That was a great CB friendship episode for them.

I love them. And Blair and Chuck are everything, but I still can't finish the series. Because Cece died so BD happens and Bart (WHOM I LOVED! SO I AM REALLY UNHAPPY). So I'm in a period of.... I can't stomach what's going on there and with my favs. They deserve better. And I don't trust the writers worth a damn.
AWW THIS POST!!

So sorry to hear that you can't finish the series. I definitely relate to that. I think with time I have become immune and kept my expectations really low after being let down many times with my high expectations about some SLs, so I guess I kinda learned my leasson But I am still bitter about some SLs. Bart's ending, Cece dying and the rest of that RIDICness in S5, the baby SL and how they treated it and the way they regressed Blair immensely that she became UNblairable, also SB. I just think there were so many interesting and enjoyable dynamics they could explore and they created serious SLs but just dropped them as rotten eggs in order to make OMFGs. It wrecked the show that was once great, imo.

Moreover, I am a major parallel addict and I love them as much as writers did. The amount is insane
For instance, about Bart's ending; parallel vise I love it, I really do. 2x14 and 6x10 rooftop scenes, "It's all Blair" and Bart not having what Chuck had, so his ending being falling from the rooftop. However because I love Van der Basses and Bass men so much, in my previous version I was really happy about Bart's returning to see him redeemed as well. But with the S6 developing and withh all the spoilers we got, in my second version they were in fight but there was a real charade as there being a real enemy. So Bart's S5 story being true. Bart really tying to protect Chuck from the real enemy. So him aliniating Chuck and taking everything from him to show that he has no bound with Bass Inc and they are on the outs. But at the end Bart dying while protecting Chuck, and Lily. Lily knowing this and covering it to help Bart. Chuck and Bart not ending on the outs and definitely Bart not trying to kill his own son just because he has gotten "soft" and can not standing his lies during all his life, especially after saving him previously

Poor Chuckles aww.

BOO YOU! BOO YOU TO HELL!

However it is what it is and I am just so happy Chuck found happiness (happiness was not on the menu for him in S1), has his family and friends (family? I have no family in S2) with him and that he became a great man and a father (you carry people, you carry me, you are becoming a man your father never was in S3) with still keeping his snark and evil genius in him

I love Van der Basses tho. They were great

Robert was so great too

I also miss Cheric. Eric was so wise and his dynamic with Chuck was priceless imo. Wish he wouldn't leave.

Last edited by lessismore; 03-19-2015 at 06:02 AM
Old 03-19-2015, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

umm no, bashing is saying they are disgusting and i cant bear to watch them etc etc etc.

all i said was i didnt like them because i felt they weren't good for one another.

and considering this is the GENERAL thread not the Chair thread (who i am sure have a couples thread you can post in) i shouldn't be offending anyone.

Quote:

EXACTLY!
Old 03-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Banned

We all must be willing to at least hear those opinions as long as they are not hate filled messages. Messages that one would normally consider racism or sexism etc. If used in the same context.

I kind of feel like Dan in that threesome he had....

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 03-28-2015 at 01:52 AM
Old 03-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

i completely agree with you and think you are exactly right.

i don't want to argue with anyone but i cant just sit by and be nipped at and have an eye roll emoji used at me and be referred to as "some fan" where my opinion is put in quotations as if i have no right to express my opinion just because i don't ship the shows so called OTP.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I think that no matter who you ship, you can say that the FRIENDSHIPS all got jacked. That's something we can all agree on. Because every friendship was messed up, way more than needed.

Like, EVERY YEAR there was B vs S. WHY?!?!?!!?!?!? Explain to me WHY they needed to do this?!?!

I watch Teen Wolf. And Stiles/Scott is one of the best friendships EVER on TV. They don't do B/S style. Thankfully. Because S/S is like a male version of B/S. And I don't think it's just a male vs female thing that makes them different. The writers wanted to ... what? They thought it was needed for plot? For OMFG?

Name ONE thing that was truly OMFG since they started the campaign? And by OMFG, I mean in the way they wanted it to be, not in the, WTF is going on and why are you doing this useless crap?!?!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

i don't know, and if b/s had been friendly i would have liked them a lot more but because of all the crap between them i just couldn't get into it.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Exactly. I can't deal with their friendship most of the time because THEY can't deal with it. It's not enjoyable for me.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Blair/ Serena's friendship in high school and during certain moments in the college years. I did feel that they never addressed certain issues between them
Old 03-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Agreed. A lot of the stuff why she left and never contacted Blair was missing.

I wish we got like a full season of B/S in France. I would have loved it. Or like three episodes or something of just the two of them (and all of Blair's parents, since they stayed with them). That would have been great for their friendship.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a very cute article and I will post it as a whole
5 Things We Miss About Gossip Girl: Throwback Thursday

5 Things We Miss About Gossip Girl: Throwback Thursday - Betches Love This

Quote:
Gossip Girl has been over for a couple years now and we obviously have re-watched that **** on Netflix a million times. Whenever Monday night rolls around we still feel that emptiness in our hearts that no drama of Scandal or How to Get Away With Murder can fill. Sorry, Shonda Rhimes – when you give us a character that’s at least half the man Chuck Bass is we may reconsider.

Take a walk down memory lane with the one of the only shows we would skip happy hour for.

Quote:
1. Blair’s one liners
She always had the perfect thing to say to whichever loser (Jenny, Vanessa, Rufus…anyone who lived in Brooklyn) thought they could take her down. Queen B was the most legendary head betch in charge on TV.

Quote:
2. Dorota as the sidekick
She was half the brain behind the whole operation – TBH we’re still surprised she wasn’t Gossip Girl. She was the ultimate henchwoman we wish we had to tell people to **** off in Polish.

Quote:
3. Chuck and Blair’s sexual chemistry
There was honestly nothing more enticing to watch than those two going back and forth, making us fall in love with SABs and hate nice guys even more.

Quote:
4. The clothes, the parties, the vacations
It was nice to escape our own extremely betchy lives and see what crazy Blair and Serena would pull in Paris or the Hamptons. Even though they grew up and stopped doing as much stupid **** as they used to in the earlier seasons (TBT to when Serena “killed” that guy while doing lines of coke), it was still entertaining AF to see them mess up their lives. Definitely made us feel better about our Sunday morning regrets.

Quote:
5. Chuck Bass
This goes without saying. If I could come back as one person in my next life, it would be Chuck Bass, no questions asked. Enjoy some of his best quotes below.

“There’s nothing more boring than a sense of morality.”

“I don’t have a romantic bone in my body.”

“Watching you fail spectacularly gives me so much joy.”

“People like me don’t write books. They’re written about.”

And our personal favorite: “I’m Chuck Bass.”

Awwww my babies, miss them so much too

In addition I miss NJBC

Last edited by BlackSapphire; 03-27-2015 at 11:45 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top