Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 09:21 AM
  #1
Elite Fan

 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 43,885
Gossip Girl #2: XOXO you know you love me

Welcome to the Gossip Girl thread




Because even though the show is over, we're still here.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Character and Actor/Actress Threads/Boards Elsewhere

Main Cast


|Blair Waldorf/Leighton Meester
|Chuck Bass/Ed Westwick
|Dan Humphrey/Penn Badgley
|Jenny Humphrey/Taylor Momsen
|Nate Archibald/Chace Crawford
|Serena Van der Woodsen/Blake Lively
|Vanessa Abrams/Jessica Szohr

Guest Stars

|Carter Baizen/Sebastian Stan
|Olivia Burke/Hilary Duff
|Tripp Van der Bilt/Aaron Tveit

There are also several threads to discuss the various couples from the show over at the Couples board.
__________________

Last edited by Jamie; 08-05-2014 at 09:27 AM
Jamie is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 AM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 140,475
tftnt Jamie

I can't think of a title other than "XOXO you know you love me"
__________________
ds44 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:27 AM
  #3
Elite Fan

 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 43,885
That's a good one. It is hard to think of a general title!
__________________
Jamie is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 AM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 140,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
That's a good one. It is hard to think of a general title!
i know most of the titles i am used to are shipper-based

By the way, about your comment on the last thread. I think its hard for people who ship both CB and DS cause so many CB fans ship NS and so dan is kind of season as this interloper who never should have been which imo goes against the whole premise of the show, but to each their own.
__________________
ds44 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:35 AM
  #5
Elite Fan

 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 43,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
By the way, about your comment on the last thread. I think its hard for people who ship both CB and DS cause so many CB fans ship NS and so dan is kind of season as this interloper who never should have been which imo goes against the whole premise of the show, but to each their own.
Eh, I guess I get it!

I don't find it difficult to ship both CB and DS at all. DS had such a strong story from the Pilot, and CB make sense.

I do understand that Dan is unlike the rest, so if you're in love with NJBC you're going to dislike the outsider no matter what.
__________________
Jamie is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM
  #6
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 140,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Eh, I guess I get it!

I don't find it difficult to ship both CB and DS at all. DS had such a strong story from the Pilot, and CB make sense.

I do understand that Dan is unlike the rest, so if you're in love with NJBC you're going to dislike the outsider no matter what.
oh yeah. I mean I think its totally possible to love both and I think a lot of people do. For some its a sort of njbc or die mentality. I used to read the weirdest (almost borderline classist comments) where they said dan should stay in Brooklyn cause he is poor and doesn't belong on the UES. That was a real head scratcher. But, we all come in having different favs. I like some of the UES characters and not others. I like DJ but I don't really like Vanessa. I don't like characters based on their geographic location or early childhood friendships. Its based simply on how I react to the character.

CB also came late into S1 and caught on, but a lot of book fans were waiting for NS from the pilot and Dan kinda blew that straight out of the water and people were not expecting that.
__________________
ds44 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
  #7
Elite Fan

 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 43,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't like characters based on their geographic location or early childhood friendships. Its based simply on how I react to the character.
Same!

Quote:
CB also came late into S1 and caught on, but a lot of book fans were waiting for NS from the pilot and Dan kinda blew that straight out of the water and people were not expecting that.
Ah, okay. Well that makes more sense to me. If I knew that before then I had forgotten. I do feel bad when what happens in books changes in movies/tv.
__________________
Jamie is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 10:09 AM
  #8
Elite Fan

 
lessismore's Avatar

Moderator of ...
New Girl
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 36,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Eh, I guess I get it!

I don't find it difficult to ship both CB and DS at all. DS had such a strong story from the Pilot, and CB make sense.

I do understand that Dan is unlike the rest, so if you're in love with NJBC you're going to dislike the outsider no matter what.
Already second thread Tftnt

I have to disagree. I don't hate Dan because I love NJBC. I hate him because I think he is a terrible character and very unlikely to root for. And not intersting at all for me in first season I liked every character and Dan's outsider pov was somewhat interesting. Later on his pov became unnessesary for me and also annoying as hell. But I love jenny's pov for example and her SL more realistic unlike Dan's delusion and skewed one. But I love GG I also never dismissed DS and knew they were endgame. CB and DS were the finish lines from the very beginning.

Tbh at the end I wouldn't mind whom Serena ended with, I love her with so many people, especially Carter and Nate but she makes everyone better imo unlike Blair Also I love how everyone ended with their true loves even I am happy for dhumps

Also I love how serena said how if she ends up with dan someday that she will always love Nate and vice versa ofc that warms my heart

Sidenote: huffpost called Chuck and Blair the greatest couple of all time just recently my babies are gorgeous
__________________
cK Visit New Girl
Schmidt ♥ Cece | Chuck ♥ Blair | NJBC | Hilal ♥ Leon | icon: mine

Last edited by lessismore; 08-05-2014 at 10:21 AM
lessismore is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 10:14 AM
  #9
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 140,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Already second thread Tftnt

I have to disagree. I don't hate Dan because I love NJBC. I hate him because I think he is a terrible character and very unlikely to root for. And not intersting at all for me in first season I liked every character and Dan's outsider pov was somewhat interesting. Later on his pov became unnessesary for me and also annoying as hell. But I love jenny's pov for example and her SL more realistic unlike Dan's delusion and skewed one. But I love GG I also never dismissed DS and knew they were endgame. CB and DS were the finish lines from the very beginning.

Tbh at the end I wouldn't mind whom Serena ended with, I love her with so many people, especially Carter and Nate but she makes everyone better imo unlike Blair Also I love how everyone ended with their true loves even I am happy for dhumps

Also I love how serena said how if she ends up with dan someday that she will always love Nate and vice versa ofc that warms my heart
I'm just going on what I read from other CB fans especially during S1/2. We all have different characters we root for. I find dan, serena, nate and jenny the most rootworthy. Chuck is up and down for me and I can't for the life of me root for Blair, but that's mostly cause I don't like mean girls and girls who ****shame their supposed bestfriends. I just have never found the mean girls with the heart of laced gold trope very interesting. But, I get that some people like that. I think Serena will always love Nate because he is her friend. They grew up together. I never felt like she had any true romantic feelings for him no matter how hard she tried. But, those bonds of friendship were always there. NS may not have appealed to me as a couple, but I love their friendship.
__________________
ds44 is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 10:27 AM
  #10
Elite Fan

 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 43,885
S1 Jenny was a really great point of view to watch.
__________________
Jamie is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 11:13 AM
  #11
Elite Fan

 
lessismore's Avatar

Moderator of ...
New Girl
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 36,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
S1 Jenny was a really great point of view to watch.



Later on as well imo and she was my third fave in S2, not so much in S3 unfortunately but I think without Jenny and Vanessa the show lacked the outsider pov which I was enjoying. I also think in GG there was no need for an outsider pov that much bc tbh I enjoyed and loved UES pov so much more. For me UES was interesting and yum and chuck and Blair and NJBC was great to watch.
__________________
cK Visit New Girl
Schmidt ♥ Cece | Chuck ♥ Blair | NJBC | Hilal ♥ Leon | icon: mine
lessismore is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 02:19 PM
  #12
Elite Fan

 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 43,885
I think it sucks what they did to Jenny and Vanessa in S4. I always enjoyed the Brooklyn gang and their place in the story.

I started episode 416, and I don't remember exactly how this drug deal plays out.
__________________
Jamie is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
  #13
Elite Fan

 
lessismore's Avatar

Moderator of ...
New Girl
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 36,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I think it sucks what they did to Jenny and Vanessa in S4. I always enjoyed the Brooklyn gang and their place in the story.

I started episode 416, and I don't remember exactly how this drug deal plays out.
Well again, I'd love if jenny and Blair would be double agents and ıts definitely no fair how Vanessa was treated.

Well there ıs coke ın pink tulips but ofc Blair writes "purple tulips " on the note because her mind is on our Chuckles Dan thinks she told him to get the tulips where as she meant him to do the webblog there so he goes to take the tulips and gets the wrong regular tulips everyone does the wrong tasks (btw tasks are for minions or dan humphrey ) but he also does the blog at least. The new minion is so cute and ofc when she skyped them Dorota says "she has no time to care" when she says her name to Blair lol like she would care otherwise
__________________
cK Visit New Girl
Schmidt ♥ Cece | Chuck ♥ Blair | NJBC | Hilal ♥ Leon | icon: mine
lessismore is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 02:59 PM
  #14
Elite Fan

 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 43,885
Blair wrote purple instead of pink? That's good.

I'll finish up the episode later. I don't like Serena and Dan being awkward, and Serena dating his roommate.

Does Nate date Raina? I totally forgot about them hitting it off! Yikes.
__________________
Jamie is offline  
Old 08-05-2014, 04:02 PM
  #15
Elite Fan

 
lessismore's Avatar

Moderator of ...
New Girl
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 36,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Blair wrote purple instead of pink? That's good.

I'll finish up the episode later. I don't like Serena and Dan being awkward, and Serena dating his roommate.

Does Nate date Raina? I totally forgot about them hitting it off! Yikes.
Poor B!

Yeah I think of smt really bad that Serena did to Dan and deserved his anger and thats the one and only thing that I see she was really annoying I mean wtf Serena, really? but still I dont see why she deserved that much hate, its ridic.

Ugh that also reminded me how I didn't like Ben and serena because they were so siblingy those type of couples really freaks me out, same as db ugh yuck bbrrgggghhh

But Ben and Juliet SL worked really great at the first half imo. I really love S4 first half. They should have kept it that way but thats GG way of doing seasons. Sucky second halves and wrapping all at the finale and/or penultimum episode

And yes nate and raina also date I was kinda exciting back then but then I didnt like their chemistry as well. I think some other actress would do better because her chemistry with ed also lacked and its really telling because ed has insane chemistry even with stones, idk with all other living and nonliving things imo But I liked the opportunity of learning abt Chuckles more you know, that I really liked

You are almost done with S4. Did you like s5 first time you watched? Its the worst ever imo ugh and very long. I mean Chuckles and Monkey are awesome but thats The only season that I quit Watching GG brrrgghhhhh

Again first half is adjesent and bearable but second half is unblairable till 5x22. Ugh What a waste of season except Chuck's growth SL imo that I love so much
__________________
cK Visit New Girl
Schmidt ♥ Cece | Chuck ♥ Blair | NJBC | Hilal ♥ Leon | icon: mine
lessismore is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.