Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

sad he's not even at ComicCon this year but it is what it is I guess
Old 07-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Yeah It'd be great if he went there as guest at least...
Old 07-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

sadly, I think now there might not be a great shot for Roy to appear until mid season or later even as a guest star. Could be wrong on that but I think since he doesn't seem to off working on a project at the moment if they had planned on him being there he might have made an appearance similar to some of the other guest stars over the first three seasons of the show
Old 07-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

^I agree. Actually it's weird because I don't see Colton having big plans on other things so I'm still confused, and the CW had made some videos that made me think that they're not including Roy in Green Arrow's stories... I don't know if I have to be mad at this or just wait until he finally comes back.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

yeah, I DK either. I'm leaning towards mad as of right now honestly
Old 07-21-2015, 04:20 AM
Absolute Fan

Is the 100th this season? I could see him coming back for big milestone episode like that?

Plus either way he seems like he is very close with the cast and the producers- didn't he go away to Greece with Greg Berlanti?- Im sure he wouldn't object to coming back to guest star.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

The 100th would be in early season 5. It would be a good episode for him to reappear. Maybe it will be Olicity's wedding he's returning for. He needs to be at that.

And yes I think he has a good relationship with the show runners and he and they have all said that door is still open and that they all want Roy to return at some point. Really it's just a matter of time and schedules.

Don't fight to die. Fight to live.

^Omigosh, tears. So beautiful. This tore at my heart! I miss Roy so so so much!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 07-21-2015 at 09:36 AM
Old 07-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
Is the 100th this season? I could see him coming back for big milestone episode like that?

Plus either way he seems like he is very close with the cast and the producers- didn't he go away to Greece with Greg Berlanti?- Im sure he wouldn't object to coming back to guest star.
he's obviously very close to EBR and DR, etc... and yeah, I think Berlanti was there though I'm not sure if they didn't meet up or cross paths or if it was actually as a group.

I have mixed opinions on the guest star thing. On the one hand, the relationships seem to be there that would allow that to happen.

On the other, not knowing why CH didn't want to re-commit or why the show maybe didn't so some things too with the character, etc....

IDK. Its just speculation but he might think he wants to do more, be a somewhat more central character, I have no idea. So while I think the relationships are in a good place, hopefully... but what does he want? Does he want the freedom guest appearances might although, time off, or does he maybe want something where he might feel more at the center of a story or closer to it?

IDK. That's why its hard for me to say that CH is going to return at some point, even to guest star because IDK whats driving him or driving the show to take someone on knowing you weren't going to have them long term.

I think its likely but I don't think its a done deal that he returns. Supposedly he was supposed to return to TW and as of right now... that has not transpired either. And he was close with some of those cast members as well.

Its tricky in some ways, I think. So while I hope he does, at least once, I also don't think the odds are quite as high as some of you do. Hopefully, I am wrong
Old 07-21-2015, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Don't fight to die. Fight to live.

^Omigosh, tears. So beautiful. This tore at my heart! I miss Roy so so so much!
Love that! I know, I'll miss him a lot season 4. I hope he comes back in season 5 at least.

It looks like Colton has a good relationship with the producers. Maybe this is just a break and he'll come back when he decides.

I'll never understand Colton's choice because he had a good role in the show and he was very important for the plot. And after seeing that gifset, I'm sure that Roy has had a long story with all the Arrow stuff.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I don't really understand why he wanted to leave either. He had a good thing going and really seemed to enjoy his job on Arrow. But I get the feeling he doesn't necessarily like to be tied down to a show for too long. Idk, I'm just glad the door for him to come back is still open. I felt like there was lots more stories they could've told with him. I hope sometime in the future they will be able to give Roy his life back and he can be with Thea. That won't be possible any time soon, but hopefully one day.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 07-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

[QUOTE=Charlone;82558383]Love that! I know, I'll miss him a lot season 4. I hope he comes back in season 5 at least.

It looks like Colton has a good relationship with the producers. Maybe this is just a break and he'll come back when he decides.

Quote:
I'll never understand Colton's choice because he had a good role in the show and he was very important for the plot. .
Agree, mostly. although I don't know if I'd go to very important. As much as I loved Roy and CH as Roy... there are about 4 people on the show I'd classify as very important for the plot. but thats just my grading scale so to each their own.

(Discounting Oliver as the titular character)

Felicity
Diggle
Thea
Malcolm

I know the last one seems odd... but he's the antagonist. Every plot needs some kind of constant antagonist and thats MM. Slade came and went. RAG came and went. DD will come and go and I'm relatively certain MM will still be around to provide the darker shades of grey of Oliver's world.

I can't imagine the show without those 4. If she were alive I'd add Moira to the list at #5.

I'm not trying to minimize Roy's impact or roll, just saying, while a loss most of what he did will now be replaced by Thea's immersion into the team, in terms of being "Speedy" or a side kick and part of the family, etc. I mean, it really works wonderful for that because she already has relationships with everyone.

Oliver, obviously. But Laurel - granted, more from seasons 1/2 than this but still. Diggle and her have had some really good stuff. And she and Felicity finally interacted. And she's had a few things with Lance and obviously with MM as her father now being out there too... so there is no need to develop back story or anything because that is already there. In that regard the show did a really good job of building to this point with her character.

And I mean, IDK, but perhaps he felt there weren't enough chairs for when the music stopped ie character development?

I mean.. obviously most everything as the titular character will connect or tie back to Oliver in some way. But you've got Laurel, Thea now as full fledged team members so there is some development or spin off there. Then of course Dig, L and baby Sara will appear from time to time. Now O/F are together so you'll get maybe a little more away from work time spent on the relationship stuff there now... maybe, I have no idea. MM and Nyssa will pop in and out, Lance thankfully survived the season - was very concerned about that - we have spinoffs of spinoffs and spinoffs - it seems and more cross overs so Team Flash and Ray will be appearing at times...

and then of course you have to delve much deeper into the back story of DD as the upcoming main villain, with probably side villains as well. And the looming realization that Oliver has a child....

and promises for me of just O/F/D as in Season 1....

realistically, I'm not sure that would leave much time for roy's character to develop or have back story added or anything like that. i mean, the amount of screen time in a season isn't increasing. and a lot of these characters can be compelling characters in their own right, etc... just saying. I don't know if it played a role at all but with such a huge cast of characters and really only RAG leaving.... I don't know where he'd fit in. Sure, he;'d be in the episodes and part of the team, etc... and with Thea but would there be time to delve more into his past or branch him off a little? etc. IDK. And IDK that that played a role in CH's departure, I have no idea.

being honest... how many people, a year from now, if he didn't guest star and presuming a succesful season 4... would be clamoring for Roy to return? IDK.
some to be sure, but I also think some would just move on.

i have no idea if any of this factored into his decision or the shows decision or their decision, etc... but if it did, i'd get it. but then again I am one who does believe sometimes there is such a thing as too many characters on a show
Old 07-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

I will always want Roy back. He did deserve more time spent on him and I think there was still plenty of story to tell with him. But it is what it is. Still I love Roy and I will always him back in whatever way he can come back. Heck I would trade certain characters to get him back. I don't mean that in a mean way, I just love Roy and I miss him.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

oh, so would I. I'd have no problem making a trade with some characters either.

on the other hand, it appears from an article this month that all might not be water under the bridge with TW so he might not be returning after all.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I was never really expecting that to pan out with TW. He was close with the cast but he left on kind of tense terms with the producers. I was surprised when he said there were actual talks happening about it, but still I was like I will be shocked if he does actually return to TW. He's just really moved on from that and I didn't think he left Arrow just to return to TW. Plus I'm not sure they could fit Jackson back into things in a way Colton would be interested in doing. So yeah not shocked that doesn't appear to be happening.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

^I don't see how Jackson would fit either in Teen Wolf now. There hasn't even been mentions of Jackson on the show. The characters seem to have moved on and forgotten about him? To be honest, I thought Jackson died. I need to go back and re-watch perhaps, lol.

He's close with the cast of course - of both shows!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread