Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Why Colton Haynes Left Arrow—Plus, Find Out When He's Returning! | E! Online

So this makes it sound like it was more of a mutual decision that Colton and the showrunners made together to write Roy off for the time being. MG actually says they didn't try to convince him to stay and he turned them down. Sounds like CH and the showrunners had a discussion and came to this decision together. That makes more sense than the showrunners just not wanting to extend his contract or him just deciding he didn't want to continue on. A mutual decision that this was the best path for Colton (and Roy) right now makes the most sense. I'm just glad he's alive though. He can and will come back. Weird though that MG specifically mentioned he can't promise Roy will be in episodes 4,5,6 of season 4 like that. Makes it sound like Roy is in episodes 1,2,3 of season,which is probably not true. Just an oddly specific statement.

Also vote for Colton in the E! Alpha Male poll. I really really want him to win the whole thing, but he's losing his bracket right now. He needs votes. http://www.eonline.com/news/648095/a...e-sweet-16-now
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

thanks... so basically Guggie said that they didn't offer to make him a regular.

Now... maybe CH leaves anyways. With the movie coming and maybe thinking now's the time for him to try to see how high he can go and what not...

but maybe Colton comes back if they made him a real offer and tried to convince him to stay? I mean, maybe the show felt that he had honored his deal and would turn them down so they didn't want to be in that spot...

but maybe CH wanted them to offer? who knows.... but thanks for the interview.

I have a funny feeling Colton might be on screen in the fall somewhere. There are some pretty big stars that are on tv shows right now / recently, though on different net works. Kate Beckinsale comes to mind of the Last Ship.

so IDK. I hope they actually tried a little to convince him... just a simple "Colton?..." and then if he shook his head or something, etc... then drop it. But I do hope they at least broached the subject once rather than just presume he was gone no matter what.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Weird though that MG specifically mentioned he can't promise Roy will be in episodes 4,5,6 of season 4 like that. Makes it sound like Roy is in episodes 1,2,3 of season,which is probably not true. Just an oddly specific statement.
Yeah... THAT was weird. Why did he have to mention those episodes? Did I miss something?

However, I can't be optimistic about his return to Arrow. But I hope sometime Colton decides to come back to the show to be a regular and for several seasons (if we can't think of Arrow having more than 4 or 5 seasons).

And I agree, it's not a big deal to talk with him about what he wanted for the tv show. Maybe they couldn't offer him more than what he had in the show so they didn't even try.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think MG meant they never bothered to ask Colton if he wanted to come back or something. I think he meant that it was never about him turning down their offer to come back or them not offering to have him bacl. It sounded more like they all sat down with Colton since his contract was up and had a discussion about his and Roy's future and they all came to the conclusion that now was the time to write Roy off. Maybe I'm wrong, but that article made me think they made a mutual decision together about how to move forward with Colton and with Roy. I mean it doesn't really sound like there are any hurt feelings anywhere so it sounds like tptb and Colton were all in agreement with how this all went down. Doesn't really make me miss him less but it's better than it being either basically "we don't want to extend your contract" or "I just want to leave the show".

Also sadly Colton is out of that Alpha male poll now. Boo. He didn't lose by a huge amount, I think it was like 44% to 55%, but I felt like people just gave up after a certain deficit was reached because the score didn't change much at all after the first day. I'm sad because I wanted him to win the whole thing. Stephen is still in it tough so that's good. It's really just a silly, meaningless poll anyway, but still I wish he could've won.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

I think that it doesn't sound like there's someone bothered by this thing but who knows, some people try to keep it as a "secret" because if it is showed to the fandom as a disagreement between the actor and the producers, the fans would not be very happy. Just saying, I don't think it's a fact. But I do believe that (for me) it wasn't the moment to write Roy off. Maybe Colton wanted to have a time off so the writers accepted the idea of Roy leaving the show for determinated time so they'd have more possibilities to focus on other characters like Laurel and Diggle.

I found it weird because actually Colton has plenty of fans who for sure voted in that poll .
Old 04-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

^I don't necessarily think it was the right time to write him off either. But for them it made sense because his contract was up so that meant they had to discuss it anyway. I guess Colton maybe just wanted to explore other things so he didn't fight it when the idea of writing him off came up. There are a probably a few small pieces of the story we are missing because they are never just going to give us a play by play of what went down exactly. But it seems like both Colton and tptb are on the same page. Not like when he left Teen Wolf. I think he's on much better terms with these showrunners because they decided on this plan together. It sucks for the fans that weren't ready to see him leave but at least tptb still seem to think Colton is awesome and they are in agreement with Colton that he should be back sometime in the future. At least there is that. At least he's not dead. That's what I'm holding onto to handle his departure. He's not dead and he can come back.

Also I don't know how Colton lost either. He was doing so well the first rounds. Demolished the competition in the bracket before he got knocked out. Don't know what happened after that. But Stephen then took down Nathan Fillion who was the one who took Colton down. So that's cool. Stephen is in the final four now so we should vote for him. Arrow can still win this.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

How is his relationship with Teen Wolf's producers? For sure it was different from this case and Roy didn't die so they're just writing him off for some time. After all, both win, the writers may focus in other characters (like Thea or Laurel) and Colton will be able to work in some movies or maybe in other tv shows as a guest.

Yes, I think it's something of the fandoms. Nathan Fillion has plenty of fans! But still Stephen can win the poll
Old 04-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

publicly, I think they were similar to Arrow's... said it was good having him while they did. I think there were a few hurt feelings that Colton left TW basically for Arrow. Someone in the production department made some kind of comment that he felt the way CH left / him leaving didn't show enough loyalty and what not to people who gave him a chance. Or something like that. There was some debate as to when they knew he was planning on leaving. If memory serves me correctly.

I don't know if CH is really going to go to movies right away though. I think he might just end up on a show as a regular / recurring guest star next year. I could be wrong but I think he'd need to do a few more things before being able to turn to movies completely. If thats even what he is intending to do.

time will tell on that
Old 04-30-2015, 01:05 AM
Elite Fan

I thought the issue was the TW producers planned to cut Colton's role way down in the 3rd season and he thought he deserved more episodes or screen time or whatever than they wanted to offer. He had just worked his butt off in the second season in particular so I can understand how a reduced role could've felt insulting and unfair. And I thought at some point Jeff Davis implied he regretted not killing Jackson off the show or something. Which is why I thought they parted on not the best terms. I could be remembering wrong, but I could've sworn this is what went down when he left. He got Arrow shortly after, but I'm pretty sure he was officially done with Teen Wolf before he got Arrow.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

I thought that he was on the way of participating on a movie... But it seems like Colton doesn't want to stay for so long time on tv shows. I think he'd have great opportunities if he stayed, not everyone can have important character on a tv show, and he had a good one on Arrow. So his story with TW seems different than the one from Arrow, Arsenal is very important and he had a lot to play for the next seasons.

Next episode is the last one with him (by now, of course).
Old 04-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought the issue was the TW producers planned to cut Colton's role way down in the 3rd season and he thought he deserved more episodes or screen time or whatever than they wanted to offer. He had just worked his butt off in the second season in particular so I can understand how a reduced role could've felt insulting and unfair. And I thought at some point Jeff Davis implied he regretted not killing Jackson off the show or something. Which is why I thought they parted on not the best terms. I could be remembering wrong, but I could've sworn this is what went down when he left. He got Arrow shortly after, but I'm pretty sure he was officially done with Teen Wolf before he got Arrow.
hmm... I think JD initially said they had killed Jackson off but then re-wrote it because he liked happy endings. Not sure what came out after, I kind of stopped following it. I was heading that way anyways and then that, plus Allison's death sealed the deal though granted, her death was in S3 and I off again, on again watched until that point.

It was not as good of a split, no. But I think JD for his part was mostly gracious. And yeah, he was going to be reduced in S3 and I do think that bothered him.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

^Yeah I think I was remembering wrong about JD and how Jackson got written off. I think you are right. And I didn't mean when CH left TW that he and JD hated each other or anything like that. I'm sure everyone involved was professional and everything about it. I just meant that they disagreed about the future of Jackson and CH left with no plans in place for him to ever come back. It wasn't a nasty "split" so to speak just not quite as amicable and mutual as his "split" from Arrow it seems.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be bawling when Roy and Thea say good-bye. It's going to kill me. I'm so glad they are getting some closure, but I'm still not over Roy so it's going to be sad to know it's the last time we will be seeing Roy for awhile. Breaks my heart.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

yeah... I just hope he tells her her can't stay before they get busy...otherwise that'd be kind of harsh for her.

I'm alive, we're together... I'm leaving again. Ouch.

So hopefully its kind of done better than that and she knows he can't stay but they want to enjoy their time together they have kind of thing. I'd like that a lot better than if she finds out after
Old 05-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just meant that they disagreed about the future of Jackson and CH left with no plans in place for him to ever come back.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be bawling when Roy and Thea say good-bye. It's going to kill me. I'm so glad they are getting some closure, but I'm still not over Roy so it's going to be sad to know it's the last time we will be seeing Roy for awhile. Breaks my heart.
I totally see your point in the bold part. It's true, there's a big difference between TW and Arrow, Colton left TW without any idea of coming back, while in Arrow he has a character who has so many stories to be told, so practically he is able to come back when he and the writers want.

I know, I hope that good bye is the best one! I'm going to expect something big and cute, so I hope the writers don't make us be dissapointed with their goodbye .
Old 05-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
yeah... I just hope he tells her her can't stay before they get busy...otherwise that'd be kind of harsh for her.

I'm alive, we're together... I'm leaving again. Ouch.

So hopefully its kind of done better than that and she knows he can't stay but they want to enjoy their time together they have kind of thing. I'd like that a lot better than if she finds out after
I'm wondering if Thea maybe plans to stay with Roy because I mean technically she could do that. She could move to another town to be with the man she loves. But since she's not leaving the show, something Oliver related brings her back to Starling City. I just wonder if maybe they think they are going to have a life together but leaving Starling City in any kind of permanent way turns out to be more complicated for Thea than she thought it would be. So she has to go back home for the time being. But maybe with hope that one day they will figure out how to be together. I just say this because of what Felicity said to Thea about Roy starting a new life that includes Thea if she so chooses.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread