Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Moderator Manager

I had issues with TO, so can't really comment on that since I dropped the show early on
Old 12-03-2020, 03:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh sorry to hear that.

I watched for Joseph and well the whole mikaelson family really. I love them all.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yup! I also watched The Originals for Joseph/Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelsons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
^ His face is just perfect

I have my issues with TO, but Joseph really is an amazing actor and he totally deserved his own show, instead of continuing being a secondary character in TVD.
I totally agree. He did deserve his own show. It felt like season four was already a bit of a stretch for Joseph/Klaus in terms of him having a proper role on the show. Can anyone remember him making any kind of impact on the other characters or the season at all? I'm totally drawing a blank on that. He was mostly just there for me. I can't imagine that TPTB really had a plan for Klaus in season five, which is why I think he had to leave at the end of season four. I'm kind of glad TPTB gave us full-time Klaus on The Originals. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I heard about the spin-off, but it was better than nothing.

Last edited by rocky845; 12-04-2020 at 02:32 AM
Old 12-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

im glad it ended when it did. it really did run its course. but I did wish that Klaus could have spent some time with Hope on Legacies but Joseph made that clear that he has no interest in doing that.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I agree. It was the right time to end it. I enjoyed Klaus' journey, but I did wish he had had more of a relationship with teen!Hope. =( And I can understand why Joseph didn't want to make an appearance. I think he had already said goodbye to the character and bringing him back to Legacies would have been hard for him.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah I do understand his standpoint. but I still wish he had more time/scenes with him and his grown daughter. to see who she grown up to be. how much she has become like her parents. I would have loved to see Klaus and Hope fight/work together on things
Old 12-07-2020, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't like klamille though. any one but her or klaurora.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

I wasnt a fan of Klamille either
Old 12-08-2020, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
yeah I do understand his standpoint. but I still wish he had more time/scenes with him and his grown daughter. to see who she grown up to be. how much she has become like her parents. I would have loved to see Klaus and Hope fight/work together on things
I wanted that too, especially since the whole show was centered around Klaus making sure Hope would have a good, safe life. Why didn't TPTB show him connecting with her more?

Last edited by rocky845; 12-08-2020 at 03:33 AM
Old 12-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

right?? thats what I wanted to see too
Old 12-09-2020, 09:08 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I think it was a good decision for Joseph to not want to be part of Legacies. He was the lead in his own show and he got to give closure to his character in a way that he seemed to be very satisfied with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
I watched for Joseph and well the whole mikaelson family really. I love them all.
I started because of that as well!! But when they practically ruined Rebekah and her relationship with Klaus I just got way too annoyed with the show. Adding that to the fact that I don't like Hayley nor did I like Camille it just made sense to drop the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
I totally agree. He did deserve his own show. It felt like season four was already a bit of a stretch for Joseph/Klaus in terms of him having a proper role on the show. Can anyone remember him making any kind of impact on the other characters or the season at all? I'm totally drawing a blank on that. He was mostly just there for me. I can't imagine that TPTB really had a plan for Klaus in season five, which is why I think he had to leave at the end of season four. I'm kind of glad TPTB gave us full-time Klaus on The Originals. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I heard about the spin-off, but it was better than nothing.
I agree As much as I loved season 4, Klaus' presence there was stretched because as evil and powerful as he was, he just was too tamed there But we got some good Klaroline scenes so I'll take that as a win
No one deserved his own show more than Klaus, that's for sure!! And even if I didn't like the show I'm happy for Joseph that now only he got it, and it was a very lasting show

Apart from what I mentioned before with the show.. the baby plot/storyline just makes me roll my eyes so much even now that I sort of know what happened
Old 12-11-2020, 03:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea I didnt like Hayley or Camille either. but I still liked everyone else so I kept watching.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
^ I think it was a good decision for Joseph to not want to be part of Legacies. He was the lead in his own show and he got to give closure to his character in a way that he seemed to be very satisfied with.

I started because of that as well!! But when they practically ruined Rebekah and her relationship with Klaus I just got way too annoyed with the show. Adding that to the fact that I don't like Hayley nor did I like Camille it just made sense to drop the show

I agree As much as I loved season 4, Klaus' presence there was stretched because as evil and powerful as he was, he just was too tamed there But we got some good Klaroline scenes so I'll take that as a win
No one deserved his own show more than Klaus, that's for sure!! And even if I didn't like the show I'm happy for Joseph that now only he got it, and it was a very lasting show

Apart from what I mentioned before with the show.. the baby plot/storyline just makes me roll my eyes so much even now that I sort of know what happened
I totally get that. I can't imagine that another appearance would reveal anything important to Klaus and his story/journey.

I remember that. It didn't make sense for Rebekah to betray Klaus like she did, not after we watched her spend a thousand years by his side.

Right? As happy as I am that we got two full seasons of Klaus on The Vampire Diaries, especially the Klaroline bits, season four was mostly a blank for me in terms of Klaus' impact on the other characters and the show as a whole.

I totally agree. It was great to see Joseph take center stage and play the main character on his own show. A thousand years of experiences for Klaus meant that there were plenty of stories for us to discover. I'm glad we got to watch some of those experiences.

Last edited by rocky845; 12-24-2020 at 02:30 AM
Old 01-23-2021, 07:09 PM
Moderator Manager

In the long run it feels like it was a good decision both for Joseph and for Legacies as well, to give a final closure for Klaus, that way he could allow Legacies to grow on its own and not overshadow it.

Ugh... I HATED that.. I really used to love that bond that Klaus and Rebekah had, even with it's ups and downs... but having her siding with Marcel and actually getting Mikael there was just way too much for me

Yeah, in season 4 of TVD Klaus wasn't the bad guy anymore, but also wasn't part of the good guys, so he was basically there... it was a waste of such a great character... although i don't complain because I liked the interactions we got from him with the others, specially Caroline

I heard awesome things about the show from everybody, and Joseph is really awesome when it comes to acting skills! Just gotta go past my dislike of the other characters and thoroughly watch the show
Old 01-25-2021, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I agree with that whole bit. Clearly Joseph felt that Klaus' story ended with his death in When the Saints Go Marching In. I can't imagine that there is anything left to add or explore.

I remember that. I understood that Rebekah didn't appreciate it when Klaus didn't give her the space to explore her romantic relationship or when he rejoiced after her relationships didn't work out, but it was hard to believe that she would go as far as to sic Mikael on him. TPTB made it seem like her freedom was more important to her than Klaus' life. It didn't make sense to me.

Exactly. He was just there, and it was a waste of such a great character. I think TPTB could have found a way to incorporate/use Klaus in season four. I'm sure there are fanfictions out there that did Klaus' character justice.

I can understand that. I wouldn't have watched the show and kept watching the show if it hadn't been for Joseph. When I didn't like certain part of the show, Klaus/Joseph's ability to show Klaus' layers kept me tuning in. He was the one constant for me. I am curious to read your thoughts on the show if/when you watch it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread