Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for letting us know all about the books! I definitely won't be reading them
Old 03-09-2018, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea the books ain't worth it if I remember - LJ's writing wasn't even that good either
Old 03-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
All good. lol
The description of Kluas in the book fits Joseph Morgan but that's really it.

He really never turns good... Klaus is the one who killed Vickie in the books. In the tv show I forgot who it was... was it Damon??? Vickie got turned to a vampire and than died..... but yeah in the books Klaus is the one who kills Vickie.

Oh wait he did help Tyler become a werewolf in the books. Which works since Tyler is a mess in the book with no real character growth.. Tyler attempted to rape Elena in the books. Shows how terrible of a person he was.

Tyler and Caroline even worked together to make Elena's life miserable because Caroline wanted Stefan.... Caroline from the books is like Caroline from the first few episodes of season 1 of TVD.

Back to Klaus, he turned Katherine into a vampire to save her life... and Katherine at this time was not all that evil. Katherine even left Damon and Stefan high and dry because she blamed herself that the brothers were at war for her... however, she did not expect for Stefan and Damon to fight to the death after she left. That's how they turned into vampire since both had Katherine's blood in their system.

Katherine became more evil the longer she spent with Klaus who thought Katherine everything she knew for centuries, she became a sadistic evil person....and she returned when she heard of Elena... he had an issue with the Salvatores fighting over a rip off of her.

Klaus came to the city to ruin Damon, Elena and Elena lives since he blamed all 3 for Katherine dying. So Klaus sort of always had that connection with Katherine.
Which came first: book!Klaus or show!Klaus?

From what I remember, Damon killed human!Vicki and turned her into a vampire, and Stefan killed vampire!Vicky.

I wish we could have seen Klaus helping Tyler become a werewolf.

And the Klaus/Katherine parts intrigue me. They sound like quite a dynamic duo.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Book!Klaus due to how LJ Smith wrote the first 4 books well before the series and I remember having all 4 books literally the summer before TVD's pilot
Old 03-14-2018, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm so happy I know the answer now. Initially, I thought that L.J. Smith pulled a Daryl (i.e. after seeing that the character on the show is popular, the author decides to add the character to the book). Clearly, I didn't do much research on the books before I asked the question.

Last edited by rocky845; 03-27-2018 at 06:20 PM
Old 03-17-2018, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Though DE in the books was cause of the popularity I think
Old 03-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I see. I'm not surprised by that. Do you know/remember if Klaus being the other characters' sires make it into the books?...or was it irrelevant to the other characters' survivals?
Old 03-26-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
Which came first: book!Klaus or show!Klaus?

And the Klaus/Katherine parts intrigue me. They sound like quite a dynamic duo.
Of course it's book!Klaus. It's why the show added him but TVD did way more with him and I think that's all because of the unexpecting Elijah popularity... Elijah was not in the books but he became so popular on the series that they made the Originals Family and of course all the Mikaelson's became popular.

So, I think a huge thanks to Daniel Gillies (Elijah) for becoming popular and giving the writers so much more story to tell.

Yeah in the books their relationship is complicated but I prefer it in the books over than it is on the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Though DE in the books was cause of the popularity I think
A bit although Damon/Bonnie and Stefan/Elena were the most popular duos in the books.
Damon/Elena became more popular on the show.....

Quote:
^ I'm so happy I know the answer now. Initially, I thought that LJ Smith pulled a Daryl (i.e. after seeing that the character on the show is popular, the author decides to add the character to the book). Clearly, I didn't do much research on the books before I asked the question.
Haha. It's alright. lol Yeah, a lot of the characters are created from the book. Even if they weren't used the same.

Caroline from first half of season 1 is written like Caroline from the books.
And the main difference is the trio of Elena/Bonnie/Caroline, in the books it was Elena/Bonnie/Meredith.

It's why fans wanted Meredith appearance so much and than when she did appear, she was with Alaric but no big storyline.

Although Meredith and Alaric were together in the books as well.

Quote:
^ I see. I'm not surprised by that. Do you know/remember if Klaus being the other characters' sires make it into the books?...or was it irrelevant to the other characters' survivals?
Nope because the LJ Smith really didn't care that much to add more depth to Klaus.... The Originals and no one from the series is from the books. Because of course the Originals was only thought up on the series because of Elijah's popularity in Season 2....
Old 03-28-2018, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ITA on Alaric|Meredith in the books they were fantastic but also think it had to do with instead of Caroline - Meredith in the books was the 3rd within the friendship trio of Elena|Bonnie

I actually felt so disappointed related to Meredith's appearance on TVD was all excited when she came but just felt disappointment she wasn't awful and did like Alaric|Meredith - it just was that TVD did the 2nd personality storyline of Alaric to than bein Esther's pawn - so nothing further happened of Alaric|Meredith plus than Jo came along

Also Alaric in the books is different than our lovable Supernatural hunter teacher of the show

Quote:
I don't recall he was just in the 4th book and only thing I remember was he kidnapped Caroline with using her as a pawn
Old 04-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That was Klaus and Caroline's dynamic in the book? Yikes! Strangely enough, that makes me even more invested in the Klaus/Caroline relationship on the show. =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Of course it's book!Klaus. It's why the show added him but TVD did way more with him and I think that's all because of the unexpecting Elijah popularity... Elijah was not in the books but he became so popular on the series that they made the Originals Family and of course all the Mikaelson's became popular.

So, I think a huge thanks to Daniel Gillies (Elijah) for becoming popular and giving the writers so much more story to tell.

Yeah in the books their relationship is complicated but I prefer it in the books over than it is on the show.
Haha. It's alright. lol Yeah, a lot of the characters are created from the book. Even if they weren't used the same.

Caroline from first half of season 1 is written like Caroline from the books.
And the main difference is the trio of Elena/Bonnie/Caroline, in the books it was Elena/Bonnie/Meredith.

It's why fans wanted Meredith appearance so much and than when she did appear, she was with Alaric but no big storyline.

Although Meredith and Alaric were together in the books as well.
Nope because the LJ Smith really didn't care that much to add more depth to Klaus.... The Originals and no one from the series is from the books. Because of course the Originals was only thought up on the series because of Elijah's popularity in Season 2....
I'm glad TPTB gave Klaus' character more layers. Elijah's popularity resulted in Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelsons? I can buy that. I've always thought that Klaus' extended stay was a result of Joseph being so amazing that TPTB didn't want to let him slip away.

Ooh, color me even more intrigued. Tell me more about Klaus and Katherine's complicated relationship in the books.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm mostly curious to know how different the book!characters are to the show!characters, and whether TPTB did the show!characters a favor by changing them from how they were in the books. If I get super-curious, then I'll consider reading the books and finding out for myself. Right now, the chances of that happening are pretty low.

How interesting. I'm glad Klaus was more of a presence. It would have been a shame if he had been a one-season villain.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Think the major character changes is Bonnie where shp w has her a strong female witch where book she was more a walking victim but books have us loads Damon/Bonnie aka shipping before their first scene in 1x07

Caroline was similar or at least her S1 version but show really developed and used her - still say Kat turning her was a blessing

Kat herself is much better in the show

Salvatores 's are pretty much same besides being 500 years instead of just 164 related to turned in Ilaty which liked that comment from Stefan in S1

Elena think show made her stronger
Old 04-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x17 remarkablable watching him with his paining - painting New Orleans at night than adding in the moon - representing all parties
Old 04-08-2018, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Now its time to go through period of when Baby!Hope is "dead"
Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ The interesting thing for me is that the episodes before Hope was brought back to New Orleans were during the point in season two where I actually liked/tolerated Klaus. It's a backwards world.

Quote:
Think the major character changes is Bonnie where shp w has her a strong female witch where book she was more a walking victim but books have us loads Damon/Bonnie aka shipping before their first scene in 1x07

Caroline was similar or at least her S1 version but show really developed and used her - still say Kat turning her was a blessing

Kat herself is much better in the show

Salvatores 's are pretty much same besides being 500 years instead of just 164 related to turned in Ilaty which liked that comment from Stefan in S1

Elena think show made her stronger
Thank you for telling me about the differences between the books and the show. I'm going to accept your take on things, since reading the books isn't exactly a top priority.

Quote:
1x17 remarkablable watching him with his paining - painting New Orleans at night than adding in the moon - representing all parties
I'm always amazed at his artistic talent. That painting was so beautiful that I wish I could buy it and hang it on my wall.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

End of 2nd season of what he does to gain the trust of Dahlia its so hard what he does but absolutely agree with the actions that he took - he needed to do everything to gain Dahlia's trust
Closed Thread   Post New Thread