Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Good to know. Now I'm curious to find out Tia's opinion. =p To be honest, I would only be reading it for the Klaus bits...even though I know he doesn't survive the books.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll have to poke Tia
Old 01-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yes, that would work. I want to know if book!Klaus is better or worse than tv!Klaus. =p Her opinion will help me decide if the books are worth the read.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ The Bonnie/Damon and Stefan/Elena appreciation in the books is something that I've heard a lot about. What do you think? I know it's been a while since you've read them, but would you recommend the books?
I don't know, I'm in the middle.
I think the book respected both relationships a lot more than the tv series ever did... but I think the books isn't written the best, but it's not written the worst...

I guess it can't hurt to give them a try.

Also, Elena and Bonnie personalities are sort of replaced. In the Books, BONNIE is the one who sees the best in Damon and easily forgives everything he does whereas Elena sees him as the evil monster he is and calls him out on it... well in the beginning.
Also Elena personality is different in the book, she s blonde who is a bit unlikable.... she's like Caroline probably.

Bonnie in the books is just so naive and forgiving. Bonnie in the show is complete opposite and doesn't have time for the nonsense.

What I loved about Bamon in the books though is that Damon was always evil, however BONNIE! is the one he connects with first, before he even knows of Elena's existence. He kissed and saved her before he knew of Elena's name... so the Bamon connection has nothing to do with Elena.
I think it confused Damon as to why he really couldn't hurt her... I think he just felt this protectiveness over her from the first moment he met her and she's the person he never could hurt...

Whereas with Elena, he is only attracted to her because he wants to win her as a prize away from Stefan... he wants her to be his Queen of Darkness.

Also of course unfortunately the Vampire Diaries tv shows took a Bamon scene from the books and gave it to Delena...
Elena met Damon first on TVD but she was compelled by Damon to forget about it so she believes she met Stefan first...
In the books, Bonnie met Damon first... but Damon compelled Bonnie to forget about it...

That's why I shipped Damon/Bonnie in the book because with Elena, it's all about winning a medal and a prize to get Elena, where as with Bonnie, he unexpectedly falls for her. Although I did start to enjoy some DE scenes in the books... just not them being together...

The books never finished from the original author LJ Smith... she was replaced because ofr stories she wanted. The last book written from LJ Smith is, "The Return: Midnight".... and the next like 6 books is from a ghostwriter, and Damon/Elena are endgame in it.... I think I heard that because I definitely didn't read it since I didn't appreciate LJ Smith getting kicked off her own book series.

LJ Smith eventually decided to continue her books though in Kindle form. So... for me, I take that a little more seriously... she still didn't finish the books but she's working on them. But in the recent books... Damon/Elena are together... because Elena sort of forgets her life with Stefan. Damon pretty much has everything he wants.... but it's not enough. He misses his brother and he's in love with Bonnie... And I guess it's not all the satisfying since Elena memories are all over the place...

Old 01-04-2018, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Somebody has a lot to say Tia may have a better recall of the books - that's why I know I read like 6-8 of the books but that was WAY back

I will comment on the fact that the books weren't written quite that well I do remember that
Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^Well you knew I would. Especially when it comes to the relationships...
I'd say that I feel the same about Stefan in the books and in the show, that he deserved better.

I loved that Stefan was a Bamon shipper as well. Made me happy. lol

Caroline and Tyler were a disgrace in the book.

Meredith was the trio of Bonnie/Elena/Meredith... instead of the version on the show of Bonnie/Caroline/Elena....

Elena had a little sister, not a brother.

The Originals family didn't exist... the only reason it exist on the show is because of how popular Elijah became...

I prefer Bonnie on the show though, she's way to naive in the books for me.
Damon, I feel the same about him in the show and book... love and hate relationship although in the books I felt he actually grew whereas I NEVER felt he did on TVD... on TVD he'd do something so beautiful and than do something so evil and stupid...
Old 01-06-2018, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I felt the books were more 2D associated to how I only Stelena and Bamon where also agree that Bonnie from the books was cute|naive but the show's version of Kat was 1000x times better - plus wasn't much of an Elena fan of the books if I remember. Where the show had me apprecating pretty much ALL dynamics either shipping or just appreciation

Even if TVD had its problems - felt their "original" ideas of like making Jeremy instead of a young sister and Caroline was treated 10000000 times better and just a lot of things the show did better even if I say that the show had many of problems - show fleshed out characters a lot better and just feel the show 1000x better
Old 01-24-2018, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Pretty much agree, and we would have never gotten the Originals in the books since besides the Salvatores, it seemed like the villains didn't really have any depth to them.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not even the Foxes and the villain at first was Katherine and even that was payhetic
Old 02-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree. It was difficult to really care about Katherine in the books. lol
Old 02-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never read the books, and I honestly don't think I ever will..
Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalღcaliber (View Post)
I've never read the books, and I honestly don't think I ever will..
You aren't missing much.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I concur and I don't remember much of it
Old 02-28-2018, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I don't know, I'm in the middle.
I think the book respected both relationships a lot more than the tv series ever did... but I think the books isn't written the best, but it's not written the worst...

I guess it can't hurt to give them a try.

Also, Elena and Bonnie personalities are sort of replaced. In the Books, BONNIE is the one who sees the best in Damon and easily forgives everything he does whereas Elena sees him as the evil monster he is and calls him out on it... well in the beginning.
Also Elena personality is different in the book, she s blonde who is a bit unlikable.... she's like Caroline probably.

Bonnie in the books is just so naive and forgiving. Bonnie in the show is complete opposite and doesn't have time for the nonsense.

What I loved about Bamon in the books though is that Damon was always evil, however BONNIE! is the one he connects with first, before he even knows of Elena's existence. He kissed and saved her before he knew of Elena's name... so the Bamon connection has nothing to do with Elena.
I think it confused Damon as to why he really couldn't hurt her... I think he just felt this protectiveness over her from the first moment he met her and she's the person he never could hurt...

Whereas with Elena, he is only attracted to her because he wants to win her as a prize away from Stefan... he wants her to be his Queen of Darkness.

Also of course unfortunately the Vampire Diaries tv shows took a Bamon scene from the books and gave it to Delena...
Elena met Damon first on TVD but she was compelled by Damon to forget about it so she believes she met Stefan first...
In the books, Bonnie met Damon first... but Damon compelled Bonnie to forget about it...

That's why I shipped Damon/Bonnie in the book because with Elena, it's all about winning a medal and a prize to get Elena, where as with Bonnie, he unexpectedly falls for her. Although I did start to enjoy some DE scenes in the books... just not them being together...

The books never finished from the original author LJ Smith... she was replaced because ofr stories she wanted. The last book written from LJ Smith is, "The Return: Midnight".... and the next like 6 books is from a ghostwriter, and Damon/Elena are endgame in it.... I think I heard that because I definitely didn't read it since I didn't appreciate LJ Smith getting kicked off her own book series.

LJ Smith eventually decided to continue her books though in Kindle form. So... for me, I take that a little more seriously... she still didn't finish the books but she's working on them. But in the recent books... Damon/Elena are together... because Elena sort of forgets her life with Stefan. Damon pretty much has everything he wants.... but it's not enough. He misses his brother and he's in love with Bonnie... And I guess it's not all the satisfying since Elena memories are all over the place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^Well you knew I would. Especially when it comes to the relationships...
I'd say that I feel the same about Stefan in the books and in the show, that he deserved better.

I loved that Stefan was a Bamon shipper as well. Made me happy. lol

Caroline and Tyler were a disgrace in the book.

Meredith was the trio of Bonnie/Elena/Meredith... instead of the version on the show of Bonnie/Caroline/Elena....

Elena had a little sister, not a brother.

The Originals family didn't exist... the only reason it exist on the show is because of how popular Elijah became...

I prefer Bonnie on the show though, she's way to naive in the books for me.
Damon, I feel the same about him in the show and book... love and hate relationship although in the books I felt he actually grew whereas I NEVER felt he did on TVD... on TVD he'd do something so beautiful and than do something so evil and stupid...

Oh, wow! I've heard enough about the books to know that the characters that I've seen on the show are different in the books. You went above and beyond. I only really wanted to know what Klaus was like in the books...but I do appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the characters in the books.

Last edited by rocky845; 02-28-2018 at 08:05 PM
Old 03-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)

Oh, wow! I've heard enough about the books to know that the characters that I've seen on the show are different in the books. You went above and beyond. I only really wanted to know what Klaus was like in the books...but I do appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the characters in the books.
All good. lol
The description of Kluas in the book fits Joseph Morgan but that's really it.

He really never turns good... Klaus is the one who killed Vickie in the books. In the tv show I forgot who it was... was it Damon??? Vickie got turned to a vampire and than died..... but yeah in the books Klaus is the one who kills Vickie.

Oh wait he did help Tyler become a werewolf in the books. Which works since Tyler is a mess in the book with no real character growth.. Tyler attempted to rape Elena in the books. Shows how terrible of a person he was.

Tyler and Caroline even worked together to make Elena's life miserable because Caroline wanted Stefan.... Caroline from the books is like Caroline from the first few episodes of season 1 of TVD.

Back to Klaus, he turned Katherine into a vampire to save her life... and Katherine at this time was not all that evil. Katherine even left Damon and Stefan high and dry because she blamed herself that the brothers were at war for her... however, she did not expect for Stefan and Damon to fight to the death after she left. That's how they turned into vampire since both had Katherine's blood in their system.

Katherine became more evil the longer she spent with Klaus who thought Katherine everything she knew for centuries, she became a sadistic evil person....and she returned when she heard of Elena... he had an issue with the Salvatores fighting over a rip off of her.

Klaus came to the city to ruin Damon, Elena and Elena lives since he blamed all 3 for Katherine dying. So Klaus sort of always had that connection with Katherine.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread