Episode 6 - Gone

Discuss away!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

hello!
my name is vikki!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Vikki! Are you gonna take part in the episode discussion?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, here it goes:

I love the small Jake/Ham scene during the game at the beginning. Hee.

Sean is such a cutie. Sean/Bella were adorable in that scene (aren't they always?). I love how Scout and Sean don't even say hello to each other. Boys.

Scout really wants to know if they're related or not. To either move on if it's true, or to finally get together with Bella. It must be horrible for him to be at that point of uncertainty right now.

I love the discussion in class. Will believes in destiny, Scout thinks that you can change things if you want. It really reflects their personalities quite well, doesn't it?

I'm actually with Bella on this for once. Though Donna may biologically her mother, she stopped being her mother when she left 10 years ago.

Scout's "Fell in love?" made me squee. He just really loves her.

Ah, the magic reappearance of Caroline! I find it weird that Caroline and Will apparently never talked about the Cotillion. I was under the impression that they would've done that the morning after, after class, when Will gave her the note.

Oh my! So I think we have already established that I have a tiny weakness for Ryder, right?

I love the J/H "hi boy" scene. That always makes me giggle. And the snarkyness in the Ryder/Jake/Ham scene! And hello, Ryder/Jake anyone? That was like so obvious.

Ryder/Caroline cracks me up. I don't get how a seemingly smart girl like her would fall for someone like him. I love Ryder's look when he finds out Will is tutoring Caroline.

Will and Ryder have such a strange relationship. I mean, Will hates him, apparently, yet he talks to him and even does stuff like write the poem for Ryder. I know he's doing it for the money, but still. When Ryder tells Will and Scout about Jake and Ham Scout is trying to protect them. Aww.

Jake is so unaffected by Ryder's remarks. Ham on the other hand... *sigh*

I love the Will/Scout and Jake/Ham scene, talking about each other. Hehe.

Kate Fleming is such a cute mum. And Ham is such a cute son! Now if only she hadn't had that affair with Finn, I might actually like her a lot better.

I love how nobody in the common room pays attention to the tv anymore and everyone is focused on the conversation between Will, Scout and Hamilton. And they even bet on it! Hahahaha. Heterosexual teenage boys are so pathetic.

Yet another boring Caroline/Will scene. That poem he wrote wasn't all that good, was it?

Bella and Sean are so adorable. If you look at things from Sean's perspective, you can't help but agree with him. It's none of Scout's business if Bella wants to get in contact with her mother or not. And later he's also right. I couldn't live with "pretty sure" either. And apparently neither can Scout.

Of course Jake should have a say in whether Ham moves in with her. But poor innocent Ham. He just wanted to fix things and be able to be with her all the time. Bless him.

Why doesn't Will simply tell Caroline everything. My God, I can't take the drama. But I guess that would mean he would have to stop feeling sorry for himself for a second. Oh, the Will/Ryder subtext is absolutely killing me here!!

Scout is all concerned about Ham when he's sitting in the window. Aww, cutie.

Jake totally lets her guard down with Bella when they talk about her pants, doesn't she? I would've thought she would be more careful than that. I love their chat inside later though. Really cute, with all the giggling.

"This isn't worth it" - I really wanted to smack Ham for that. God! How could he say that?! Sigh. I guess he's right, he's an idiot. But we still love him, don't we? That kiss. Oh dear.

Ryder is so into Will. Please tell me I'm not imagining it! "Don't worry love, saving some for you" and then that finger! GUH!

I love Bella's party. The Scout/Bella scene really breaks my heart. Oh Scout.

And yeah, Will and Caroline kiss. Boring. I'll rather focus on Jake and Ham walking past. Someone once wrote fic about the fact that they were holding hands in that scene and honestly? It totally looks like that.

Anyone else wanna share their thoughts?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, it's been a while since I last watched the eps. Got them all on tape, but I don't own a VCR.

I am, however, quite sure that the famous tongue kiss between Jake and Hamilton take place in this ep. Seen it? Yeah. That's my only comment at the moment.

(I am currently re-watching them all on youtube, even though the audio is out of sync)

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, this is the episode with the tongue kiss.

It's a shame you can only watch the youtube ones!
Old 03-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, poor me. Good thing I've got you to the rescue.

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I do everything it takes to spread the YA love.

Nobody wanna share their thoughts on the episode?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I finally watched it

And yeah again I took notes, Ill post my notes first then Ill comment on the stuff Anja noticed that I'd missed out.

Here goes:

Jake and Hamilton dont know how to keep a secret well do they? very cosy during the game scene at the beginning

Finns intense glare at Will You guys and your fanfic talk have got me seeing thing now

'Fell in love with my brother'?! in a day? eww, seriously, way to be over dramatic Bella. And then the whole 'fell in love' thing that Scout says, it just made me cringe.

'no one to keep you warm'? Isnt it like the middle of Summer? why would Caroline need someone to keep her warm?

WOOOOOOW, Ryder catches them as they look like they're ready to take each others clothes off!
And the scene with Jake later, ever seen so much gorgeousness in one shot? definately sensing some Jake/Ryder as he leans across

Ryder/Caroline? is this like just another bid to make everyone related to each other like a spiderweb, I dont see what they'd see in each other at all. and she has got to be stupid for thinking Ryder is a sweet guy! he's not, he's hot and thats why we love him.

OHMIGOD Shirtless Ryder, he looks so much better than Will and Scout
'Ello cheap import'
And then the sun glasses
no amount of smilies can contain how much I squeed during the shirtless Ryder scene.
'Caught them making out in the common room yesterday', the expression on Will and Scouts face is priceless! way to be subtle Ryder!
at how he keeps throwing the guy in the lake.
and again he notices the deans daughter is a pretty one interesting how he doesnt tell Hamilton than Jakes a pretty girl, could have made things more intense with them thinking he's found out.

Im actually leaning through shipping Bella/Will, if Sean/Bella ever break up that is, I mean not that there's any chemistry between them they just seem really sweet towards each other.

'Im moving in with Jake', everyone with the weird stares
Well thats settled

Ryder AND shirtless Sean all in one epi?

Hamilton really doesnt know much about relationships, does he? he should have OKd it with Jake first

'I did this to screw Caroline' Ooh, way to have a come back ryder!

'Well Im not gonna jump' Aww poor Hamilton, so depressed, and Will and Scout so worried about them having broken up

How is it that Jake doesnt get free fill ups when everyone else does ?

Love the girl talk scene, though I would have expected Bella to tell her about scout seeing as she now knows JAkes deepest darkest secret, but then again if she had it would have been weird what with her telling Sena in the same episode

Stop checking out your sister in her bikini Scout
And one thing I didnt get from this scene, she asks Scout wether he got the adress from her house and he says yes well he didnt he took it from the trash at the gas station.

'I love you' 'Yeah I know', WTF, when did Jake become Han Solo?!

'Saving some for you' and then the finger , god he has chemistry with everyone, even Will/Tree

Ooh and I noticed Will wearing a blue shirt at the end!

Quote:
Ah, the magic reappearance of Caroline! I find it weird that Caroline and Will apparently never talked about the Cotillion. I was under the impression that they would've done that the morning after, after class, when Will gave her the note.
Oh I didnt notice that, yeah weird.

Quote:
Yet another boring Caroline/Will scene. That poem he wrote wasn't all that good, was it?
They have zero, zero chemistry together and no it wasnt good, I was all like, thats it???!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 01-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Wednesday (View Post)
'no one to keep you warm'? Isnt it like the middle of Summer? why would Caroline need someone to keep her warm?
What I didn't understand is how she could just jet off to Italy in the middle of Summer Session. I know the summer classes are meant to be more lax than those during the year but still, that's just pushing it.

Quote:
WOOOOOOW, Ryder catches them as they look like they're ready to take each others clothes off!
And the scene with Jake later, ever seen so much gorgeousness in one shot? definately sensing some Jake/Ryder as he leans across
Agreed. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife. I love Hamilton after Ryder leaves "That was funny" He's so clueless

Quote:
'Ello cheap import'
That's why I love Scout. I wish they would've wrapped up the Scout/Bella storyline earlier so we could get more of Scout's awesome one-liners.

Quote:
'Im moving in with Jake', everyone with the weird stares
Well thats settled

'Well Im not gonna jump' Aww poor Hamilton, so depressed, and Will and Scout so worried about them having broken up
I love how cool Will & Scout are about the relationship. I mean, they are a little freaked at the beginning but for the most part they just shrug their shoulders and accept it. And Ham is so emo. Like Nicole said to me once, Ham was emo before the world knew what emo was

Quote:
'I love you' 'Yeah I know', WTF, when did Jake become Han Solo?!
! But what did you think of the kiss in that scene?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

You watched it!

Quote:
Finns intense glare at Will You guys and your fanfic talk have got me seeing thing now
It's not our fault that they are so obvious.

Quote:
'Fell in love with my brother'?! in a day? eww, seriously, way to be over dramatic Bella.
Agreed.

Quote:
and again he notices the deans daughter is a pretty one interesting how he doesnt tell Hamilton than Jakes a pretty girl, could have made things more intense with them thinking he's found out.
That really would've been an interesting twist! But I guess he knows that Jake doesn't care about anything he has to say, so calling Jake a girl would not have had any effect. Calling Ham one, on the other hand, totally annoyed Ham, which is exactly what Ryder wanted.

Quote:
Hamilton really doesnt know much about relationships, does he? he should have OKd it with Jake first
He's a 15-year-old boy in his very first relationship, what do you expect?

Quote:
How is it that Jake doesnt get free fill ups when everyone else does ?
Maybe because she and Bella never really interacted before? Then again, Bella doesn't seem to mind giving total strangers something on the house...

Quote:
Love the girl talk scene, though I would have expected Bella to tell her about scout seeing as she now knows JAkes deepest darkest secret, but then again if she had it would have been weird what with her telling Sena in the same episode
I guess she either does it to protect herself, Scout, Scout's dad etc, or because she's afraid that Jake might turn out to be another person telling her she should contact her mother and find out...

Quote:
And one thing I didnt get from this scene, she asks Scout wether he got the adress from her house and he says yes well he didnt he took it from the trash at the gas station.
Well, they live in the gas station, so technically it was from her house? Or at least the trash can in front of her house?

Quote:
Ooh and I noticed Will wearing a blue shirt at the end!
OMG you're right! Might this be the end of the Will/red shirt love affair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon_collie (View Post)
What I didn't understand is how she could just jet off to Italy in the middle of Summer Session. I know the summer classes are meant to be more lax than those during the year but still, that's just pushing it.
I don't really get it either. It's the same with Ryder only arriving for classes weeks after they actually started in episode 3. Sometimes I think Rawley doesn't seem to follow any rules normal people could understand.

Quote:
Like Nicole said to me once, Ham was emo before the world knew what emo was
Old 01-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But what did you think of the kiss in that scene?
Well theres really no explanation needed to express the squeeing I did at that scene again with the head grabbing

Quote:
That really would've been an interesting twist! But I guess he knows that Jake doesn't care about anything he has to say, so calling Jake a girl would not have had any effect. Calling Ham one, on the other hand, totally annoyed Ham, which is exactly what Ryder wanted.
Plus Ryder thinks Hamiltons pretty hmm, subtext perhaps?
OK Ive said this a thousand times but again, wow at the accent, he makes everything sound hot.

Quote:
Maybe because she and Bella never really interacted before? Then again, Bella doesn't seem to mind giving total strangers something on the house...
She gave Paige a free fillup on the house and Paige doesnt even like her

Quote:
OMG you're right! Might this be the end of the Will/red shirt love affair?
Yeah maybe the writers were trying to slowly detach us from the red shirt love affair.

I would have loved to see Rawley during the school term not just summer, see if the rules are stricer then than during the summer, or maybe its a case of buying what you want with money?

Quote:
Like Nicole said to me once, Ham was emo before the world knew what emo was
Awesome and so totally true

Old 01-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
OHMIGOD Shirtless Ryder, he looks so much better than Will and Scout
All the boys were shirtless in this episode, weren't they?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup they were, great opputunity to compare I pick Ryder

Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yup they were, great opputunity to compare I pick Ryder
I'm gonna have to go with Ham on this one.