Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2020, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

20 Years Anniversary - July 12, 2020: A Final Celebration

Everyone has a summer they'll never forget...

Today marks the 20th anniversary of Young Americans airing on The WB, which means it's time to celebrate! Celebrate this lovely show that has touched so many of us, these actors that we've fallen in love with two decades ago and still follow now, and most of all this incredible community here.

thank you.
Everyone of you has a part in this celebration, no matter how small. You're all part of this community here, of "the little board that could". Nobody will ever understand how we kept the board going for so long, least of all us, but we did, thanks to every single one of you that stopped by, no matter if just for one post or for one hundred.

We're not quite sure how to say this, so we're just going to come right out with it: with this wonderful celebration, an anniversary I don't think any of us ever expected to reach here on FF, our time here on FF will come to an end on July 26th. We've spent months agonizing over this decision, but it seems like the right time now. Quit while you're ahead, right? There's not quite anything we could ever do to top a 20th anniversary.

And so our adventure ends. And some of us found our heroes, and others uncovered their fears. And one might even say: we've triumphed.
I'm not sure if it happened that day or that summer, but somehow we all felt older, and different. I knew I'd never forget any of it, and I decided I wasn't gonna let it end.
Because I realized we're not just given life experience. We're given the experience of life.

Let's party like it's the summer of 2000, one final time!
Old 07-12-2020, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

On a personal note: I started posting on this board seventeen years ago, and became a moderator sixteen years ago. I've met my closest friends here, got introduced to online fandom, and grew up on here. I've suffered the biggest tragedies and losses in my time on FF, and the biggest triumphs, and through it all this wonderful community of people here on this board has been by my side. Thank you for years, no, decades of friendship, and I hope this won't be the end for them. I'll always be on twitter under the same name if you want to reach out.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi everyone!

Happy anniversary and thank you all for being a part of this amazing journey. I can't believe I was still a teenager in high school when I started posting here. Many years and many changes later, this board has become a stable and important part of my life. After 12 years of posting and moderating, it's very difficult to let go but we both believe that 20 is a great number to go out on and a wonderful milestone for the little board that could.
I'm forever thankful for all the people here and the memories over the years and I do hope this is not goodbye, because as they say on the show, "who says it's over"

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-12-2020, 10:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

Happy Anniversary!! WOW 20 years! it doesn't seem possible!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 07-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow Happy Anniversary

I can't believe how time flies! It's amazing that you guys made this board a staple here for all these years, that's not an easy fete! I guess this anniversary is bittersweet. There's something about being able to say goodbye on your terms.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Huge congrats on your 20 year anniversary

Icon by Fiona
Old 07-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

This is absolutely amazing! Congratulations on 20 years! No better way than to go out in style!

Tori
Old 07-12-2020, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
On a personal note: I started posting on this board seventeen years ago, and became a moderator sixteen years ago. I've met my closest friends here, got introduced to online fandom, and grew up on here. I've suffered the biggest tragedies and losses in my time on FF, and the biggest triumphs, and through it all this wonderful community of people here on this board has been by my side. Thank you for years, no, decades of friendship, and I hope this won't be the end for them. I'll always be on twitter under the same name if you want to reach out.
Sure make me cry girl.No problem at all.

20 years. It's unbelievable. I never really was a regular poster here, but still, I can't put in words how much this board means to me.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 07-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Congrats on an amazing 20 years everyone! This board has been around longer than I have been a member here and I don't think any other TV board will come as close to being around this long for a show with only 8 episodes.

Many thanks to Anja & Sheida for keeping this board around for so long. I'm sad that the board is closing but 20 years is an achievement and all good things do come to an end.

On a personal note: Anja! One of my longest friends. I can only count the number of my oldbie FF friends who are still here (that includes you) so this makes me sad but I still hope to see you around here from time to time. I know this is a difficult decision for you but the board had a good run and you all did a good job keeping it around for this long so congrats.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 07-13-2020, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Happy anniversary and thank you all for being a part of this amazing journey. I can't believe I was still a teenager in high school when I started posting here. Many years and many changes later, this board has become a stable and important part of my life. After 12 years of posting and moderating, it's very difficult to let go but we both believe that 20 is a great number to go out on and a wonderful milestone for the little board that could.
I'm forever thankful for all the people here and the memories over the years and I do hope this is not goodbye, because as they say on the show, "who says it's over"
To think that without this board, you wouldn't ever have to deal with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICoNicღ (View Post)
Sure make me cry girl.No problem at all.

20 years. It's unbelievable. I never really was a regular poster here, but still, I can't put in words how much this board means to me.
Believe me, I've made myself cry multiple times over this and you're definitely a regular here, always and forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
On a personal note: Anja! One of my longest friends. I can only count the number of my oldbie FF friends who are still here (that includes you) so this makes me sad but I still hope to see you around here from time to time. I know this is a difficult decision for you but the board had a good run and you all did a good job keeping it around for this long so congrats.
Lindsay It's crazy how long we've known each other! I was 15 when I started posting here, I've spent more than half my life on here now
Old 07-13-2020, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Believe me, I've made myself cry multiple times over this and you're definitely a regular here, always and forever!
Awwww....
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 07-13-2020, 01:59 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Congratulations on this amazing milestone.

It continues to amaze me that the board has survived for so long when the show only had 8 episodes. This was the first board I posted on at , so seeing it go is definitely bittersweet.

Thanks to Anja & Sheida for their leadership here over the past years. While I'm sad to see the board close, I completely understand the decision.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Oh my, I know I don't deserve to show any kind of emotion given I barely posted here, but here I am, tearing up. Sheida and Anja, you girls rock so much. Seriously. No better pair of mods out there. Without you girls this board wouldn't have made it as long as it did, the dedication you girls have is remarkable. I have modded so many shows that only had a few episodes, and those boards never lasted. As sad as it is that this board will be moved to the archives in a couple weeks, just the fact that this board existed 20 years after only 8 episodes, is a total testament to you two.

Now I am going to go before I start crying for real.

At least after this board goes, the show will still have threads here at at Matt and Ian, so at least there will be some YA love still going around.

And Jess, your posts in here prove your a softie at heart, just saying
Old 07-13-2020, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Congratulations to this board and to Anja and Sheida and all the amazingly loyal and dedicated people who posted here over the years. I can remember the day that this board was added, and I can't believe that it's been 20 years since that happened!

Young Americans only aired 8 episodes and it was only on the air for less than 2 months, but the board has remained here as a testimony to that show and the stars of that show, and I'm sincerely grateful to everyone involved for all of us to be able to post about this show twenty years after it first aired.

Congratulations on this incredible milestone, and my thanks and best wishes to all of you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-14-2020, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Wow! That’s so incredible that you guys have made it 20 years!

I have always been so impressed with this board, lasting as long as it has, with only 8 episodes of the entire series! It is quite a feat and nothing to be ashamed of to go out on your own terms after 20 years & only 8 episodes!

Congrats to the 2 mods on such a huge, wonderful milestone and I know that you’ll have fond memories forever of this board and your time here on !

Jess & Carmen, I always forget Matt was in this show!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street