Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Mary Crawley & Anthony Foyle #1: "You fill my brain. I see you when I close my eyes."

#1;
mary crawley & tony foyle

appreciation thread

x

x
Supporters:

1. Countess.
2. hlgreenie
3. Rastapopoulos
4. Lauren60

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 01-03-2014 at 11:20 PM
Old 11-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's certainly quiet in here... LOL! Poor Tony.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Come on, anyone? I opened this as I know we have some posters here who ship them.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Then I'll start.

Make no mistake, I'm rooting for Mary to choose Evelyn if she has to pick someone in S4. But I'm a fan of Tom Cullen who plays Tony and believe he's a sensitive, hardworking actor who deserves whatever success he gets. Sooo I hope he can stick around on DA.
Come tonight's episode Tony Gillingham may be outed for bad behavior since I know many of you suspect something's fishy with him. Until then, I say innocent until proven guilty!

What I enjoy about Tony's appearances, whether his motives are genuine or not, is that he rekindles feelings in Mary that she probably never thought she'd have again after Matthew died. She's so attracted to him. I love that she practically bites her tongue to contain herself when he comes up the stairs in episode 7. And it's fun to see someone break all the rules of English decorum -- they barely know each other but he's already a step away from reciting poetry on the stage for her. "I've been missing you," "I think about you all the time," "I will never love again as I love you in this moment..." Meanwhile Evelyn is twiddling his thumbs nervously in the background. Poor dear.

Eep! I can't wait to find out what happens next for this character.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for your input!

I am not on-board with them yet but I need to see the developments in the following episodes and see for myself if I'd want him to be with Mary. Obviously he still has feelings for her and Mary is hiding it right now but I want her to realize it and I think the ball is in her court if she also reciprocates these feelings.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
And it's fun to see someone break all the rules of English decorum -- they barely know each other but he's already a step away from reciting poetry on the stage for her. "I've been missing you," "I think about you all the time," "I will never love again as I love you in this moment..." Meanwhile Evelyn is twiddling his thumbs nervously in the background. Poor dear.

I liked him more in the last episode. He didn't come off as strong as before even if he broke the engagement.

Quote:
Obviously he still has feelings for her and Mary is hiding it right now but I want her to realize it and I think the ball is in her court if she also reciprocates these feelings.
It's obvious Mary has feelings for him too (just not as much as he does for her) but I wonder why she's repressing them so much. Other than guilt, I don't know, because she isn't like that with Blake.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

So I really don't ship these two, but if Tom Cullen had his usual scruffy beard in Downton I would be much, much more tempted to jump ship.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 11-13-2013, 02:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Amen. Tom seriously rocks his facial hair.

Maité I absolutely agree with you, he seemed a bit softer in the last ep. But I think it's more because Mary knew how to handle him this time, instead of blush and wonder what to say. Their cafe scene was masterfully done!

And Violet calling him the "most unconvincing fiance ever" at the bazaar was hilarious!! Wonder if we will ever get to see the famous Ms. Mabel Lane-Fox.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay, so I'm the first to be added. Please go on, Lindsay!
I wouldn't consider myself as a too dedicated shipper but I don't dislike him and he has only been on his best behaviour, so I think he definitely needs his own thread. Along with Mary, of course.

I'm anxious to see what's going to happen to their relationship.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

Please add me

I pretty much like her with all 3 suitors at this point I guess I'd go with Evelyn as my fav just cos I feel bad cos he's liked her the longest, but I do love Tony and Mary's chemistry and I love Tom Cullen (he needs to have his facial hair on downton )
Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Added you both and welcome!

I don't dislike them either but I'm not on-board yet. I hope Mary will not say yes to a proposal on CS (if there is one). I want them both explored more in S5.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Then I'll start.

Make no mistake, I'm rooting for Mary to choose Evelyn if she has to pick someone in S4. But I'm a fan of Tom Cullen who plays Tony and believe he's a sensitive, hardworking actor who deserves whatever success he gets. Sooo I hope he can stick around on DA.
Come tonight's episode Tony Gillingham may be outed for bad behavior since I know many of you suspect something's fishy with him. Until then, I say innocent until proven guilty!

What I enjoy about Tony's appearances, whether his motives are genuine or not, is that he rekindles feelings in Mary that she probably never thought she'd have again after Matthew died. She's so attracted to him. I love that she practically bites her tongue to contain herself when he comes up the stairs in episode 7. And it's fun to see someone break all the rules of English decorum -- they barely know each other but he's already a step away from reciting poetry on the stage for her. "I've been missing you," "I think about you all the time," "I will never love again as I love you in this moment..." Meanwhile Evelyn is twiddling his thumbs nervously in the background. Poor dear.

Eep! I can't wait to find out what happens next for this character.
I don't ship them but he's hot I honestly think he's a romantic, for some reason he makes me think of Gatsby ( guy falls ridiculously in love with girl and doesn't get girl ). LOL I hope he doesn't share that fate but Tom Cullen is lovely to look at ( and a nice guy too ).

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Moderator Manager

Ditto on Tom Cullen. I really need to see Weekend already.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Ditto on Tom Cullen. I really need to see Weekend already.
Tom is very good in Weekend. I'm glad I hadn't yet seen him play Lord Gillingham when I first saw it. Although, there is a scene in the end so beautiful I couldn't help comparing it later on when I saw him and Michelle kiss on DA. I know he's not gay in real life, but boy oh boy, his chemistry with Chris New was a million times more electric! Like wow. The way I remember it -- though I've only seen Weekend once, mind you -- if Tony kissed Mary like that she would have said YES to his proposal right away.

I never thought about the Gatsby angle before. Do you think Tony would take a fall for Mary, the way Gatsby took the blame when Daisy hit someone with her car? Not that Downton would come to a plot point like that (I don't think, lol) but just out of speculation on Tony's character. I wonder if his adoration for Mary is unconditional.

Last edited by ediedoyle; 11-21-2013 at 06:12 AM
Old 11-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Tom is very good in Weekend. I'm glad I hadn't yet seen him play Lord Gillingham when I first saw it. Although, there is a scene in the end so beautiful I couldn't help comparing it later on when I saw him and Michelle kiss on DA. I know he's not gay in real life, but boy oh boy, his chemistry with Chris New was a million times more electric! Like wow. The way I remember it -- though I've only seen Weekend once, mind you -- if Tony kissed Mary like that she would have said YES to his proposal right away.

I never thought about the Gatsby angle before. Do you think Tony would take a fall for Mary, the way Gatsby took the blame when Daisy hit someone with her car? Not that Downton would come to a plot point like that (I don't think, lol) but just out of speculation on Tony's character. I wonder if his adoration for Mary is unconditional.
Yeeees that scene! Do watch Weekend, it's fantastic.

Do you mean like with the murder thing? I don't think he'd get the chance to..

But I don't think it's love love as in unconditional love, but more like "I love the idea of you and me"--for lack of a better word, like a dream.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.