Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

If Evelyn is out of the picture completely, I'd root for Tony. He gain cookie points from me for telling Mary about Blake's cinderella secret. I read a spoiler once and thought he's be petty and try to ruin Blake's reputation, but it was the complete opposite.

The problem is Mary seems to be leaning towards Blake more than Tony. Augh even my second choice seems to be losing to pigman
Old 12-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famu (View Post)
If Evelyn is out of the picture completely, I'd root for Tony. He gain cookie points from me for telling Mary about Blake's cinderella secret. I read a spoiler once and thought he's be petty and try to ruin Blake's reputation, but it was the complete opposite.

The problem is Mary seems to be leaning towards Blake more than Tony. Augh even my second choice seems to be losing to pigman
I love Tony. I think he's really the underdog but I like his friendship with Mary and I like his character and his struggle and how it's unique.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The problem is Mary seems to be leaning towards Blake more than Tony.
Exactly my thoughts. Tony's been so nice by revealing Blake's secret concerning all his money and the distant cousin, even though he must've known Mary. It must've seemed likely to him that Mary would start to think about him and her prospects if she took him instead of rich Blake. The first thing Mary did was asking Blake whether or not this is true and she kind of tried to encourage him for the second time. So Blake seems to be her favourite at the moment, doesn't he? Well, I don't dislike him, I really don't. He seems to be a nice chap, but the fact that Mary started thinking about him after she'd heard Tony talking about all of Blake's money which I consider as such a very nice thing coming from Tony, makes me kinda angry with Mary.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Add me please. Evelyn is still my number one choice but it's very unlikely he'll be back. I don't think Tony will be the one for Mary either unfortunately but I still like him way better than the 'competition'.

They have really good chemistry and nice dynamic. Very refreshing.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess. (View Post)
Exactly my thoughts. Tony's been so nice by revealing Blake's secret concerning all his money and the distant cousin, even though he must've known Mary. It must've seemed likely to him that Mary would start to think about him and her prospects if she took him instead of rich Blake. The first thing Mary did was asking Blake whether or not this is true and she kind of tried to encourage him for the second time. So Blake seems to be her favourite at the moment, doesn't he? Well, I don't dislike him, I really don't. He seems to be a nice chap, but the fact that Mary started thinking about him after she'd heard Tony talking about all of Blake's money which I consider as such a very nice thing coming from Tony, makes me kinda angry with Mary.
Same, Countess, I don't dislike Charles but simply felt he was not the right choice for Mary and for the story overall... I will have to see the CS for myself to judge Tony, but from the way everyone is talking about it, it seems he was trying to be a stand-up guy but his honesty backfired on him.

Mary is a strange one!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
Add me please. Evelyn is still my number one choice but it's very unlikely he'll be back.
I hope JF brings him back
Old 12-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I hope JF brings him back
He will. It'll be like this season.

Tony's a nice guy and she needs a nice guy.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Moderator Manager

My opinion of Tony hasn't changed even after the CS. He is still in-love with Mary and pining for her but he is MORE tolerable since he came back. I am still not on-board because there are things lacking like more character development but I think it was big of him to tell Mary about Charles' true past. I still don't get why Mary doesn't know about Charles being an aristocrat (even she can't believe she doesn't know). I'm not buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess. (View Post)
Indeed. And Mary's behaviour was just .. unbelievably stupid. She mustn't choose her lover by his or his family's fortune any more. S1 Mary seems to be back. No, thanks.
I don't think Mary chose anyone. And Tony is a Lord too. I say the love triangle is on in this case and JF's intent to tell more story in S5. What sets them apart is their personalities and how they will win Mary's heart. I wasn't fond of this SL with Charles/Tony going into the CS in the first place because I know that pitting them against each other (aka as the love triangle) is not what I want for Mary right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
Add me please. Evelyn is still my number one choice but it's very unlikely he'll be back. I don't think Tony will be the one for Mary either unfortunately but I still like him way better than the 'competition'.
Added you.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I may have squeed over all their scenes. The way he held her hand when she touched his arm! And I thought she was going to lay her head on his shoulder.
Loved the way he told her about Charles too.

I don't know what to make of this now. Mary said she doesn't know what she wants, but the way she acts puts Charles above everyone else (imho), and the "battle" is just for kicks. I feel bad for Tony; letting someone toy with you like that is quite painful. Evelyn was smart to step away.

It's hard being a hopeless romantic! Dear man.

On the bright side it seems obvious Tom C. will be back in s5.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
I may have squeed over all their scenes. The way he held her hand when she touched his arm! And I thought she was going to lay her head on his shoulder.
Loved the way he told her about Charles too.

I don't know what to make of this now. Mary said she doesn't know what she wants, but the way she acts puts Charles above everyone else (imho), and the "battle" is just for kicks. I feel bad for Tony; letting someone toy with you like that is quite painful. Evelyn was smart to step away.

It's hard being a hopeless romantic! Dear man.

On the bright side it seems obvious Tom C. will be back in s5.
I feel the worst for Tony because he's not like Evelyn--I don't think he CAN step away.

I'd like to see them as friends in the future.

And I loved that scene where they hid. They're so open with each other and I love that because she doesn't have Matthew or Sybil anymore. And it is sad...

Last edited by lassothemoon; 12-27-2013 at 01:41 PM
Old 12-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah. She is very intimate with him, it's a bit agonizing now because he hopes it will lead to more but I doubt it will. I wish she could convince him to stop waiting for her. Their friendship is too lovely to waste on a sour disappointment in the end.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked Tony even more after the Christmas special. Although I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him. He looks like a sad puppy so much these days.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sad puppy is correct.
I was glad to see Rose dancing with him. He needs a bit of cheer with someone other than Mary. Even if it's not a romantic thing.

Last edited by ediedoyle; 12-27-2013 at 02:55 PM
Old 12-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like that...she feels she can be honest with him, and the he the same with her. Because I think that communication is an important advantage that he has--has had from the beginning, when they were talking on the horseback ride. And I like that.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
I liked Tony even more after the Christmas special. Although I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him. He looks like a sad puppy so much these days.
Yeah, pretty much Tony in a nutshell. So hoping S5 we'll see more of him interact with Mary and not be a sad puppy anymore.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.