Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
If Neal really turns out to be Baelfire I think him not coming to SB has everything to do with Rumple and nothing to do with Emma. He probably doesn't want his father to find him or deal with him. Granted Rumple probably has no idea what he looks like now and wouldn't recognize him, but he would and his attitude would probably give him away especially when Rumple is so desperate to find his son.
I think SB isn't easy to find and that's why Neal hasn't showed up yet. It took August some time to find SB after Emma arrived.

If SB was so easy to find I'm sure they will get a lot more strangers. And the writers said Greg found SB because Rumpel crossed the line at that moment. Greg was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure SB isn't on any map.

Still we don't know why Neal hasn't showed up in SB yet. We can't jump to conclusions.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I think SB isn't easy to find and that's why Neal hasn't showed up yet. It took August some time to find SB after Emma arrived.

If SB was so easy to find I'm sure they will get a lot more strangers. And the writers said Greg found SB because Rumpel crossed the line at that moment. Greg was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure SB isn't on any map.

Still we don't know why Neal hasn't showed up in SB yet. We can't jump to conclusions.
But it isn't even that he hasn't shown up yet. It is that he is 'still' in New York, which means he hasn't even tried to find Emma yet. The post card said it was in Maine, so if he was searching he would be in Maine not New York. I can not wait to hear his reasoning. I have a feeling it is not going to be an easy road for him. Although I do think him and Emma will get back together if only for a little bit.

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's going to be a long road before they get back together but I believe he is Emma's true love (other can disagree) so I'm not that worried.

He could be still in NY for various reasons. Maybe the police is after him and that's why he runs when someone rings the bell. Like I said we can't jump to conclusions when we don't know why he hasn't showed up or his side of the story. It's very easy to judge a character when we haven't seen him in so long and we have no idea what is going on in his life.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I think it's going to be a long road before they get back together but I believe he is Emma's true love (other can disagree) so I'm not that worried.

He could be still in NY for various reasons. Maybe the police is after him and that's why he runs when someone rings the bell. Like I said we can't jump to conclusions when we don't know why he hasn't showed up or his side of the story. It's very easy to judge a character when we haven't seen him in so long and we have no idea what is going on in his life.
I agree with you on the not judging a character until we see what happens. I don't think that he is Emma's true love though. I just didn't get those feelings in the episode he was in with her. I felt like it was just showing her past and then comparing it to her future (but then I obviously ship Captain Swan... so I would obviously feel that way, right?) IMO a true love would have fought for her or by her side or at least gave her a choice. The whole 'way' he left just didn't sit well with me and made me really sad for Emma. I hope they address why he hasn't come yet, 'maybe' he has a really good reason... Maybe when Pinocchio comes back it will be talked about... seriously where is he?!?!?!

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
'' Why dont you have your lovely wife torture it out of me...which I promise will be fun for the both..?

I found that rather funny. He really knew how to get under David's skin.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

This story of Giants & the beanstalk was quite good.

I’m glad that Snow said sorry to Regina that they accused her of murder because that was what “good people” should say if they accused innocent people of murder.

But when Regina knew Henry was out of town and said to Snow “and no one told me (about Henry out of town)?” , Snow said “I don’t think Emma has to run anything by you (regarding Henry)”.

If Snow only said they didn’t tell Regina because they didn’t know where Regina was, I can tolerate that, BUT…then Snow said to Regina “I don’t think Emma has to run anything by you (regarding Henry)….. a.k.a Regina has no right to anything regarding Henry”. Listening to Snow saying that, I was like: “What??? Regina is Henry’s mother legally, so Emma (or anyone else) should ask Regina’s permission about anything regarding Henry (including asking Regina’s permission to take Henry out of town, or anything else)”. And here Snow said that Regina has no right to anything regarding Henry??? Snow shouldn't have said that.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I found that rather funny. He really knew how to get under David's skin.
He sure does know how to push the buttons. I think it is funny as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponatime3 (View Post)
If Snow only said they didn’t tell Regina because they didn’t know where Regina was, I can tolerate that, BUT…then Snow said to Regina “I don’t think Emma has to run anything by you (regarding Henry)….. a.k.a Regina has no right to anything regarding Henry”. Listening to Snow saying that, I was like: “What??? Regina is Henry’s mother legally, so Emma (or anyone else) should ask Regina’s permission about anything regarding Henry (including asking Regina’s permission to take Henry out of town, or anything else)”. And here Snow said that Regina has no right to anything regarding Henry??? Snow shouldn't have said that.
That was the part that bothered me as well. I think it comes from raising a child that isn't my own as if she is, for the better part of 9 years while her mother just dropped her off and said she was done being a mom. Now she is back and is trying to be a mom... if she were to treat me like that things would go down. I'm pretty sure that is why people have such varying opinions of different characters on the show. I'm always drawn to the darker characters because in life I've learned that people are never really as dark as they seem, and 'usually' it is a front they show to the outside world so that they don't get hurt. In shows it seems even more true... ie Spike, Eric Northman, Damon... although now that I typed their names I realize they are all vampires.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

The writers definitely made a poor effort with the Snow/Regina scene, it just didn't make sense.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that is why people have such varying opinions of different characters on the show. I'm always drawn to the darker characters because in life I've learned that people are never really as dark as they seem, and 'usually' it is a front they show to the outside world so that they don't get hurt. In shows it seems even more true
Nicely put ... I think this is especially true on OUAT. These kinds of characters do hide behind alot of the bad actions they take. In a twisted way, it's like they need those bad actions to define who they are so they don't appear weak to the outside world and they refuse to be taken advantage of {aka. usually a symptom of something that already happened to them in the past in some emotionally breaking fashion}. Doesn't justify the bad acts themselves but often, if a character is fleshed out really well, I can separate the person from the acts. They are never truly one in the same because as long as redemption can be strived for and as long as there remains the hope of 'change' - the person can separate themselves from repeating the bad choices of the past. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes others longer than some to get there, though.

Quote:
The writers definitely made a poor effort with the Snow/Regina scene, it just didn't make sense.
I get that the writing technique was definitely to push Regina further into Cora's clutches. Also, it was used to establish for Regina that 'mommy was right' when it comes to what Henry's place in her life will be while Emma and the Charmings are in town.

But ...

It's just frustrating because with all this isolation when it comes to Henry, and Henry's clear lack of interest regarding Regina in these episodes since Archie's supposed death and resurrection, any scenario where Henry waltzes in 'last hour' to try and remind Regina of her promise 'to change', is going to look forced and contrived now. There's been no real build up to a Regina|Henry reunion, and no follow-up to what we got in the first half of the season regarding Henry with Regina, and it's not like Henry's been asking to find her or see her as of late because he's being written in an 'oblivious fashion.'

I'm almost half-expecting Regina to agree with them at some point about Henry not being her son anymore, especially when they try to persuade her by using her love for Henry in order to get her to stop what she's doing with Cora. And that's just sad.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Nicely put ... I think this is especially true on OUAT. These kinds of characters do hide behind alot of the bad actions they take. In a twisted way, it's like they need those bad actions to define who they are so they don't appear weak to the outside world and they refuse to be taken advantage of {aka. usually a symptom of something that already happened to them in the past in some emotionally breaking fashion}. Doesn't justify the bad acts themselves but often, if a character is fleshed out really well, I can separate the person from the acts. They are never truly one in the same because as long as redemption can be strived for and as long as there remains the hope of 'change' - the person can separate themselves from repeating the bad choices of the past. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes others longer than some to get there, though.

I get that the writing technique was definitely to push Regina further into Cora's clutches. Also, it was used to establish for Regina that 'mommy was right' when it comes to what Henry's place in her life will be while Emma and the Charmings are in town.

But ...

It's just frustrating because with all this isolation when it comes to Henry, and Henry's clear lack of interest regarding Regina in these episodes since Archie's supposed death and resurrection, any scenario where Henry waltzes in 'last hour' to try and remind Regina of her promise 'to change', is going to look forced and contrived now. There's been no real build up to a Regina|Henry reunion, and no follow-up to what we got in the first half of the season regarding Henry with Regina, and it's not like Henry's been asking to find her or see her as of late because he's being written in an 'oblivious fashion.'

I'm almost half-expecting Regina to agree with them at some point about Henry not being her son anymore, especially when they try to persuade her by using her love for Henry in order to get her to stop what she's doing with Cora. And that's just sad.
Wouldn't Henry want to know that Regina was safe before going out of country I'm surprised we didn't get a little line like 'Can you just ring Regina's cellphone just to tell her where we're going', just to show Regina that he is thinking about her. It might stop her going down the dark path.

Also the fact that Regina is missing, Henry doesn't care, he's 'off with Emma and saying stuff like 'What couldn't be better, I'm on a plane trip with you'

I hate that the writers gave that line to Snow , it was totally uncalled for.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefan99 (View Post)
It might stop her going down the dark path.

Also the fact that Regina is missing, Henry doesn't care, he's 'off with Emma and saying stuff like 'What couldn't be better, I'm on a plane trip with you'
But that's the point - there is noone and nothing to stop Regina going down the dark path and that's exactly what the writers want so they can get their big showdown Regina|Cora vs. Emma|Gold (and the rest of the idiots). And Cora and Regina will get their asses kicked and it will be all her own fault because she shouldn't have worked with her mother to begin with. Doesn't matter that noone else cares about her, it's all her own decision and therefore she is the only one to blame.

"True Love - the most powerful magic of them all. It creates happiness."
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
But that's the point - there is noone and nothing to stop Regina going down the dark path and that's exactly what the writers want so they can get their big showdown Regina|Cora vs. Emma|Gold (and the rest of the idiots). And Cora and Regina will get their asses kicked and it will be all her own fault because she shouldn't have worked with her mother to begin with. Doesn't matter that noone else cares about her, it's all her own decision and therefore she is the only one to blame.
I know and I agree, I hated Regina last season, but I'm loving her this season, I hated her in the first couple of eps, but when she allowed Henry to live with Charming. I was like 'She honestly wants the best for this kid and she's really trying to change' I love Regina now and I want her to have a happy ending and hopefully with regular contact with Henry.

I hope your scenario doesn't happen :'(, I want Regina to be playing the long game and become a true hero into bringing down Cora.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefan99 (View Post)
I know and I agree, I hated Regina last season, but I'm loving her this season, I hated her in the first couple of eps, but when she allowed Henry to live with Charming. I was like 'She honestly wants the best for this kid and she's really trying to change' I love Regina now and I want her to have a happy ending and hopefully with regular contact with Henry.

I hope your scenario doesn't happen :'(, I want Regina to be playing the long game and become a true hero into bringing down Cora.
Her mother did nothing but manipulate her when she found her. From pretending to be Henry, to the ceramic hand print. Emotional blackmail, I believe Regina will be the one in that trio that realizes that , and goes up against her mother and Hook.
That would be awesome..
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
This is what I'm dreading about an eventual showdown. THIS attitude reflected within the other characters and the double standards that will be result when it comes to Regina v. Gold in such a showdown. It's pretty clear from the preview who will side with who, as Cora and Regina are going after the dagger which effects Rumple. But I'm getting the clear impression that everything will eventually be excused by the characters on Rumple's behalf, about him being the Dark One, and because of the love he has for Bae, he's redeemable (not disagreeing on this point, by the way) and his past involvement likely will be overlooked. However, I'm willing to bet, that even if things don't go according to plan with Bae right away, Gold will receive some kind of back-up support either from Emma or the Charmings, or even maybe Henry. So, he won't be all alone in this while Regina is left to 'sink or swim' alone without support under a lying and controlling mother. So, basically, Gold needing the love of his son, or Belle, will be acceptable and relatable by writing standards but Regina, well, shame on her for wanting the same kind of acceptance or support from either her mother or Henry when having nobody else in the world. I'll leave it there.

Back to the point on Regina v. Gold as far as the episode is concerned, it has occurred to me that Regina now knows that Gold's motivation for getting her to enact the curse was to find his son. David revealed this to Regina when she came to the apartment and this can only heighten the already existing tension between Regina and Gold in future episodes.

Quote:
I believe Regina will be the one in that trio that realizes that , and goes up against her mother and Hook.
That would be awesome..
I'm kind of hoping Regina will end up being like a wildcard in such a showdown. I'd sit well more with Regina turning after uncovering that her mother never really had true intentions to help her, that she's been using and manipulating her feelings yet again, rather than it just be Henry pleading with her to stop at this point.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 02-12-2013 at 09:12 AM
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

^^You think Regina doesn't know that already? IMO, that's exactly the point - she does know her mother's MO and tricks but she is so isolated and deprieved of love that she still turns to her because Cora is the only one who offers her a shoulder. Snow's words just confirmed what Cora told Regina in the car and that's what makes Cora so dangerous. She deals with hard truths and offers a solution which will cost Regina in the end even more but it's the only chance she has at all, so she is going to take it. So, no, as long as the "good guys" don't let her know that she is something worth to them (beside being the scapegoat to put all the blame on and the punching ball for them to take out their frustrations) she won't go against her mother - at least not as long as Henry isn't in mortal danger.

Why should she?

"True Love - the most powerful magic of them all. It creates happiness."