View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
But that's the point - there is noone and nothing to stop Regina going down the dark path and that's exactly what the writers want so they can get their big showdown Regina|Cora vs. Emma|Gold (and the rest of the idiots). And Cora and Regina will get their asses kicked and it will be all her own fault because she shouldn't have worked with her mother to begin with. Doesn't matter that noone else cares about her, it's all her own decision and therefore she is the only one to blame.
This is what I'm dreading about an eventual showdown. THIS attitude reflected within the other characters and the double standards that will be result when it comes to Regina v. Gold in such a showdown. It's pretty clear from the preview who will side with who, as Cora and Regina are going after the dagger which effects Rumple. But I'm getting the clear impression that everything will eventually be excused by the characters on Rumple's behalf, about him being the Dark One, and because of the love he has for Bae, he's redeemable (not disagreeing on this point, by the way) and his past involvement likely will be overlooked. However, I'm willing to bet, that even if things don't go according to plan with Bae right away, Gold will receive some kind of back-up support either from Emma or the Charmings, or even maybe Henry. So, he won't be all alone in this while Regina is left to 'sink or swim' alone without support under a lying and controlling mother. So, basically, Gold needing the love of his son, or Belle, will be acceptable and relatable by writing standards but Regina, well, shame on her for wanting the same kind of acceptance or support from either her mother or Henry when having nobody else in the world. I'll leave it there.

Back to the point on Regina v. Gold as far as the episode is concerned, it has occurred to me that Regina now knows that Gold's motivation for getting her to enact the curse was to find his son. David revealed this to Regina when she came to the apartment and this can only heighten the already existing tension between Regina and Gold in future episodes.

Quote:
I believe Regina will be the one in that trio that realizes that , and goes up against her mother and Hook.
That would be awesome..
I'm kind of hoping Regina will end up being like a wildcard in such a showdown. I'd sit well more with Regina turning after uncovering that her mother never really had true intentions to help her, that she's been using and manipulating her feelings yet again, rather than it just be Henry pleading with her to stop at this point.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 02-12-2013 at 09:12 AM