Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Although I'm now assuming FTL has clearcut rules on custody that were invoked in a custody hearing we missed, since it seems assumed Emma has legal custody of Henry.
I can't imagine that. If if it were like that it is too big not to show or to be unclear.

Snow White said 'I don't think Emma has to run anything by you'. If it were fact she would have told Regina in clear terms.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I'm sorry this is obviously upsetting you, but really - - his wanted poster from our world? If Neal is Bae, he wasn't born in this world, so any birth date from this world would be fairly irrelevant.

Bae was 14 when he went through the portal. So presumably, he would've still been 14 when he arrived here, right?

Then Emma was born and came through the portal to this world. So if we do the math, and going on the assumption that Neal is Bae, then Neal is at least 14 years older than Emma.

14 + 17 = 31
I know others have commented on this but this just goes against what the show told us so far. Bae and Emma didn't arrive in our world at the same time. Bae went into the way before Regina was even born which why the fairy stated in the return that it would travel time and space. And why Rumple had no clue what age his son could be. If it was that simple, Rumple would know Bae would be 42 now. But he isn't and MJR is not either. He is only a couple years older than Jen and why they gave Neal that fake birthdate. So MJR is pretty much playing Neal in present time as his real age.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperann1978 (View Post)
Kelaine ~ I don't agree with your assessment of Hook. That is coming from someone that has been raped, abused and molested. It bothers me so much when people compare his character with that. Is he a good guy? No. But he is definitely not any of those things. It seems to be his defense mechanism with people, it is a wall, he only started acting that way after Emma left him on the beanstalk.
Jasperann, I'm sorry you've been through something so terrible, and I don't mean to make light of such experiences.

To me, Hook seems to constantly sexualize women, no matter how inappropriate the situation. Snow was acting as a law officer in "Tiny," she's standing by her husband, and she's not interested. But, he seems to see it as a way to gain dominence in the conversation. He does the same thing when talking to Regina a short time later. Cora, so far, is the only woman he hasn't treated this way--and she's made it clear she'll kill him the moment she decides it's a good idea.

He was like this before the beanstalk. He took part in the murders of everyone at the refuge and never expressed regret over that. We know he would murder an unconscious woman who was chained up and in a cell because she couldn't and wouldn't help him murder someone else. We know he was willing to murder another woman he'd never met and who he knew nothing about (atlhough Cora is evil, Regina telling you it's a good idea to kill someone is hardly reliable evidence, as the Huntsman could tell you). He ripped out Aurora's heart and handed it to Cora to get back in her good graces.

So, I consider it quite likely that a woman who gets in a relationship with him is asking for trouble.

I don't think he's a sociopath, though I could be wrong. So far, I'm assuming he really cared about Milha, which a sociopath wouldn't do. I suppose I could be wrong. I'd also point out that, although his relationship with Milha started out with certain warning signs (pushes for quick involvement, isolates woman from support network, shows signs of violence early on), Milha didn't show any signs of being in an abusive relationship.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
... it is a wall, he only started acting that way after Emma left him on the beanstalk.
A wall? his defense mechanism with people?

So because of that, Hook began to flirt with Emma's mom in front of Emma's father.
I know many excuses ... but that does not enter my head..
Hook is not sociopath, but he's definitely a pervert ... sorry
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I can't imagine that. If if it were like that it is too big not to show or to be unclear.

Snow White said 'I don't think Emma has to run anything by you'. If it were fact she would have told Regina in clear terms.
Let me rephrase. The writers seem to be assuming that Emma now has custody of Henry. The legal and ethical problems with that don't seem to be bothering them. I, on the other hand, go crazy when things like that are just swept aside without being clarified. I'm being slightly facetious about my theories, since I don't think we're going to get a "real world" legal answer.

On Bae as Neal:

I get uptight about law but am incredibly lax about time. Go figure.

The way I see it, time can be messed with. We had a reference to people who can travel in time back when Bae fell through the portal. So, there are ways around it.

The important clue is that, when Archie asked Bae's age, Gold didn't know it. The only thing we know for certain is that Gold knew Bae would be in our world when the curse broke. We don't know if Bae was in it 28 years ago. We don't even know if Bae, like the people left in FTL, was somehow under it as well and not aging for 28 years even if he kept his memories. At this point, anything is possible. The writers can explain it any way they like.

What we do know is that, in real life, the actor who plays Neal is about the same age as the actress playing Emma.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Okay. But why hasn't he come to Storybrooke for Emma yet? He knows he can. He knows she did her job, but he is still in NY when Emma finds him.

BTW was Emma in NY when Henry found her? Could he have been watching her from afar?
If Neal really turns out to be Baelfire I think him not coming to SB has everything to do with Rumple and nothing to do with Emma. He probably doesn't want his father to find him or deal with him. Granted Rumple probably has no idea what he looks like now and wouldn't recognize him, but he would and his attitude would probably give him away especially when Rumple is so desperate to find his son.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebird (View Post)
A wall? his defense mechanism with people?

So because of that, Hook began to flirt with Emma's mom in front of Emma's father.
I know many excuses ... but that does not enter my head..
Hook is not sociopath, but he's definitely a pervert ... sorry
I honestly don't view what he did as flirting. He was doing it to get under Charmings skin, which worked out very well. He knows people, and he uses it to his advantage at all times. The only one that I've seen Hook actually flirt with has been Emma. But you can have your own opinion. To each their own and all that.

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
If Neal really turns out to be Baelfire I think him not coming to SB has everything to do with Rumple and nothing to do with Emma. He probably doesn't want his father to find him or deal with him. Granted Rumple probably has no idea what he looks like now and wouldn't recognize him, but he would and his attitude would probably give him away especially when Rumple is so desperate to find his son.
So does that mean that he fears his father more than he loves Emma?

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So Jack = Alice?
I don't think Jack will be Alice. I'm still holding out for Alice to show up in SB somewhere down the line. I refuse to believe she's dead. Jack and Alice do have things in common, but I think that's as far as it goes.

Quote:
I hope not. I felt bad for her in the end but she was an awful person. I hope Alice is Grace's mother and we get to see her at some point. Maybe Maggie Grace could play her
I didn't care for Jack all that much either. I didn't really expect a lot of these character. She and James did seem to fit villianwise. I'm still holding out on Alice being Grace's mom. Ever since the first Hatter episode I thought she was a part of their family, and I really hope that it's true. I love Maggie, but I could also see Amanda Seyfried, or Alicia Vikander in the role. Just saw Alicia in Anna Karenina and she was fabulous.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I honestly don't view what he did as flirting. He was doing it to get under Charmings skin, which worked out very well. He knows people, and he uses it to his advantage at all times. The only one that I've seen Hook actually flirt with has been Emma. But you can have your own opinion. To each their own and all that.
I respect your opinion, but Hook flirting with Emma is one thing (although nothing decent ...her always referring to his private parts), now flirting with a married woman in front of her husband in a perverse way, is going too far.

'' Why dont you have your lovely wife torture it out of me...which I promise will be fun for the both..? ''

Please!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I respect your opinion, but Hook flirting with Emma is one thing (although nothing decent ...her always referring to his private parts), now flirting with a married woman in front of her husband in a perverse way, is going too far.

'' Why dont you have your lovely wife torture it out of me...which I promise will be fun for the both..? ''

Please!
That was Snow's reaction. I still think he did it to get under Charmings skin. It worked, he got what he wanted. He distracted them with that, then handed over the key.. while they opened the cage and were busy with that he got off the ship. Had he handed over the key right away they would have still be paying attention to him. I can understand where you all are coming from. I guess it is just because I don't think he was doing it in a perverse way, I don't think he meant a word of what he said. He just wanted to goad Charming and honestly it worked.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi Everyone, I'm a former lurker here. Today made me just register up as I had a lot to say about Tiny.

Nice fillerish episode. I’m not complaining at all.

The giant family, how many were there? Six? Yes, I think so, Anton, Abraham, Arlo, all starting with A’s and I wonder if there is some connection or just a fun thing to make us think there is something more to it. He was the family runt and he was picked on. The giants were all brothers. Where were the parents?
It is good to see Jorge in SB now and part of the Dwarf family. I really enjoyed him getting the axe and it spelling out Tiny. He was the biggest of them.
Him, the axe spelling out their names is much like the Dark One’s dagger spelling out the owner’s name.

Oh, oh, Belle in the hospital, her body position on the couch reminded me of her in the basement mental hospital. And the nurse I believe was the same one as the one from the other episode. Nurse Cratchet. Did Belle loose her memory the last time and end up there? I feel some criss crossing of worlds coming on.

Mr Gold outside SB and in the airport was interesting. That guy is a great actor. I’m not so sure that he is having a panic attack in the plane. Something else is going on. He was freaked out having to remove his shawl. I wonder what happened because it didn’t appear to me that he was forgetting then. Did he feel his magic leaving? He didn’t know it was gone until the bathroom incident. I don’t understand why he was freaking out in that fashion. It seemed foreign to his character. He’s not a nervous person. I’m still thinking something else is happening to him.

Jack/Jacquelyn, interesting. She certainly was talking about Alice when she told Anton that she got that magic mushroom from a smart woman. Remember that one pill made you smaller and one pill made you tall, or is that just the song? Anyhoo, I think she got the magic from Alice in Wonderland. We mos def will see Alice with Jefferson again, then possibly Jack will be back. 

Do you think that is the real Regina out and about? She seemed awful mean and straight forwardly calm that the Regina we’ve been seeing lately. I think it’s Cora and that Cora has Regina contained somewhere where she can’t get out. Oohoo, she’ll have to be rescued.

Oh, and one, well two final things
1. The mention of Aijira Airlines
2. Belle being given a book entitled: The Mysterious Island.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Welcome Mysterious Island Girl!

I too liked when Anton got his Axe and became part of the family! That was great!

I for some reason thought that Jack was talking about Cora as the smart woman. But I could be wrong. Didn't Alice kill the Jabberwocky in the story? So would that make Jack be Alice too? (Please writers don't do this)

I took Rumple freaking out because he realized that he didn't have the magic and he had told Belle the reason he brought it back was because he was a coward with out it. So maybe he has an addiction to it? I'm not really clear on addiction symptoms. I do think it would be interesting if he forgot some of his memories when he went through the security. Although I'm not sure what memories he would lose. But an addiction storyline might be interesting too.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
That was Snow's reaction. I still think he did it to get under Charmings skin. It worked, he got what he wanted. He distracted them with that, then handed over the key.. while they opened the cage and were busy with that he got off the ship. Had he handed over the key right away they would have still be paying attention to him. I can understand where you all are coming from. I guess it is just because I don't think he was doing it in a perverse way, I don't think he meant a word of what he said. He just wanted to goad Charming and honestly it worked.
well it's your opinion..
Old 02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
well it's your opinion..
Sure is.