Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
About the trailer I'm not sure I'm ready to see poor Bae to be ruined like that Not to mention most predictable thing ever happened on this show
This. I LOVED young Bae. And while I don't hate Neal, I will be very disappointed for him to be confirmed as older Bae. He became like night & day.

Quote:
I remember a scene way before August showing up in which he was telling her it would have been better for the both of them to leave each other. Also I hope it won't turn out he was more than 25 years old in the flashbacks because he ****ed with a minor and without protection(gross).
True, Neal's first thought was "I gotta run and hide" and leave Emma behind then as well.

And the age thing was one of my main issues with the Emma/Neal story. She was 17 when she met him. Bae left the Enchanted Forest when he was 14, so he would've been at least that many years older than Emma. A 31/32 year old vagabond hitting on, then knocking up and leaving, a 17/18 year old - - kinda creeped me out.

(And no, that's NOT character bashing! I am stating the fact that Neal was 14+ years older than a teenage Emma when he got her pregnant and left her, and how I personally feel about that fact.)

Quote:
Another bad moment for Snow(this season is really really ruining her to my eyes), she had to drop the most moronic sentence ever about Henry to Regina.
I get why she said it - - but it was still a pretty wrong way to word it. This wasn't the strongest written episode anyway, but that line was fairly stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I think it's no good to bring silly ship wars into this thread because people are never going to agree.

<<>>

People need to stop making up lies.

<<>>

People need to see pass their ship and stop being so judgmental.
I don't see anyone doing this.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

That's not a fact.

Neal wasn't 31 when he met Emma. Like I sad before stop making up lies. His wanted poster said he was born 1977. He is only six years older than Emma. And he didn't think he had to "run and hide". The episode didn't show us that. And Emma was an emancipated minor so she was consider an adult. People need to get over the age difference. Neal didn't take advantage of her. Emma wasn't a silly naive girl.

And you need to understand people aren't perfect. I can't imagine being from FTL and arriving in our land with no prior knowledge. Our world is a horrible place. And you talk like Neal is this horrible person when 2x06 didn't show that at all. Other characters have done far worse in this show. Stealing isn't the same as a killing or taking someone's heart against his or her will.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry this is obviously upsetting you, but really - - his wanted poster from our world? If Neal is Bae, he wasn't born in this world, so any birth date from this world would be fairly irrelevant.

Bae was 14 when he went through the portal. So presumably, he would've still been 14 when he arrived here, right?

Then Emma was born and came through the portal to this world. So if we do the math, and going on the assumption that Neal is Bae, then Neal is at least 14 years older than Emma.

14 + 17 = 31

Quote:
And he didn't think he had to "run and hide". The episode didn't show us that.
"I gotta go to Canada" to avoid being caught and brought to justice for theft.

"I gotta go to Canada, alone", without Emma.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Again no. Bae could have arrived in our world at any time. This was stated in The Return. He could be any age. Maybe he is still a teenager.

Rumpel said he crossed the barriers of space/time so he could have arrived after Emma was born. These are the facts stated in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)

Because he knew that was the best for Emma. But she decided she wanted to go with him. They talked about this in the show. You make it seem like he wanted to leave Emma but he didn't. This was also stated in the show.

Last edited by ring of fire; 02-11-2013 at 10:48 AM
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I'm sorry this is obviously upsetting you, but really - - his wanted poster from our world? If Neal is Bae, he wasn't born in this world, so any birth date from this world would be fairly irrelevant.

Bae was 14 when he went through the portal. So presumably, he would've still been 14 when he arrived here, right?

Then Emma was born and came through the portal to this world. So if we do the math, and going on the assumption that Neal is Bae, then Neal is at least 14 years older than Emma.

14 + 17 = 31

And Hook? Bae was very young when Milah fled with Hook. Hook has not aged for 28 years (during curse). But the age difference between Hook and Bae is much higher.
why you give this age to Bae and why not to Hook?

Hook's old enough to be up Bae's dad

I think this age controversy will still be explained...

Last edited by lovebird; 02-11-2013 at 10:45 AM
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

So Jack = Alice?

I liked Tiny's storyline in general, plus him being the 7th dwarf was sweet

Snowing had sweet scenes.

Otherwise, dislike the path the writing is taking for Regina, seriously. Snow telling Regina Emma doesn't have to run anything by her? Rude. Rude. Rude. But wtv I guess they needed Henry gone to have Regina completely revert.

Also, can we stop trying to have Hook have sexual tension with every single character? It's kind of getting old. At least Bae/Neal is coming back next episode. Let him stay forever pls. No more Captain Swan, most boring contrived ship on this show rn.

I can't really think of anything else right now, but the moral of the story is the writing has seriously been lacking on this show. They seem to be dropping storylines all over the place, there is little consistency, and regulars like Lana are barely on the show anymore! Come on.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

I think the age controversy is ridiculous and most of the time irrelevant in this show (for example Rumbelle). If people think it's so important then Hook is 300+ because despite not aging he did live all that time in Neverland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
So Jack = Alice?
I hope not. I felt bad for her in the end but she was an awful person. I hope Alice is Grace's mother and we get to see her at some point. Maybe Maggie Grace could play her

Quote:
Otherwise, dislike the path the writing is taking for Regina, seriously. Snow telling Regina Emma doesn't have to run anything by her? Rude. Rude. Rude. But wtv I guess they needed Henry gone to have Regina completely revert.
I understood why Emma took Henry but I agree that Snow was too rude with her. She could have spoken to her in a better way and explain better why Emma took Henry out of SB.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebird (View Post)
And Hook? Bae was very young when Milah fled with Hook. Hook has not aged for 28 years (during curse). But the age difference between Hook and Bae is much higher.
why you give this age to Bae and why not to Hook?
Why does Hook's age need to be brought into the fact that Bae/Neal was hitting on an underage/teenage Emma and getting her pregnant?
Quote:
So Jack = Alice?
I wasn't sure if that's what they were going for, or maybe just trying to show that Jack had prior knowledge of the portals and had been to Wonderland. But there were plenty of clues (James calling her a "wonder", mention of the Jabberwocky) to suggest they'll combine characters. Again.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think the age controversy is ridiculous and most of the time irrelevant in this show (for example Rumbelle). If people think it's so important then Hook is 300+ because despite not aging he did live all that time in Neverland.
exactly

Last edited by Static Waves; 02-11-2013 at 11:49 AM
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

I don't quite understand the need people have to judge Neal before we even had a chance to see his side of the story. So far we have no idea what August told/showed him and we have equally less of an idea why he's running from Emma and Rumple.
Personally I think he's the most interesting character the show has come up with in a long time and I'm very pleased to know that the writers are as excited about him as I am. :-)
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
I don't quite understand the need people have to judge Neal before we even had a chance to see his side of the story. So far we have no idea what August told/showed him and we have equally less of an idea why he's running from Emma and Rumple.
Personally I think he's the most interesting character the show has come up with in a long time and I'm very pleased to know that the writers are as excited about him as I am. :-)
This so much
Old 02-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm sorry I don't understand why some have to get so defensive when we are talking about Hook or about Neal. When it's your favorite character and you think someone is unfair to them it's not pleasant, but I dislike discussing Neal or Hook here because it always ends in shippers attacking each other or the other's favorite character. Just my opinion.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I really enjoyed this episode.

I loved Charming and Hook's interactions. They made me laugh, because Hook was obviously trying to get under Charmings skin and he did that. His 'flirting' didn't even come off as 'real', he always looked to Charming for his reaction after saying something. It was all contrived to tick Charming off. I'm sure to distract him. I loved when he was talking about his ship and Grumpy was all 'Can you go back?' Foreshadowing anyone?!?!? Hook is going to take people to FTL after those beans are grown. I'm sure of it. Although he has a long road to working with the good guys, I think.

Charming, Snow and Grumpy discussing Charmings real name was so funny!! Although I'm not surprised that it is really David.

Poor Rumple when he realized he didn't have magic. I felt so bad for him, because he has said that he can't live without it because he is a coward. So now he has to be BRAVE to continue to find his son. He can't fall back on being a coward, he has no choice if he wants to find his son. It was great! I loved Henry questioning him too. Rumple is almost like will he ever shut up?!?!

I do like Tiny, but I think I am going to need to see more, because the giant scenes really didn't do much for me.

Loved seeing Regina again and I felt so mad for her when Snow told her Emma didn't have to ask or tell her about leaving with Henry. I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!? How could she say that? Regina may not be the birth mom but she RAISED Henry for 10 years in which Emma did not even look for him! ARGH! Now I really like Snow, but I felt that she crossed the line here. I'm sure it is going to push Regina over the line even farther too. Just add more fuel to that fire...

What they are doing to Belle is horrible, but she gave me hope with her comment of 'that man'. I hope Rumple makes her fall in love with him all over again. Can Greg just go away?!?!? He is kinda creepy.

The end when they all started whistling. That was great!

The promo for next week, was great. I can't wait! I want to see the whole scene when Emma realizes Bae is Neal (I'm about 2000% positive it is). She looked so broken and her 'No' . I can only imagine that if Neal is Bae that her feelings on the issue of her life being controlled/planned are going to be worse. She has voiced that in the past and I can just seeing it coming back full force. Although I'm not sure that it was planned by Rumple, I just think that they may have been drawn to each other because they are both from FTL. The other thing I want to see is the Evil Duo and Hook! I know they are going to turn on him as soon as they get what they want. But I want to see how they do it. Hook is going to hit rock bottom soon and then there will be no way but up for him. You can tell that he has no respect for the Evil Duo by the way he responds to them. He doesn't seem to want to work with them, but he will because he believes they are what will get him what he is after.

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 02-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I'm sorry I don't understand why some have to get so defensive when we are talking about Hook or about Neal. When it's your favorite character and you think someone is unfair to them it's not pleasant, but I dislike discussing Neal or Hook here because it always ends in shippers attacking each other or the other's favorite character. Just my opinion.
I agree. I'm bowing out - - seem to have ruffled a few feathers. Looks like Neal isn't going anywhere this season, but neither is Hook. I'll just enjoy the ride.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Delete...

Last edited by Rhonwen; 02-11-2013 at 11:32 AM