Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, that title.......I'm dying, lol.

That phone call from Gold was one of the most selfless things any character has done for anyone on this show. Gold went from "I'm dying, that's a certainty" to "I have to call Belle" in a split second. He didn't waste ANY time with self-pity; god, how brave was he? My heart started breaking when he said "It's just......". He has to explain himself and yes, he's scared. "Sweetheart......I'm dying". At that point, all their scenes run through my head and I imagine Gold, with his eyes closed, is remembering every moment they ever had together. He says that she is a hero. I think she is HIS hero and always has been. She SAVED her people...think about that. He must have thought of her this way from the moment she said "I will go with you....forever". Belle is SO good and Gold had to convey that to her - she's GOOD and she sees it in people, she thinks the best of them. Bobby was astonishing because all throughout, except the end, he didn't use his eyes; he used his entire face besides his eyes (and his voice) to express himself. I LOVED the part where (and tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this) he talks about wanting to go back to his best self. Just before he says it, he shakes his head slightly and gets a serene look on his face, almost a small smile. I feel like he was wanting to go to that place when he dies, that that is where he'd be waiting for Belle on the other side. The most touching moments came at the end, when Gold opened his eyes and you could see they were moist with tears. He didn't want to die, he was scared and lonely and the idea of never being with Belle again was devastating. Of course the whispered "thank you" and the mouthing of Belle, BUT I was devasted by the way he droppped his hand in exhaustion and continued his labored breathing. That call took ALL of his strength ......all of it.

I posted this in the other thread, but it bears repeating.

First, I realize now that what Gold actually said to Cora was that he had a vision (clearly he means a long time ago, probably right after Cora) about this day coming, but the vision didn't tell him (then) what he wanted to know: whether she loved him. He was referring to then, not now.

Their mutual love for power and, in a sense, revenge, drove their love - and that was destructive to Rumple for he still had a heart and he did and still wants love. What he wanted and needed was real and honest love; what he got with Cora was a twisted love that depended on their need for hate. He did not know what REAL love was until he met Belle and so everything that happens in Skin Deep later on is genuine and true.

HATE fueled Rumple's magic, but now LOVE fuels Gold's. Gold is full of love. Why? Because of Belle.

Isn't it interesting that even though he searched 300 years for Bae, that Gold in his dying moments felt it more important to reach out to Belle than to Bae, who was right there in front of him and who remembered him?

Almost in Belle's honor. Gold doesn't want any vengeance anymore - see the promo with Regina; it's so different from Broken. He's trying to see that it's not the right way to go. Belle's influence is remarkable.

The spinning wheel scene? Eh, it was fine, but can you imagine what Bobby and Emilie would do with something like that or with half of that? They would convey more passion, love and desire that we can imagine.

When Gold says that Belle really, really loved him, it means SO much more now boecause he finally has found someone who truly loves him and he can accept it.

One line I loved was "Your mother did you no favors" because it's so clear that Gold understands love and is truly full of it (love, that is, lol). Love is not a weakness, as Cora has said, it's a strength - and because of Belle, he knows this.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 03-11-2013 at 10:49 AM
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomc (View Post)
Let's do that. Lets write it together!
Can you and Kouat12 write something up then, and I can put it in?

Anyone actually.. I'll add to it..

Betsy..

Loved everything you stated..
Old 03-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I am feeling very much reaffirmed about our couple! Here's hoping she will get her memories back, and they will be reunited in the finale, or even if they are seperated, let her remember him, so she will be waiting for him!

Also, I posted my opinions of Regina's redemption in the episode discussion thread. People were complaining that the writers wasted all that time redeeming Regina, only for her to turn her back on good. I made the point that I never believed in her redemption because she didn't really show remorse for what she did, and only seemed to want to change for Henry! I think once things were too hard, she gave up. I am probably going to get alot of hate, but I did say first of all that I loved Lanas, Roberts, Emilie's, Barbaras, Rose's, and Ginnifer's performances last night. I also like Rumple in the preview telling Regina to give up on vengeance. I think he knows that he hurt her and is trying to help her. Further proof that Rumple is changing and that Belle, even without her memories is having a positive effect on him. I understood what the writers were trying to convey, and last night's episode was perfect in my eyes!

I think I will stay away from spoilers, because things are soo negative there, and theories are flying left and right! I can't stand it anymore, so I will be posting here from now on. I like the positivity here.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
I am feeling very much reaffirmed about our couple! Here's hoping she will get her memories back, and they will be reunited in the finale, or even if they are seperated, let her remember him, so she will be waiting for him!

Also, I posted my opinions of Regina's redemption in the episode discussion thread. People were complaining that the writers wasted all that time redeeming Regina, only for her to turn her back on good. I made the point that I never believed in her redemption because she didn't really show remorse for what she did, and only seemed to want to change for Henry! I think once things were too hard, she gave up. I am probably going to get alot of hate, but I did say first of all that I loved Lanas, Roberts, Emilie's, Barbaras, Rose's, and Ginnifer's performances last night. I also like Rumple in the preview telling Regina to give up on vengeance. I think he knows that he hurt her and is trying to help her. Further proof that Rumple is changing and that Belle, even without her memories is having a positive effect on him. I understood what the writers were trying to convey, and last night's episode was perfect in my eyes!

I think I will stay away from spoilers, because things are soo negative there, and theories are flying left and right! I can't stand it anymore, so I will be posting here from now on. I like the positivity here.

I agree.. I guess I should really say my faith in the writers are restored..lol
Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Wait. He called her sweetheart again? I can't watch the clip. My boss is hanging around.

I love when he calls her sweet names.

And Grace, I apologize. I'm one of the ones being negative in the spoiler thread. I was just ticked off by the Cora/Rumple stuff I heard about last night.

At the end of the day, I truly believe Belle/Gold will be together. I just hope they give them more times of being together than they have apart. It's been hard to watch when they're hardly ever on. So sometimes I need to vent. But I do still believe in them.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Wait. He called her sweetheart again? I can't watch the clip. My boss is hanging around.

I love when he calls her sweet names.

And Grace, I apologize. I'm one of the ones being negative in the spoiler thread. I was just ticked off by the Cora/Rumple stuff I heard about last night.

At the end of the day, I truly believe Belle/Gold will be together. I just hope they give them more times of being together than they have apart. It's been hard to watch when they're hardly ever on. So sometimes I need to vent. But I do still believe in them.
He did call her sweetheart..
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
He did call her sweetheart..
Sigh. That just melts my heart.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Sigh. That just melts my heart.
Yes, he says: "It's just......Sweetheart, I'm dying". I thought immediately of Broken. I can't deal with his saying he's dying, I can't
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Delete

Last edited by KOUAT12; 03-11-2013 at 04:43 PM
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! I'm still on a high after last nights scene. I must be strange but the Cora stuff isn't bothering me as much anymore as when I first saw it . Love the title by the way

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
TFTNT! I'm still on a high after last nights scene. I must be strange but the Cora stuff isn't bothering me as much anymore as when I first saw it . Love the title by the way
Assets thanks. I thought it was appropriate..

I didn't mind the crumple stuff either..lol
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Rhonwen, can I just comment on how incredibly hot your new icon is?
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh good, we can finally talk about that amazing phone call scene! I think I watched it at least a dozen times before the episode aired. It was just so beautiful. I rarely get that choked up over tv or film, but the first time I watched this scene, I just felt gutted. What intense emotion! It's absolutely the most vulnerable and open we have ever seen Gold, and what he says to Belle...just wow...and even if she still doesn't know who she is, it's obvious his words affected her. Gold understands now just how much Belle really did love him no matter how unlovable he believed himself to be.

And the affair with Cora? I believe that they did love each other, but in a dark unhealthy way, bringing out the worst in each other instead of the best as with Belle. For me, it made the RumBelle love even stronger. We can now say is it any wonder Rumple was afraid to trust Belle and allow himself to believe she actually loved him?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Assets thanks. I thought it was appropriate..

I didn't mind the crumple stuff either..lol
Agreeing with Candy, your icon is . I think if it wouldn't have been for the Rumble phone call I'd probably still be pretty pissed. I know the Crumble stuff didn't really mean anything in the end but that spinning wheel scene really bothered me. I was screaming obscenities at the TV while it was airing.. funny thing is I was watching it with my brother and he probably thought i was even crazier than he thought

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Can you and Kouat12 write something up then, and I can put it in?

Anyone actually.. I'll add to it..

Betsy..

Loved everything you stated..
I'll get right into that. I'll Pm you later once I got something

Lucas, your not the only one screaming at the TV. I was screaming and crying. My aunt was like is everything ok in there? and I was like yeah it's OUAT day remember?

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!