Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
I was re watching SD right now LOL and it's obvious the calming effect she's always had on him. It's also so sweet to think that such a passionate man turns into this shy, awkward man around his true love. I think that was because what Belle made him feel was completely different to what he had felt before that it scared him. Also by SD he was already so guarded because of the past pain he had encountered that he has his heart completely shield. What he didn't count on ,however, was Belle breaking through that barrier and making him fall in love for the last and final time. I get why he didn't believe in her love though, too many scares and pain for him to ever believe he was worthy of anyone's love. When he had let himself believe he got his love thrown back in his face . Though, IA he regretted casting her out the moment she left and he waits for her to come back to him until Regina tells him she's dead

Anyone else think he had been watching Belle before he claims her as his prize? It's just the smug look on his face when she says "No! wait." Like he was expecting that. I also love his "I'm not looking for love." line because he found it, he so didn't know what he was getting himself into
Belle also said that she wasn't coming back until something changed her mind, so you can see why Rumple would not have believed her. They cut that line " no one, no woman, has ever looked at me like that......not even my wife" probably because had he said it, there's no way he ever would have believed that Belle was tricking him. I hope they use that line with Gold and Belle.

I would love to see a pillow fight.....or see them cleaning up dirty dishes and start flinging bubbles at each other. It aggravates me that Jane said the reason why we didn't get much Rumbelle earlier is because they were happy. So what, ok - but you can't show us ANY scenes of them being happy? It's not like we need a whole episode of them, but telling us basically that ANY happiness equates to being off-screen is a joke. She's the one who said that you need downs to appreciate the ups - but the problem is, if you don't want to show the ups, then all you have is brutal angst, a complete imbalance. I wish she'd address this.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Belle also said that she wasn't coming back until something changed her mind, so you can see why Rumple would not have believed her. They cut that line " no one, no woman, has ever looked at me like that......not even my wife" probably because had he said it, there's no way he ever would have believed that Belle was tricking him. I hope they use that line with Gold and Belle.

I would love to see a pillow fight.....or see them cleaning up dirty dishes and start flinging bubbles at each other. It aggravates me that Jane said the reason why we didn't get much Rumbelle earlier is because they were happy. So what, ok - but you can't show us ANY scenes of them being happy? It's not like we need a whole episode of them, but telling us basically that ANY happiness equates to being off-screen is a joke. She's the one who said that you need downs to appreciate the ups - but the problem is, if you don't want to show the ups, then all you have is brutal angst, a complete imbalance. I wish she'd address this.
Dishes how domestic is that? I would love to see that! It gives off such a homey feelings. The bubbles fight would be adorable. I just want some fluff right now. Doesn't matter if it happen as a flashback or as of now. Yeah I know, Betsy. I don't like the imbalance either and hopefully that will change by next season

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Jane basically said that there was no point in showing happy times because it didn't make for good storytelling. I was disappointed with how she explained that. She also may not realize that not everything that is written or filmed makes the final cut, though. She mentioned that Rumple kissed Belle's hand in the car before he crossed the line, and we never got to see that.

Honestly, I really want happy times because I watch this show with my 6 year old daughter, and I'd like for her to see that love is a beautiful thing, not some trashy, lust-filled empty promise that involves heart-ripping. I'm starting to feel like I need to back off from this show, at least for her sake, and it hurts.

Last edited by OUATKatya; 03-13-2013 at 02:41 PM
Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomc (View Post)
Dishes how domestic is that? I would love to see that! It gives off such a homey feelings. The bubbles fight would be adorable. I just want some fluff right now. Doesn't matter if it happen as a flashback or as of now. Yeah I know, Betsy. I don't like the imbalance either and hopefully that will change by next season
Yes, I so want domestic Rumbelle! They need to just shut themselve out from the rest of the word for a few days and get busy, lol
Old 03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yes, I so want domestic Rumbelle! They need to just shut themselve out from the rest of the word for a few days and get busy, lol
indeed they need to...Get busy we know what that means

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
PREACH!
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 03-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Charity (View Post)
PREACH!
amen

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

This hurts........it hurts badly.

Sigh - people are so talented. This was the most wonderful, beautiful and exceptionally written dialogue I've heard in a long time and the scene was devastating. Jane said this was her favorite thing to write for ONCE....and you can see it. My poor baby Gold.....barely hanging on. That whole scene, his panting, the beads of sweat on his face, his VOICE - so husky with emotion, that BELLE voice he always always uses with her.....

welcome to storybrooketales
Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

The only reason we haven't seen a lot of the happy moments is because the show hasn't been focusing on them- too many other things have been going on. Everyone is having everything and the kitchen sink thrown at them. There just hasn't been time. I am sure if this were the Belle and Rumple show, we would have seen a lot more. They have had happiness off screen though- between "The Crocodile" and "The Outsider," they were in a good place in their relationship. Things were going really well until Hook showed up. Also, "The Outsider" had lots of beautiful moments, from Belle's excitement that Rumple could find his son, to Rumple being very genuine in wishing Belle could come, to Belle telling Rumple about fighting for something, to when she fell into the safety of his arms after Hook's attack.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Passionate Fan

His voice... It was heartbreaking. Every time I watch that scene, I just start crying and I was like leave me here to die. It's so beautiful and I think it's the best dialogue I've seen too.
Truly emotional, truly inspiring. All in all it was perfect

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBelle (View Post)
The only reason we haven't seen a lot of the happy moments is because the show hasn't been focusing on them- too many other things have been going on. Everyone is having everything and the kitchen sink thrown at them. There just hasn't been time. I am sure if this were the Belle and Rumple show, we would have seen a lot more. They have had happiness off screen though- between "The Crocodile" and "The Outsider," they were in a good place in their relationship. Things were going really well until Hook showed up. Also, "The Outsider" had lots of beautiful moments, from Belle's excitement that Rumple could find his son, to Rumple being very genuine in wishing Belle could come, to Belle telling Rumple about fighting for something, to when she fell into the safety of his arms after Hook's attack.
It doesn't have to be the Belle and Gold show to show them having some happy moments. This is tv, it's a visual medium; don't tell us, SHOW us.........show us a little. That is not an unreasonable request. Off-screen does not help, it just doesn't. I think we all agree that the Outsider was great for them, but that does not make up for the utter lack of scenes between them previously. I don't buy the excuse that there wasn't time - make time. Again, I'm not suggesting we turn this into the Rumbelle hour (though lord knows a spinoff of them would be amazing), but just that we needed to see some happy scenes. Giving us the downs with very few ups is not really acceptable. By ups, I mean some simple domestic scenes, or just some kissing or love scenes or whatever. A few scenes here and there would have meant the world to fans - and it would have bolstered their story.

Hello, dearie ♥, this is the cutest family I ever met; rumbellefire

Aww. I hope Bae is curious about Belle and that they become friends; I think they are so connected already - and they are the only two who understand about the man they love. He can tell her about the man he knew as a good man, as his papa, and she can tell him about the man she knew, the man who was not a monster and still had that good in him that Bae used to know.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Beautiful art.. wow guys..

what's the title for the new thread? any quotes from the show?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Beautiful art.. wow guys..

what's the title for the new thread? any quotes from the show?
How about "you make me want to go back. Back to the best version of me"?

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

<3 I liked that.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

http://www.fanforum.com/f373/%7Bimmo.../#post68319047

new thread...