Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
and the crazy Bianca almost hurts Gio too.. like wth?
I guess grandpa is teaching him early how to deal with the cazy chicks. It would never have happened if Uncle Micheletto was around.
carriebess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Some thoughts from Moi.

Hi all

I really liked this episode, It actually was kinda light hearted, especially in Sassy France.

France -I loved the 2 sack queen, she was hilarious, and i loved her slapping the s&it out of Cesare and him grabbing her arm all faithless saying "there is no heaven, no hell...the world is what we make it" great impression Cesare, bringing atheism to religious France, yep you'll totally fit in.

I loved how much he was drinking in the episode, Dude was wasted and the camera kept focusing on the drink...Yep he was liquored up...And i loved how sassy he walked around like "Is this what you French call dancing" "I'll show you dancing". I love how Francois pronounced dancing too..Sexy

I loved Machiavelli being back to be his Gok Wan...Hilarious giving him fashion tips and extra sassy, ya know as they are in France...But yeah he even crushed on him a bit "wear black..as you do..totally suits you" and i loved the sassy facial expressions too.

I loved Cesare bowing to the French Court and nobody giving a f&ck until the king heard he could unload the 2 sack queen...And the bowing was so awkward too

Loved the costume changes for Sassy France, it was all elaborate, flamboyant, and beautiful, and kudos to the show for the great choices..costumes/music wise.

Ok on to Charlotte, amazingly i kinda liked her, I didn't love her, but she was sweet and likable, and i did love her laughing at Cesare getting the s&it slapped out of him...But yeah she wasn't 'bang your head of the wall and pray she goes away' Ursula...But I'm not gonna pretend it was easy to see her with Cesare...I'm all about Cesare/Lucrezia so as much as she turned out to be nice, I hope that's it now...He consummated with her, had a bit of a laugh, got his army and left.

I did love her asking him about love, but the lies that came out of his mouth "love doesn't envy" WTF dude...all you do is get jealous and want to kill or will kill as well as have killed any man who breathes Lucrezia's air...Yeah tell that to dead Alfonzo

Absolute tearjerker when she asked -

"is there one you have loved"
"yes"
"is this one close to you?" (yeah Charlotte, womb close )
"yes"
"is it me?"
"yes"
"you lie to comfort me for you leave tomorrow?"
"yes"

His face though when she asked, clearly thinking of Lucrezia in that moment paralleling her in the episode before doing the same in bed with Alfonso(writers i could kiss you for this kind of stuff)

What i did love about the marriage was how transparent it was...They both laid their cards out on the table...Charlotte making it clear she wanted a comfortable free independent life with a child she could raise in France....Cesare making it clear he wanted the king's support and the French Army, as well as letting her know he loved someone else...Basically a fun transaction it was....And i think for that reason Charlotte was easy for me to like...she wasn't bitchy/demanding/threatening/whiny..She was smart/sweet/kind/easy going.

Oh to add Cesare's strip tease with the french fan girls giggling, and his ego embracing his hot studly -ness and damn his body, Def a good look not just for his armor but for the fans female/possibly gay. Thank you writers for putting a strip tease in the 15th century..Now all we need is a pole for Cesare to work his thang

Rome - Did we have to see more boning?, Why show why?? you were doing so well..but yeah Rodrigo isn't impotent anymore..I really like this part too, boning aside .

I felt for Bianca especially when it was revealed just what happened to her, how horrible, but i was not impressed with how Rodrigo handled it at all..Selfish Bastard ...it was all about getting her out of his sight...and regardless of how deranged she was, there should have been proper compassion, but no she had to stab herself in the throat before Rodrigo gave a f&ck....I did scream in my Ripley voice "get away from him you bitch" when Bianca went for the crib and Gio.

Lucrezia's gone what? a day maybe 2...Is this what you call looking after the kid...idiot even having Bianca there with Gio.

I could not stop laughing though when deep in the night superhero Ascanio comes running in from nowhere Does that dude sleep in the vatican

And Vanozza got a 3 second scene, bold naughty show, should have given her a scene with Lucrezia and Lucrezia crying over Gio was sad, and of course she has to pretend it doesn't hurt that much cause pope selfish is there.

Naples - My fav part...Oh LAWD your light shone on us we finally got Lucrezia/Micheletto relationship

I love Micheletto...great character played with such nuance by Sean Harris, he could just be a remorseless assassin but there's a poetry in him, Capable of great moments of clarity/feeling/smarts.

I had a feeling even though we didn't see it before, he regarded Lucrezia as he did Cesare, especially the way she just handed him Gio without blinking...but i loved the bonding, and i loved that she was wary of him for a bit and definitely manipulating him...She wasn't sure what his angle was or if he had one.

I did love love their talk about her son and Micheletto confessing his heartbreak for her that she was separated from him and if he had one he would bind himself to him and let nobody come between them...Her touching his arm she knew what she was doing, using her womanly wiles on him. you could see he was touched by that too, and already made his mind up to kill the perv.

I loved Lucrezia calling the king out about her child and then taking matters into her own hands to poison him..Girl would have too, but Micheletto knew and basically did a Cesare to protect her He def likes her though and i when he basically told her what we all were thinking...Cesare entrusted him with her care..Ah Cesare awesome even when you're not around i finish this paragraph up with Alfonso is now gonna be called Pussy Alfonso from this point forward in every comment i refer to him, dems the breaks Alfonso

Oh awesome how perv was killed, gruesome 'fit for an a$$hole' and poetic too, by Lamprey Eels, and i loved the BroTP's discussing it at the end on the balcony and we got more insight into smart Lucrezia, girl clearly reads and knows her stuff..hello Canterella and Charcoal antidote. and I'll never not love poetic Micheletto

Yep this season is incredible and just keeps getting better...Roll on next episode.

rochey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so glad that Machiavelli is back he is one of my favorite "side" characters. And I never thought I would feel sorry for Bianca but I did. I always thought she was rather boring and kind of just another 20 something that is thrown in there, but everything about her story is tragic.

And I'm on the Uncle Micheletto team for life. Loved the guy and every scene he was in with Lucrezia. I only wish Lucrezia had actually been able to poison the damn perv king. Something so satisfying if she would have been successful in my mind.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey503 (View Post)
I'm so glad that Machiavelli is back he is one of my favorite "side" characters. And I never thought I would feel sorry for Bianca but I did. I always thought she was rather boring and kind of just another 20 something that is thrown in there, but everything about her story is tragic.
I felt sad for Bianca too. At this time, they didn't know what to do for people who suffered mental illnesses, this is terrible, just throwing them in a convent, without any support. I like her with Rodrigo and I like the compassion he feels for her, a kind of tenderness, nearly like a father to a child. After she killed herself and he hold her in his arms, it reminded me the scene with Juan. Bianca made me cry.

In Avignon, I would have thought Francois and the people at the court would speak French , it would have been easier and more authentic (except Francois has a strong Canadian accent when he speaks French ). Someone even asks him "parlez-vous Francais? " in French : do you speak French ? Of course he probably did ! Educated people used to speak French at this time.

Charlotte was sweet, and I was not even jealous for C/L. I could feel she wasn't a threat, that they just had a deal. When they kissed, they didn't even hold each other and when they had sex, they were talking "business", not very romantic She had a strong French accent and I noticed that people tend to find that charming
I didn't know that we have a martial nature. We've been portrayed as a bunch of jerks slapping each other and who can't dance !

I really loved the Mich/ Lucrezia scenes and that is so protective. I would have liked to have her kill the king herself though. Can't wait she meets Cesare again I hope soon
Lucresiare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

I also think it was a wasted opportunity to not have Francois speak French in the French court.. Even if he had a Quebec accent, he generally is so good with language I'm sure someone could have coached him to speak classic French. And yes I know from history Cesare and Lucrezia were schooled in speaking French, Italian, Latin (they did that in the damn church after all) and of course Catalan Spanish that almost no one else could understand.

Did you think Charlotte had a French accent? I know the actress is Romanian so maybe it was that kind of accent?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Did you think Charlotte had a French accent? I know the actress is Romanian so maybe it was that kind of accent?
I know she's Romanian, but she definitively had a French accent, and not a slight one. So either, she made it (and she very good at it), or she has French origin too
Old 05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Well it does seem that Ana Ularu does speak more than one language and one of them that she does speak is French I'm posting the article I found on tumblr that has information about her. So I'm sure that is why she is able to do the accent so well. As I am not a person who is good with telling what kind of accent that anyone has I'm glad you were able to enlighten me. (Except of course atrocious English accents or American accents sadly)

Ana Ularu (Charlotte d'Albret)

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 05-06-2013 at 09:57 PM
cheekymonkey503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Thinking of the next episode, I don't think it will be a problem for Lucrezia to spend the night somewhere else. She went out at night to find those mushrooms, so she probbaly will give Alfonso an excuse and then go see Cesare.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja82 (View Post)
Thinking of the next episode, I don't think it will be a problem for Lucrezia to spend the night somewhere else. She went out at night to find those mushrooms, so she probbaly will give Alfonso an excuse and then go see Cesare.
Oh I really hope so

And this time I hope it's Cesare who urges Lucrezia to sneak out and meet him. hehe.I feel bad seeing Lucrezia sort of beg for him to express his love for her.

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
claire_bear2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire_bear2007 (View Post)
Oh I really hope so

And this time I hope it's Cesare who urges Lucrezia to sneak out and meet him. hehe.I feel bad seeing Lucrezia sort of beg for him to express his love for her.
Me too, I would like to see that. I want Lucrezia to be a bit hard to get, not for too long, but just enough to get him to chase her.

Yes,it should not be a problem with Alfonso. Husband and wives generally didn't share the same room at this time. And they don't seem close at all. She spent more time with Mich than with her husband in the last episode. I wouldn't been surprised if they haven't had sex since the viewing.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucresiare (View Post)
Me too, I would like to see that. I want Lucrezia to be a bit hard to get, not for too long, but just enough to get him to chase her.

Yes,it should not be a problem with Alfonso. Husband and wives generally didn't share the same room at this time. And they don't seem close at all. She spent more time with Mich than with her husband in the last episode. I wouldn't been surprised if they haven't had sex since the viewing.
I too hope it's Cesare who urges her to meet him somewhere. I want him to step over his guilt and love her completely without any remorse. I tell you, this show is badly in need of exactly this type of scene and I am sure the writers and producers realize it. If that's Lucrezia in the opening credits scene, I will be ecstatic.
nataliece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliece (View Post)
. I want him to step over his guilt and love her completely without any remorse. I tell you, this show is badly in need of exactly this type of scene and I am sure the writers and producers realize it. If that's Lucrezia in the opening credits scene, I will be ecstatic.
At the same time, I don't think that it would be realistic to expect an incestual love story happening without any remorse and guilt. I am surprised that Lucrezia doesn't seems to look guilty at all.

Yes, its her ring so I am sure its her. But what about the guy ? How can we be sure ? I hope its him
Old 05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yes we know it is him:

Glock, verauko: A pretty Borgia butt for a good night...

Glock, objectifying cesare borgia throughout the seasons

Does no one remember the Caterina scene from last year it is obviously Francois in that credit picture.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes we know it is him:

Glock, verauko: A pretty Borgia butt for a good night...

Glock, objectifying cesare borgia throughout the seasons

Does no one remember the Caterina scene from last year it is obviously Francois in that credit picture.
We'll know next week
Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Well I know already, I'm 100% sure that it is him from more than just the butt shot. If you look at the elbow in the credits it definitely has Francois' bony elbow and that I know from the movie Les Grandes Chaleurs
And are you sure it will be next week? It might not happen till ep 9 or 10.

Evening Arinna
Reply   Post New Thread