Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Total Fan

IDK, someone on tumblr said they believe this promo consisted of scenes from 3x10 and 3x11. And she brought up a promo from season 2 that had scenes in it from "Plan B" and "Masquerade".

And they may be right if it's 3x11 that's supposedly the big episode for SE.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
IDK, someone on tumblr said they believe this promo consisted of scenes from 3x10 and 3x11. And she brought up a promo from season 2 that had scenes in it from "Plan B" and "Masquerade".

And they may be right if it's 3x11 that's supposedly the big episode for SE.
Yeah but, to me, 'big episode' implies something positive happens, or at least gives us some hope. I guess that could be the case there, if Stefan does it because Rebekah is free and plans to kill her or something to that effect. I just don't see an episode that's supposed to be 'massive' for S/E ending on a bad note.

Though, I guess, it could give a reason Elena a good reason for skipping town with Bonnie. She's just found out Stefan's feelings for her are back, but is conflicted because of his actions, and is struggling with whether or not to forgive him.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

ugh I hope its just a dream
Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
Yeah but, to me, 'big episode' implies something positive happens, or at least gives us some hope. I guess that could be the case there, if Stefan does it because Rebekah is free and plans to kill her or something to that effect. I just don't see an episode that's supposed to be 'massive' for S/E ending on a bad note.

Though, I guess, it could give a reason Elena a good reason for skipping town with Bonnie. She's just found out Stefan's feelings for her are back, but is conflicted because of his actions, and is struggling with whether or not to forgive him.
So was 3x03 and 3x05 and they both ended on bad notes for SE.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
So was 3x03 and 3x05 and they both ended on bad notes for SE.
I don't recall them using the word 'massive' for either of those eps, though. The only thing I can recall is them saying Elena would get 'abused', which didn't really happen.

With all the horrible stuff that's been happening lately, something has to give sooner or later--Elena needs to know Stefan still cares about her, which is the one thing that's probably going to happen in this episode. Though, if you're right, the way she finds out isn't going to be a good one.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I can understand people who are worrying, especially concerning Stefan and Elena, but I think I will just wait until after the episode airs, before I let everyone know my feelings on it.

My biggest concern is that the writers are switching Damon and Stefan's personalities and somehow making DE the new SE. They really have to be careful about the line they are treading on in upcoming episodes.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseManny (View Post)
My biggest concern is that the writers are switching Damon and Stefan's personalities and somehow making DE the new SE. They really have to be careful about the line they are treading on in upcoming episodes.
Which is a double-edged sword, when you think about it. Are they trying to make D/E look 'better', or are they trying to win more people over to S/E by transposing the angst. I mean, I noticed several people say they didn't like S/E before ep 6--a few too many for my taste. Neither way works, because with both Stefan AND Damon, you're changing a fundamental reason why certain fans like either of those pairings. I'm certain Damon's fans don't want him to become like Stefan anymore than we want Stefan to stay Damon-esque.

Last edited by LeeryAndPotter; 01-03-2012 at 08:46 PM
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
Which is a double-edged sword, when you think about it. Are they trying to make D/E look 'better', or are they trying to win more people over to S/E by transposing the angst. I mean, I noticed several people say they didn't like S/E before ep 6--a few too many for my taste. Neither way works, because with both Stefan AND Damon, you're changing a fundamental reason why certain fans like either of those pairings. I'm certain Damon's fans don't want him to become like Stefan anymore than we want Stefan to stay Damon-esque.
Exactly and while DE do have a majority of the TVD crowd, it's not like SE is waning in the support area either. SE and DE are two very different types of ships and I just wish the writers were aware of how close they are to that line right now. It's the same with the brothers, they are neither both fully evil or both pure saint, but the way they act are very different from one another. Their personalities, their stratagies and the way they deal and not deal with things are two completely seperate sides of the spectrum. The writers can accomplish showing Stefan's not so shiny side aswell as not making him be the new Damon. If they have Stefan force his blood to Elena, then that is just recycling something that Damon has already done. Again are they trying to make Stefan into Damon or is that something that Stefan actually has to do and feels he has no other options
Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

so are we sure that scene happens in epi 11?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagrey13 (View Post)
so are we sure that scene happens in epi 11?
That's still under debate. I think there's a good chance it happens in ep 10. We'll know for sure in two days.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

ugh Im gonna stress for two days!! I swear if that scene ends up being real, I hope this show gets cancelled. if my OTP is gonna go down then I hope everything else goes down with it
Old 01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseManny (View Post)
If they have Stefan force his blood to Elena, then that is just recycling something that Damon has already done. Again are they trying to make Stefan into Damon or is that something that Stefan actually has to do and feels he has no other options
Well, we don't know the context, like I said. According to what we've heard, Rebekah's going to come gunning for Elena, so it could very well be a situation where Stefan believes he doesn't have a choice--then again, when Damon did it, it was for the exact same reason. I almost want it to be a case of Stefan trying to scare her away, or some other kind of bluff, just so he's not just copying Damon.

Edited to add: Ok, I just decided to be brave and watch it myself--not as bad as I first feared. Stefan's words makes it sound like he's using the threat of it to have Elena go along with his plan--whatever it is. I don't get the feeling like he's seriously considering turning her here.

Last edited by LeeryAndPotter; 01-03-2012 at 09:41 PM
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nina said that she did an emotional scene with Paul.. I don't think its the blood car thing, so it must be something else.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagrey13 (View Post)
ugh Im gonna stress for two days!! I swear if that scene ends up being real, I hope this show gets cancelled. if my OTP is gonna go down then I hope everything else goes down with it
I think it is wrong of you to say that you hope the show gets cancelled just because SE is over. If you don't like what is happening, don't watch, but don't wish cancellation on the rest of us just because Stefan is behaving like an ass by forcing his blood on Elena when he KNOWS that she doesn't want to turn.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

But that didn't stop Damon from doing the same thing also. In both cases it's the wrong thing to do, but.. like I said.. I don't think we should judge until we see the circumstances and the context regarding it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread