Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Spoiler:

I can't see TCD reaching the fourth season, anyway. But after all, The CW is the only channel that renew shows with low ratings, so we've been lucky.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
You're really mad about that, huh
You bet I am.

Spoiler:

The CW kind of has to renew shows with low ratings or they wouldn't have a network.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

At least CW seems to give their shows a final season & chance to finish, even if its shorter. That's something & good.

I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way but I'm surprised it lasted this long as it really doesn't seem like any of their other shows. That possibly wasn't helping it much, but it did well to last this long & at least it was given a chance even with lower ratings. Even if it doesn't fully suit CW when looking at that maybe it was a good thing that it was on there

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I'm surprised too. But honestly I'm not so sure that on another channel it would have been a huge hit. We can't blame the CW "fame", really, because otherwise none of its other shows would be decent in terms of ratings and if people find a show interesting they watch it no matter what.

Maybe on a clable, with more scenes "over the top", more action, more "risks"...

Old 06-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

People said the CW gave it a chance originally because it did very well internationally, but yeah I'm surprised that we got 4 seasons out of it when the demo got as low as it did
Old 06-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
At least CW seems to give their shows a final season & chance to finish, even if its shorter. That's something & good.

I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way but I'm surprised it lasted this long as it really doesn't seem like any of their other shows. That possibly wasn't helping it much, but it did well to last this long & at least it was given a chance even with lower ratings. Even if it doesn't fully suit CW when looking at that maybe it was a good thing that it was on there
No, I've said exactly the same thing. CW is not the right network for a show like this. It's mostly a cotton-candy bubble-gum network. Fox would've been a good choice back in the 2000's, but it's not the 2000's anymore. Woah, did I actually say that? I'm so old!

I think FX, TNT, or AMC would've been a good place for Nikita. I would've said USA, but I'm not sure they'd want another Nikita show. I do appreciate CW at least giving us six final episodes......although I would've preferred 10 or 12.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
People said the CW gave it a chance originally because it did very well internationally
Yeah, after S1 and 2 that was the "justification" from the channel. I wonder if it did it also because they didn't have enough stuff to put at its place.

Quote:
I would've said USA, but I'm not sure they'd want another Nikita show.
USA was the channel of LFN?

Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep They didn't treat it that well though towards the end of the fourth season
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

6 episodes is really not much. That small amount surprises me, but still something at least

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, but the fact that we still have them it's a good thing and it makes me forget that they're ONLY six

Can you imagine not having them at all? With that 3x22 ending?

Anyway I hope the artwork of the S3 DVD won't be the one Amazon has they're S1 pictures! But I know that CW rarely does new pgotoshoots and ofter re-use the old ones

Old 06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They've been using old Supernatural photoshoots for forever now
Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I wonder why they never make new ones!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They're too cheap They make so many for just one season of The Vampire Diaries, and then just throw some old manip at the rest of their line-up
Old 06-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Speaking of which, how does a show like Supernatural last on CW so long and Nikita only gets a six episode final season? Smallville got more and that show was horrible near the end.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just not enough people watching Nikita for whatever reason I still think it could have done better if they had aired it behind a similar action show like Arrow. People said TvD slot was a great place in the schedule, but I wonder of it hurt more than it helped? A lot of young viewers were coming from that show and expecting similar triangles in Nikita , many stopped watching when Malex never happened. The viewers just weren't very compatable. Then we get stuck behind a modelling show for the lead-in