Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, I'm sorry about Smash
Old 05-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

It was written on the wall, but the official announcement was anyway. I don't regret starting watching it, though. I loved and love it so much. It's all so so sad

I think that at some point we'll have to open the thread "Season 4 discussion - what do you expect to see?". Without spoilers, of course. Maybe after the finale, so we can unstick the episode thread and top the S4 one. What do you think?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think definitely do that once the finale has aired
Old 05-16-2013, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So Nikita will be back in midseason. Only six episodes
Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I noticed that TCD has replaced Nikita, I thought they would do the same as they did with GG and air the episodes before Xmas Oh well, I guess at least it will give us a little longer to talk before the final episode airs
Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Still no news about when it will be back, but I'm pretty sure it will be on January or later. Six episodes are one week and a half, so...

But I wonder when, even in that case. They didn't announce other shortened seasons, so....they really think that they'll have to cancel some stuff and put Nikita at its place? What if it doesn't happen? They put Nikita on summer?

CW 2013-14 Primetime Schedule: 'Hart of Dixie' and 'Beauty and the Beast' Pair Monday, 'Supernatural' to Tuesday, 'The Carrie Diaries' Friday + 'Nikita' TBD

So:

Final season, six episodes, not scheduled yet.

EDIT:
It seems that they'll put Nikita later in the fall.

Anyway my two cents about this story: I know that six episodes only are the minimum and that other shows had more (OTH 13, GG 10, 90210 22), but they were different shows: syndicated, first. Second, they were in different schedule situations, probably there was the space to put all those episodes. The number of episodes ordered for Nikita seem depended on the new pilots picked. If they don't have the space to put more than 6 episodes for Nikita, they don't order more episodes. Pedowitz said that As for the short episode order, he explained, "We felt that six episodes was the way to go. We wanted to give the fans a conclusion.", but I think there was more practical reasons for that number choice. Of course, there's always the possibility that some pilot get canceled early, but The CW can't know it in advance.

And being said that, 6 episodes are better than nothing. We had this chance to have them, this luck! considered the terrible ratings Nikita has. The CW is already a living joke for renewing shows with such bad bad ratings. We should be grateful for these episodes, TONS of other shows haven't it: they get canceled by the networks, no matter how much fans love it or 'buzz' on internet.
I had to see it with my other favorite show, Smash, that got canceled because of the bad bad ratings. NBC didn't care to give fans even one more episode to wrap things: it was too expensive to produce, the ratings were awul, so they canceled it. The writers say that they tried to wrap things and even if the last two episodes (that will air next Saturday, in a two hours series finale) can be looked as a series finale, they couldn't wrap all things perfectly. They say the fans will be satisfied, anyway, by how they ended it. The point is that, anyway, that we won't have a real series finale.

The CW gave six episode for that to Nikita, another channel would have canceled it after season 2 or at the end of S3, probably, without a finale: instead of complaining (I'm not talking about FF, but Twitter and, probably, Tumblr too) because of WTF, F... YOU CW, HOW DO YOU DARE TO GIVE NIKITA SIX EPISODES ONLY, WHEN YOU GAVE OTHER BAD QUALITY SHOWS MORE THAN THAT we should be relieved to have this chance. I may agree that ten or thirteen episodes would have been better, but it's clear that that they couldn't add them because of some reasons we don't fully know. And it's unbelievable that people who are *mad* about this choice really rant like that, without thinking that hey, maybe they couldn't do it for more. They're all WTF I HATE CW. Like kids.

Last edited by airali_glo; 05-16-2013 at 01:28 PM
Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I agree, we're lucky that Nikita will be able to conclude properly with these 6 episodes, considering they were getting 0.2 in the demo most networks would have never renewed it for even that many
Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I agree. I'm just glad it will have the send off it deserves! I'm going to watch "La Femme Nikita" once Nikita is over, did you watch it?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did! It's a great show
Old 05-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I don't know, I don't think I will it would look weird to me

Old 05-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damn, I was so hoping they'd give us at least 10 episodes for a final season since it'll be a midseason run instead of a full season.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

And now I'm angry. 6 episodes. My heart hurts. My brain refuses to see the silver lining because Nikita is the only show I follow week to week for the first time. I dunno about how CW functions or how other shows don't get the right ending. I just know about Nikita and how amazing it is compared to other teeny bobby teens shows.

I was thinking that 10/13 would be perrrrrrrrrrrfect.

Let me mourn.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The problem is that Nikita should never have been on that bubblegum, cotton candy network called The CW in the first place. It would've been better suited to Fox, FX, AMC, or TNT. It was too good for The CW, which totally mismanaged the show by putting it on Fridays instead of its original Thursday night time slot just to promote another one of their teeny-bopper shows, The Secret Circle.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It would've been better suited to Fox, FX, AMC, or TNT. It was too good for The CW,
I so agree with this.

It's a shame because Nikita is the best show on The CW and I will never be okay with the fact that it only got 6 episodes while crapfests like HoD and TCD got full seasons
Old 05-18-2013, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

‘Nikita Season 4 Spoilers — Final Six Episodes - TVLineA talk with Craig on their plans for next season