Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I think if we have a season 3 there will be lots of soldier!Jack stuff. It's so obvious that it's only a matter of time until the faith arc disappears completely.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really want to see more of Jack's soldier side, but unlike Erica, I would hope that he didn't lose his compassion/humanity at the same time.
I REALLY hope he doesn't lose touch with his humanity (especially since I'm disappointed that the Faith arc is going to be pretty much erased in the near future) because he might remain the one SANE voice of reason our old team, pre-radical movement era, holds onto.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Don't forget Jack's character bio did say that he would be developing a darker nature so I am expecting it to play out at some point in the future. It's only a question of whether or not we'll still get to see it due to the show's bad ratings.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Don't forget Jack's character bio did say that he would be developing a darker nature so I am expecting it to play out at some point in the future. It's only a question of whether or not we'll still get to see it due to the show's bad ratings.
That's right, I forgot about that. Geez, it seems like that's the 'original' direction that the writing has opted to take for ALL the human characters.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
That's right, I forgot about that. Geez, it seems like that's the 'original' direction that the writing has opted to take for ALL the human characters.
Yup. Like we said we will be getting carbon copy resistance members because that's what makes for compelling and multi-dimensional storytelling.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yup. Like we said we will be getting carbon copy resistance members because that's what makes for compelling and multi-dimensional storytelling.
Yup, apparently so.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yup, apparently so.
Yeah. Everyone has a dark nature. Everyone has some kind of military or government training. Everyone's embracing the V-hate. Diversity? What's that?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Diversity? What's that?
Um, the act of willingly and knowingly accepting what is different ONLY within the limitations of your own species?!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Um, the act of willingly and knowingly accepting what is different ONLY within the limitations of your own species?!
Heather, you weren't supposed to say that. Diversity does not exist. Don't you ever forget that. And if anyone tells you differently, they're lying.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Heather, you weren't supposed to say that. Diversity does not exist. Don't you ever forget that. And if anyone tells you differently, they're lying.
Oops, my mistake. I forget, this is V! ...

Anyway, more soldier Jack it'll definitely be. It's going to be like trying to get used to a whole new character. You know, I could probably accept it a little bit easier if I knew this new path would have value/growth for the character. AND, if he still stuck to his values/beliefs from his faith, regardless of his 'title' being stripped. You know, like the the title actually indicates. But it annoys me to no end that I can Just feel that it's all been stripped away just so he can deteroriate into some human love prop down the road.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oops, my mistake. I forget, this is V! ...

Anyway, more soldier Jack it'll definitely be. It's going to be like trying to get used to a whole new character. You know, I could probably accept it a little bit easier if I knew this new path would have value/growth for the character. AND, if he still stuck to his values/beliefs from his faith, regardless of his 'title' being stripped. You know, like the the title actually indicates.
I know. I always used to say that I could accept the soldier!Jack route if they had kept the character a priest at heart but I just know it won't happen. It's only a matter of time until the faith stuff disappears completely IMO.

Quote:
But it annoys me to no end that I can Just feel that it's all been stripped away just so he can deteroriate into some human love prop down the road.
That's basically all there is to it. I have no doubts about that one. All the Jack/Joe parallels and the way they kept on focusing on Jack's reaction when he witnessed the Erica/Hobbes moment confirmed it for me.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know. I always used to say that I could accept the soldier!Jack route if they had kept the character a priest at heart but I just know it won't happen. It's only a matter of time until the faith stuff disappears completely IMO.
yeah, that's very frustrating for me because I liked the faith element to the show. Jack was such a unique character and I like it when everything and everyone doesn't get tied down by romance.

Quote:
That's basically all there is to it. I have no doubts about that one. All the Jack/Joe parallels and the way they kept on focusing on Jack's reaction when he witnessed the Erica/Hobbes moment confirmed it for me.
Yes. The moment that Jack had his collar officially taken away, is the moment that all the hints were dropped that ERica was Jack's future plot point.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes. The moment that Jack had his collar officially taken away, is the moment that all the hints were dropped that ERica was Jack's future plot point.
I also thought it was quite a coincidence (read contrivance) that basically as soon as the collar came off, the character was starting to exhibit feelings of jealousy. The writers couldn't even wait until season 3 to go there. At the rate they are going I expect Erica and Jack to get together by the end of a hypothetical season 3.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I also thought it was quite a coincidence (read contrivance) that basically as soon as the collar came off, the character was starting to exhibit feelings of jealousy. The writers couldn't even wait until season 3 to go there. At the rate they are going I expect Erica and Jack to get together by the end of a hypothetical season 3.
If we get a S3, I definitely think that Erica and Jack are hooking up. I predict that the revelation regarding Hobbes is going to jumpstart things closer in that direction because Erica will feel betrayed and left by everyone close to her: First with Joe's death, then Tyler's loyalties lying completely with Anna and the V's, Ryan and Kyle's betrayal. Jack will be who she seeks emotional comfort from since she'll probably feel like he's the only one who didn't let her down or make a move behind her back.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

9 episodes are over and there has been no further word on the R6 plot. I take it the storyline has been dropped?