Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Wasn't Jack supposed to be fighting this war for his faith? I guess that, too, will eventually get revisioned down the road.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but I think the faith element is quickly going to become overshadowed by the love prop element.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yeah, but I think the faith element is quickly going to become overshadowed by the love prop element.
Yeah, that much is obvious considering that the writers couldn't even wait until season 3 for Jack to display signs of jealousy or make moves on Erica. I think it's so ridiculous for a man, who has stuck by his faith and lived by the principals associated with that for decades, to throw it all away for a woman after he has known her for a mere couple of weeks, but whatever. Maybe if this were a story that's playing out over the course of a couple of years, I would find it a little bit easier to swallow.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-06-2011 at 12:52 PM
Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do get your points. It's too soapy for my tastes, especially when we consider the way ERica already hooked up with Hobbes. It gets to me because now there won't be anything distinctive that sets Jack apart from the other characters if he goes all 'military commando' along with ERica.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do get your points. It's too soapy for my tastes, especially when we consider the way ERica already hooked up with Hobbes.
Absolutely. I find the whole thing ridiculous. If Erica hooks up with Jack next season, which seems to be very likely, she will have went from kissing and making eyes at Joe to having sex with Hobbes and then to getting it on with Jack all within a span of 5-15 episodes. That might translate to 2 or 3 weeks in show continuity. Not that this is an unexpected development, but it still pains me to see her story getting turned into such a cheap and pointless soap opera and it kinda makes you wonder what other nonsense they might still have in store for her character in the future.

Quote:
It gets to me because now there won't be anything distinctive that sets Jack apart from the other characters if he goes all 'military commando' along with ERica.
Yeah, I know. It's obvious that come season 3, there will be nothing left of the Jack character that we were originally introduced to except for the name and his looks. We are looking at a full on reinvention of a character here.

ETA:

I just found this:

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell: Joel said something wonderful to me. He goes, “You know, I’m pretty good at that stuff.” There’s a scene that we shot but they never showed where Father Jack moves in and he just gets really close. He looks at her and she’s like whoa, okay. We shot it and it was really fun but what you have mainly is he’s a guy, he’s a man. You have him coming in and me being all like yeah, whatever, come on in. He gets a little close and I’m like [giggling], “I’m sorry, this is awesome. Do it again.” So there’s got to be something there. We had far more romantic tension scenes and they’re all cut so they should be on the DVD somewhere.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/interv...-on-v-season-3
Please don't tell me that at the beginning of the finale, Hobbes was still sleeping in Erica's bed and by the end of the finale, Jack had moved in with her and we only didn't get to see it because the scene was cut. If that's the case this show and Erica's arc have definitely entered full blown soap opera territory. I'm not even sure that daytime soaps are this bad, to be honest.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-07-2011 at 03:54 PM
Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Whoa, moves in with her?! If that's the case, thank goodness they cut it - because that would not bode well for ERica's character at all, considering her 'situation' with Hobbes already.

But when I initially read that, I thought all that 'he moves in and gets close' just meant his body movements in relation to her. Like he steps forward and gets close to her, but I could be wrong about that. Your interpretation could most certainly apply too without some more clarification.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Whoa, moves in with her?! If that's the case, thank goodness they cut it - because that would not bode well for ERica's character at all, considering her 'situation' with Hobbes already.

But when I initially read that, I thought all that 'he moves in and gets close' just meant his body movements in relation to her. Like he steps forward and gets close to her, but I could be wrong about that. Your interpretation could most certainly apply too without some more clarification.
When I initially read it I interpreted it the same way you did, but then I saw one of the Wondercon reporters saying that Jack has moved in with Erica (temporarily), so I'm not sure what to think. Looking back at the finale, I don't know where a scene of Jack moving in with Erica is supposed to fit in timeline wise, so it would make more sense for the quote to be referring to his body movements in relation to her. But on the other hand, the 'moving in' scenario is not completely out of the realm of possibility either considering that Jack was living with Hobbes and now that Hobbes took off, Jack probably needs to find himself a new place to stay at. And that makes me realize how convenient (read contrived) it is that Tyler died right around the time that Jack became homeless.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-07-2011 at 04:39 PM
Old 04-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah, I was just thinking that about Hobbes being MIA and how Jack was living with him. Are we to assume that both Jack and Erica are now aware of the situation and truth regarding Hobbes, if that cut scene with Ryan finding out the truth before he died, means anything?! And then Hobbes bolted to get away from them all.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ Yeah, I was just thinking that about Hobbes being MIA and how Jack was living with him. Are we to assume that both Jack and Erica are now aware of the situation and truth regarding Hobbes, if that cut scene with Ryan finding out the truth before he died, means anything?! And then Hobbes bolted to get away from them all.
Well, we've heard that they shot a scene where Erica finds out the truth about Hobbes in the finale, but the scene didn't air so Erica 'officially' doesn't know about it yet. SR mentioned the possibility that he may use those deleted scenes as flashbacks in season 3, though. I have no idea if Jack is aware of it yet, but my guess is that he doesn't.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-08-2011 at 07:45 AM
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
When I initially read it I interpreted it the same way you did, but then I saw one of the Wondercon reporters saying that Jack has moved in with Erica (temporarily), so I'm not sure what to think.
WHAT?

Where did you saw that? I saw the interview with Liz describing that scene and I'm quite sure she is talking about Jack getting close to her, not moving in with her

I can see that happening in season 3 though. I don't know if Jack will stay in Hobbes' bunker now that he left, and Erica has a free room now (Tyler's )
Old 04-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
WHAT?

Where did you saw that? I saw the interview with Liz describing that scene and I'm quite sure she is talking about Jack getting close to her, not moving in with her
I think it was mentioned in one of the articles from the TVAddict, but they used the same Liz quote as reference, so it's possible they simply misinterpreted the statement.

Quote:
I can see that happening in season 3 though. I don't know if Jack will stay in Hobbes' bunker now that he left, and Erica has a free room now (Tyler's )
Why can't Jack move to a motel? Just the fact that he was already allowed to move in with Hobbes reminded me once again of the big anti-species feel of this show because when the V in the group was nearly killed by Anna's people and forced out of his home, nobody lend a helping hand or offered him a place to stay. He had to move to a cheap and dirty motel room. This whole thing bothers me.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-08-2011 at 07:47 AM
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, wow, that is so true about Ryan! It never even occured to me how that contrasted with Jack moving in with Hobbes.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, wow, that is so true about Ryan! It never even occured to me how that contrasted with Jack moving in with Hobbes.
I noticed it immediately, but I never bothered to mention it. The writers never did anything worthwhile with the Jack/Hobbes angle, though, so I suppose it's fairly likely that they only had Jack moving in with Hobbes so that he could be made aware of Hobbes sleeping with Erica and get jealous. Still, it only served to strengthen the already strong anti-species feel of the show IMO.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I think it was mentioned in one of the articles from the TVAddict, but they used the same Liz quote as reference, so it's possible they simply misinterpreted the statement.
Oh, ok. I think they misinterpeted it then.

Quote:
Why can't Jack move to a motel? Just the fact that he was already allowed to move in with Hobbes reminded me once again of the big anti-species feel of this show because when the V in the group was nearly killed by Anna's people and forced out of his home, nobody lend a helping hand or offered him a place to stay. He had to move to a cheap and dirty motel room. This whole thing bothers me.
That is true. I don't think Hobbes would have wanted Ryan living with him considering he hates him, but he could have move in with Chad or Erica (but I don't know if she had any free room by that time, because Joe had to crash on the sofa).

Quote:
The writers never did anything worthwhile with the Jack/Hobbes angle, though, so I suppose it's fairly likely that they only had Jack moving in with Hobbes so that he could be made aware of Hobbes sleeping with Erica and get jealous.
I think that was their intention too.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ick, see, nothing is ever meaningful on this show. It's all too superficial for my tastes - everything happening here isn't because it flows naturally with the story being told, it's just being done to create a whole bunch of soap opera drama.