Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
9 episodes are over and there has been no further word on the R6 plot. I take it the storyline has been dropped?
Yup! That's right. And it was a Jack-centered plot point since he was injected with it. I always had assumed that there would be more to the R6 injections, in addition to it just being a mere tracking device; however, there hasn't even been anymore mention of THAT or how it's being used on Jack. Did it suddenly just disappear or what?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yup! That's right. And it was a Jack-centered plot point since he was injected with it. I always had assumed that there would be more to the R6 injections, in addition to it just being a mere tracking device; however, there hasn't even been anymore mention of THAT or how it's being used on Jack. Did it suddenly just disappear or what?!
I don't know, but the plot point basically disappeared as soon as it was introduced. Maybe they expect us to already have forgotten about it.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know, but the plot point basically disappeared as soon as it was introduced. Maybe they expect us to already have forgotten about it.
Then I guess Jack's body must have forgotten about it's effects as well.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Then I guess Jack's body must have forgotten about it's effects as well.
I've never seen Jack give that shot any thought outside of the episode where he got it. He has probably completely forgotten about it's existence by now.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've never seen Jack give that shot any thought outside of the episode where he got it. He has probably completely forgotten about it's existence by now.
Yeah, I sure wish I could have been as confident as Jack then, that the tracking device in my system just 'magically' disappeared somehow.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, they totally forgot about the R6 thing as well

I found this cap:

credit

Old 03-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jack as 'Father Jack!'

R6 could have been a good individual storyline to follow through on for Jack. It sucks that they left it hanging like that.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

I sometimes wonder if they have a continuity person on the show. If they do he/she is doing a very lousy job IMO.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh, gosh, I know. It drives me wild when continuity gets screwed up, let alone when it's done so early on. When that happens, there's definitely a real problem, lol.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ Oh, gosh, I know. It drives me wild when continuity gets screwed up, let alone when it's done so early on. When that happens, there's definitely a real problem, lol.
To give the continuity person the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that he/she has reminded the writers of some of the older details, but they didn't listen and decided to write what they wanted anyway.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To give the continuity person the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that he/she has reminded the writers of some of the older details, but they didn't listen and decided to write what they wanted anyway.
yeah, that's true. It's kind of like when a waitress takes the order down the right way, but the cook screws it up in the back. She'll take the heat for it when it's really technically not her fault.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

After watching the season finale, I suspect that if there's a season 3, it will be a Jack/Erica love fest. He will obviously get to be the one to help her deal with Tyler's death IMO.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
After watching the season finale, I suspect that if there's a season 3, it will be a Jack/Erica love fest. He will obviously get to be the one to help her deal with Tyler's death IMO.
I think so too, and well, she doesn't have anyone else left now but Jack

v caps
Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't have minded Jack being the one there to comfort ERica, and to maybe help guide her back in the right direction. But as a friend. It's the romantic and triangle/quadangle implications that have me dreading it.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't have minded Jack being the one there to comfort ERica, and to maybe help guide her back in the right direction. But as a friend. It's the romantic and triangle/quadangle implications that have me dreading it.
Agreed, but let's face it. All the human characters will be more or less reduced to meaningless soap opera crap now. They don't even have anything to tie them back to the V theme anymore. That's how divided the overall plot has become under the new direction.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 03-22-2011 at 07:00 AM